• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    A friend of a friend of a friend posted this on FB and it came across my feed, so I took screen shots of it. I deleted his name since I don't actually know the guy, but wanted to share it because it is a review from a regular guy.

Tesla.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That reminds me of the old Grand Prix I had back in the day. Rock solid at 85+ MPH and felt like I was going 40. I got used to using my cruise control all the time to keep my speed in check.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I am guessing what he meant by that was without staring at the speedometer the whole time and not having the sound of an engine revving it’s easy to go too fast.

Our 2000 Grand Am GT was like that, it was so quiet and smooth at 110 it was easy to do. In contrast my ‘vette with a performance exhaust you can generally tell how fast you’re going just from the sound.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A friend of a friend of a friend posted this on FB and it came across my feed, so I took screen shots of it. I deleted his name since I don't actually know the guy, but wanted to share it because it is a review from a regular guy.

View attachment 228282
    So, he drives way too fast everywhere and wonders why the range isn't as advertised.

There's plenty more in there that leads me to think this isn't the brightest advocate for the anti-Tesla position.

I get it. Electric vehicles have shortcomings. But Rams when he was concerned about the monthly cost for electricity? Guess what I drive. I don't know how much he drives, but a cost of $70-$100 a month for me is about 25% of what I spend now...fueling my Hemi Ram.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So, he drives way too fast everywhere and wonders why the range isn't as advertised.

There's plenty more in there that leads me to think this isn't the brightest advocate for the anti-Tesla position.

I get it. Electric vehicles have shortcomings. But Rams when he was concerned about the monthly cost for electricity? Guess what I drive. I don't know how much he drives, but a cost of $70-$100 a month for me is about 25% of what I spend now...fueling my Hemi Ram.
    The 3500 Cummins diesel gets 26 on the highway, maybe you have the wrong RAM…

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My brother gets 26 on the highway and I know he is not at 55…
    Our 06 Sierra still knocks down 22 highway at 75. Back when gas wasn't sucky it would get 24 at 80 (2k rpms) all day long.... because that's how long it took to cross west Texas.
    Hell it gets 15 towing race car on open trailer at 70-75

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hydrogen is way off in the future, even NASA has trouble containing hydrogen fuel, so at this point it's way beyond mass production. Maybe someday down the road.
    I read recently that fueling a car or truck with hydrogen would be 6X the cost of gasoline for the end user if scaled up with current technology

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think it’s more like a vegan flavoring his fake bacon with real bacon grease.

But really, it’s gonna be a long time charging that thing with a gas generator.
    Not as long as it would be using a couple of solar panels or a Darius Rotor

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have read that the carbon footprint of a typical gasoline powered car, including manufacture and operation for 55,000 miles is the same as the carbon footprint of just manufacturing the battery for a Tesla. Add to that, the fact that it takes 6 times the energy to manufacture a part from aluminum as it does for a part made of steel. EVs require a extensive use of aluminum to counter the weight of the battery.

In other words, it’s likely that the carbon footprint of an EV will never match that of a standard gasoline powered car in its entire life. There is nothing green about an EV.

Top Bottom