Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Just finished fixing gate in the back 40. Had reset a post or two. Adjacent property owner came over on his side by side beer in hand. Looking at me like I am the dumbest person on the planet.
    When I was a child, I was out in the fields hoeing weeds in this heat.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Garden weeded and cultivated. Caged in the remaining broccoli and brussel sprouts to stave off the pesky rabbits.
    22 works wonders for those little parasites.
    When I was a child, I was out in the fields hoeing weeds in this heat.
    yeah I don’t get it things need to be done so they get done. My work cooler goes in the tractor with 4-8 bottles of water all good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Evenin' all. Sounds like lots of good grub being cooked today! The fajitas were wonderful. Got plenty of leftovers since DoggyMama and the granddaughter only ate one tortilla's worth each. :n00b:

I use a marinade I learned to make when I worked at TGI Friday's back in the mid to late 80's for the beef and to cook the peppers and onions in. 1 cup water, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup liquid smoke (hickory), 3 tbsp. A-1, 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp. salt, 1 tbsp. black pepper. Cook the peppers and onions until they're limp and carmelized (from all the sugar in the marinade).

I set up my steamer for the tortillas. Put the meat, peppers and cheese on the tortillas and steam to melt the cheese, then add guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo depending on your taste. Used a ribeye and a chicken breast for the meat. Sometime I want to try shrimp.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Evenin' all. Sounds like lots of good grub being cooked today! The fajitas were wonderful. Got plenty of leftovers since DoggyMama and the granddaughter only ate one tortilla's worth each. :n00b:

I use a marinade I learned to make when I worked at TGI Friday's back in the mid to late 80's for the beef and to cook the peppers and onions in. 1 cup water, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup liquid smoke (hickory), 3 tbsp. A-1, 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp. salt, 1 tbsp. black pepper. Cook the peppers and onions until they're limp and carmelized (from all the sugar in the marinade).

I set up my steamer for the tortillas. Put the meat, peppers and cheese on the tortillas and steam to melt the cheese, then add guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo depending on your taste. Used a ribeye and a chicken breast for the meat. Sometime I want to try shrimp.
    Next time, give us a heads up! :bat:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Well, at least I gave ya the recipe... that's the next best thing! :): Honestly, I was amazed that I could remember the recipe after 30+years. Of course we made the marinade by the gallons, but I always remembered the ratios.
    I will copy that, thanks. I'm doing BBQ chicken next weekend. And corn, blackbean, and tomato salad. Al Rokers receipe.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Evening guys.

We took the old '67 c10 out for a drive today. Went to Mishawaka and had Portillo's for lunch and then took the long way home.

I wasn't hungry for dinner, but had a roast in the crockpot so hubby had dinner and I had a salad.

Finished one baby afghan for a shower next weekend and just got the yarn out for another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom