submarine toilet story

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’d rather that we lived in a world where people weren’t systematically canceled for the dumb **** they say. Let the market decide if what someone says is worth listening to. I’ve made that choice long ago when I labeled that show a bunch of cackling hens when it first aired.

But we don’t live in that kind of world. So if we have to live in a world of canceling people for any view expressed against an impossible narrative, then enforce it evenly. None of that, “it’s okay if I do it because I’m on ‘the right side of history’” nonsense. Maybe then when enough self righteous idiots get canceled it might occur to them it’s an unsustainable worldview.

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    Ever have the feeling you fell asleep, and woke up on a different planet?

I remember, 5-10 years ago, watching a video that tried to show what it was like for a non-English speaker to hear normal English conversations. It was eye-opening, as you could understand every word and feel the flow of the speech, but the entire conversation was just random words. Little did I know that this is what the world would become, because I feel like that person wouldn't actually be able to define capitalism with 3 dictionaries.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ever have the feeling you fell asleep, and woke up on a different planet?

“Oh, we’re not teaching CRT in schools.”

This is where people like this get their language from. As a fat person, when I work out, it’s not because I hate fat people. I don’t have myself. I want to be around for my family. I want to live a healthier lifestyle.

If the revolution is successful, TPTB in the new order of things won’t give a flying **** about her belief in body positivity. She’s standing in food lines just like everyone else waiting fir her scraps.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I’d rather that we lived in a world where people weren’t systematically canceled for the dumb **** they say. Let the market decide if what someone says is worth listening to. I’ve made that choice long ago when I labeled that show a bunch of cackling hens when it first aired.

But we don’t live in that kind of world. So if we have to live in a world of canceling people for any view expressed against an impossible narrative, then enforce it evenly. None of that, “it’s okay if I do it because I’m on ‘the right side of history’” nonsense. Maybe then when enough self righteous idiots get canceled it might occur to them it’s an unsustainable worldview.
    I think she is a stupid racist.

The 1st Amendment allows stupid racists to think and say what they may.

I realize that her employer is not bound by that, but I don't think they should necessarily punish her.

They are just covering their asses.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think she is a stupid racist.

The 1st Amendment allows stupid racists to think and say what they may.

I realize that her employer is not bound by that, but I don't think they should necessarily punish her.

They are just covering their asses.
    Yeah but you’re talking about the world you want to live in. This is not that world. I think these people need to experience the world they propose in a very real way, which is one of the few ways to de-program them.

This one ain’t gonna do it. ABC is just pretending to be consistent. It’s a two week vacation. If the token “conservative” said the same thing she’d be fired in a very public way.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Transgender woman who also identifies as a WOLF claims she's 'spiritually' an animal - but insists she would not howl or bark at her 'serious job' or in public​

53584877-10459899-Appearing_on_This_Morning_today_Naia_explained_that_by_day_she_w-m-3_1643634974163.jpg

Looks like a store mannequin.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah but you’re talking about the world you want to live in. This is not that workd. I think these people need to experience the world they propose in a very real way, which is one of the few ways to de-program them.

This one ain’t gonna do it. ABC is just pretending to be consistent. It’s a two week vacation. If the token “conservative” said the same thing she’d be fired in a very public way.
    For her to experience that world show would have to be fired.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I love it when bullies get beaten down with their own clubs, even if I disagree with the use of the clubs in general.

Then, she doubles down and steps in deeper, claiming that the holocaust was about ethnicity, not race. Uhmm.... if you ask the real experts on such matters, Anthropologists, they will (or used to) educate you that there is no "race", only various combinations of traits, that are not consistently grouped. They will argue that it is all ethnicity/culture/identity. At least that was their hard position when I got a minor in (cultural) Anthropology.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    yup, I don't think it should have mattered.

But, since she is one calling for this stuff, they by her own words let her be da**ed.
    Yep.

Gad Saas probably has the right perspective, except that there is less potential to drive out the wokeness. A lot of people have been red-pilled, not by having experienced how a free society handles that, but by having experienced their own prescription for the world in a real way. See what she thinks about wokeness when it tears her celebrity from her. Cancel her as hard as she wants Rogan canceled.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yep.

Gad Saas probably has the right perspective, except that there is less potential to drive out the wokeness. A lot of people have been red-pilled, not by having experienced how a free society handles that, but by having experienced their own prescription for the world in a real way. See what she thinks about wokeness when it tears her celebrity from her. Cancel her as hard as she wants Rogan canceled.
    I don't think some will understand.
    THEY should be able to say whatever they want.
    OTHERS can't.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For her to experience that world show would have to be fired.
    She would expect no less of someone she disagrees with politically.

I would much prefer a live and let live approach. Don’t even suspend her. Let people use their free speech to handle it. mock and deride her for saying stupid ****. Turn the channel if you don’t like her.

But we can’t have nice things. People like her would just as soon cancel people for having “wrong” opinions. So she should feel the ugly consequences of that world view in the realest way. Fired. Canceled. Career gone. I mean like full on Gena Carano gone.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think some will understand.
    THEY should be able to say whatever they want.
    OTHERS can't.
    Yeah, Robespierre couldn't imagine his own head might be on the block until it happened

They always think the mob won't turn on them. It isn't whether you're a revolutionary, it is whether you're revolutionary enough and that line keeps moving

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think the unkindest cut of all would be to simply stop referring to her using her appropriated name. She is from this point forward what she came into this world as, Caryn Johnson.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom