Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thank you sir. Going to be interesting. We had the last 2 built, so knew all the ins and outs. This one will be a learning experience.
    Going to shadow the inspector this week to pick up some knowledge.

I wish you the best in this. I have nothing to offer in the way of advice since I have not bought a house since 1995. Things have changed since then. :)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The Wayback Machine has been set to 1904.

Internet point to whoever remembers which show that machine is from.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m trying to avoid GB right now. I have no wants other than to replace the truck and that might not happen for a bit.

We had plans to sell both of our trucks and get a newer pickup. 1 truck family might have worked.
    Did all the math. Looks like I will limp along another year with the 2 we have.

They want small house mortgage money for the new ones.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Right now, I’m thinking that I’ll try to get another year out of my truck. I can pretty much park it and only use it when I need a truck. Waiting a year gives me more options.

I did go and take a detailed look at that sand colored Tacoma today. Damn, that’s a nice truck. It has a decent bit of bed space but I’d be giving up a bunch with the loss of the F150. It’s essentially a two seater with room for firearms and ammo in the back, which is just how I want the next truck.

I could probably let a chunk of the CZ collection go to pay for some of it, but who wants to do that?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's really hard to look at new vehicles with stickers as high as or higher than the selling price of your first home.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Wayback Machine has been set to 1904.

Internet point to whoever remembers which show that machine is from.

The Wayback machine is regularly referenced in a BMW magazine column by a guy that drives a 2002. Not the year, the model from the early 1970s. There may be references from Garrison Kealer too.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's really hard to look at new vehicles with stickers as high as or higher than the selling price of your first home.

That is really true. Hell, I remember my father complaining about wanting to buy a $6000 Alfa Romeo GTV and the dealer only offering him $1500 on his Córdoba that he had just paid $5000 for.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was hoping to get another 5 to 10 years out of my F150. That would take me to retirement where I’d downsize a bit but it seems that the fabled rust worm has different plans for my truck. If I can get another year out of it by using it sparingly, I may just donate the carcass to medical science. I have a spare 2007 BMW 328ix that I can use as a winter beater which leaves the truck only leaving the driveway for truck like duties.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom