THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning folks. Prepping to remove our step through tub. Going to do everything possible to not do any lifting. Last night was the roughest I’ve had yet with this pain, which the doc warned me it would be after my first adjustment…
    Got to be careful with that. Not just lifting, but lot of twisting of the back, leaning over, etc. Whatever you do, don't try and push through it. Will make it worse, in my experience.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I was very fortunate to have been sent to a physical therapist instead of a surgeon, and a very valuable lesson he taught me was that as guys we often think 'no pain, no gain', but in the world of a hurt back nothing is further from the truth.
    He said think of it like a stop light, green is good, yellow is caution, and don't even go to red.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Anything with JD name on it is stupid expensive to repair.
    They all are now. We just got the combine repair bill (CaseIH) so its ready to go for next year and it was 25K. I didn't think there was all that much wrong with it.

There's a lot less brand loyalty than in generations past. IMO the old loyalty came from one brand or another coming on the farm early on and radically changing things for the better. The changes aren't so radical now, and a lot of it still comes down to service, or financing and marketing. It's not uncommon to see large farmers switch out almost the whole color of their fleet due to a salesman making a deal they can't pass up, and the salesman want the exposure on that high profile farm.

We are yellow (2 shades if you count Deere construction), green, red (again two shades) and blue. No loyalty also has its benefits.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was very fortunate to have been sent to a physical therapist instead of a surgeon, and a very valuable lesson he taught me was that as guys we often think 'no pain, no gain', but in the world of a hurt back nothing is further from the truth.
    He said think of it like a stop light, green is good, yellow is caution, and don't even go to red.
    I’ve been well aware of my limitations for a long time and I don’t let pride get in my way. I’ll stand and watch while others try to show off. Lol. I’m going to be careful. A trip to harbor freight for a couple of their wheel carts is probably in order to move this thing down the hall. I’ll have to call in some people to move it down the steps and outside…

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    They all are now. We just got the combine repair bill (CaseIH) so its ready to go for next year and it was 25K. I didn't think there was all that much wrong with it.

There's a lot less brand loyalty than in generations past. IMO the old loyalty came from one brand or another coming on the farm early on and radically changing things for the better. The changes aren't so radical now, and a lot of it still comes down to service, or financing and marketing. It's not uncommon to see large farmers switch out almost the whole color of their fleet due to a salesman making a deal they can't pass up, and the salesman want the exposure on that high profile farm.

We are yellow (2 shades if you count Deere construction), green, red (again two shades) and blue. No loyalty also has its benefits.

My grandfather didn’t bleed red he bleed flambeau red.

His hair wasn’t grey. It was LC gray.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

I worked the hydraulic repair side for 24 years. We did a lot of repair for JD, Case ect. Farmers would come to us because we knew more than the dealers did and we could save them quite a bit of money. Knowing where to purchase aftermarket American made cylinders saved them money also. Hydraulic Cylinders Incorporated is a great resource to use. If you ever have questions feel free to ask.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    What made him that way?
    Was it really better, or was it the service or relationship?
    When he went into WWII he was a kid working for John Deere. After he got back, they didn't let him come back to work.

He spent the next ~ 30 years as a Case mechanic and then a maintenance supervisor for a large retirement facility. He was a mechanical genius and an encyclopedia of mechanical knowledge. When he moved into that facility at 92, they cleaned out his old machine shop and let him make parts and rebuild old stators for people all across the country. The only person I have seen with superior machining skills is @T-DOGG .

I have often said that his type of person built the post-WWII foundation that America rests upon today (and I mean rests).

Side note: he was also a die hard BMW motorcycle rider. His last bike turned 100,000 miles at age 76 and he hung up his helmet.

He is one of my heros.

Getting dusty in here...need to open a window or something.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I’ve been well aware of my limitations for a long time and I don’t let pride get in my way. I’ll stand and watch while others try to show off. Lol. I’m going to be careful. A trip to harbor freight for a couple of their wheel carts is probably in order to move this thing down the hall. I’ll have to call in some people to move it down the steps and outside…
    I wish I was as smart at your age.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom