Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My Outback is the nicest driving car I've ever owned.

Me too. '21 XT with the turbo. 285 lbs torque out of 2.4 litre 4 cylinder. That's amazing, to me at least. Rides great, runs great, looks ... like a lifted station wagon. And I'm OK with that. I regularly haul fairly heavy loads of paper with it. The CVT is not my favorite, but they seem to have it dialed in pretty good.

Wife drives and loves a Forester. They're both awesome in the winter.

Prior to the Subarus, I drove pickup trucks since 1988. If that tells you how nice they are.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Me too. '21 XT with the turbo. 285 lbs torque out of 2.4 litre 4 cylinder. That's amazing, to me at least. Rides great, runs great, looks ... like a lifted station wagon. And I'm OK with that. I regularly haul fairly heavy loads of paper with it. The CVT is not my favorite, but they seem to have it dialed in pretty good.

Wife drives and loves a Forester. They're both awesome in the winter.

Prior to the Subarus, I drove pickup trucks since 1988. If that tells you how nice they are.

Mine is a non-turbo, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it accelerated and drove, especially considering I was coming out of a Hemi powered Chrysler 300. I wanted better gas mileage and more cargo space. I have no problem recommending a Subaru to anyone and there were multiple people in here who recommended them to me (including BA, God rest his soul).

Fast forward a few years and I find myself wanting more cargo space and being less concerned about gas mileage since I'm driving less nowadays. But when I do drive, I've found the cargo area filling up pretty quickly, especially when I have a day long trip to the range. I don't want to constantly have to shuffle things around to make room for target stands, shooting bags, etc. I just want to "toss" stuff in and go. Same when I leave the range. I've always liked full size trucks but didn't care for the mpg and didn't want to park my car overnight in the driveway instead of the garage. I think I might be ready to make a sacrifice though.

Right now, this is one I might go look at tomorrow and test drive:

https://www.drivekelleychevrolet.com/used-Decatur-2019-Ford-F+150-XLT-1FTEW1EP2KFC30669

1627850143620.png

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Looking for input from those of you that have Subaru's. I'm starting to look at the SUV's that they offer. They all seem to have CVT's which I not 100% sold on. So what do you like/dislike.
    The RAV4 giving up?

(Call me weird but I work on cars and notice what people drive. I'm not a stalker.:shady: )

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Mine is a non-turbo, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it accelerated and drove, especially considering I was coming out of a Hemi powered Chrysler 300. I wanted better gas mileage and more cargo space. I have no problem recommending a Subaru to anyone and there were multiple people in here who recommended them to me (including BA, God rest his soul).

Fast forward a few years and I find myself wanting more cargo space and being less concerned about gas mileage since I'm driving less nowadays. But when I do drive, I've found the cargo area filling up pretty quickly, especially when I have a day long trip to the range. I don't want to constantly have to shuffle things around to make room for target stands, shooting bags, etc. I just want to "toss" stuff in and go. Same when I leave the range. I've always liked full size trucks but didn't care for the mpg and didn't want to park my car overnight in the driveway instead of the garage. I think I might be ready to make a sacrifice though.

https://www.drivekelleychevrolet.com/used-Decatur-2019-Ford-F+150-XLT-1FTEW1EP2KFC30669

View attachment 151018

Nice truck. When I drove trucks, they were Ford trucks.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    No it's running great I'm just starting to get an itch.

I understand that. I am getting that same itch with my Trailblazer. It is a 2008, has only 180K, but I have had it 6 years now. However, I can wait another year or two, I think.

I keep looking at the Toyota 4Runners.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

View attachment 151018

eb2b072e7d6a8829c837f537b0920cbe.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I understand that. I am getting that same itch with my Trailblazer. It is a 2008, has only 180K, but I have had it 6 years now. However, I can wait another year or two, I think.

I keep looking at the Toyota 4Runners.
    My next vehicle will either be a 4runner or if I decided to go small, a Subaru Crosstrek possibly.

That said, I've got a 2007 FJ that I've maintained very well since I bought it in 2014, and I don't really need a new vehicle or a payment.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My next vehicle will either be a 4runner or if I decided to go small, a Subaru Crosstrek possibly.

That said, I've got a 2007 FJ that I've maintained very well since I bought it in 2014, and I don't really need a new vehicle or a payment.
    Can't beat a Toyota, IMHO.

We paid off my wife's Equinox last week, now we have no car payments. Very good feeling so I don't blame you there.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Can't beat a Toyota, IMHO.

We paid off my wife's Equinox last week, now we have no car payments. Very good feeling so I don't blame you there.

I am a Buy ‘meric guy but I have to say that my wives Lexus has been super impressive through 120k miles.

I’d really like a truck or an SUV a little larger than the “Jeep” GC I have now.

But nothing new till all debt is paid. I’ll have to live vicariously through Tdoggs truck purchase.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I want to like Subaru, but the designs just don't do anything for me. The tech, and the reliability appeal to me though.

I love the look of the 4Runners though.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm planning on keeping that truck a long while. The Mrs will likely get a new car once at least one kid is out of daycare and my monthly expense goes down.

I'm eyeballing the Jeep Grand Cherokee...i think they look pretty slick and she gets a discount on Chrysler products

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I want to like Subaru, but the designs just don't do anything for me. The tech, and the reliability appeal to me though.

I love the look of the 4Runners though.
    Yep, liked 4runners for quite some time.

That said, I love the SR5, etc front end, but hate the Limited front end. Looks like a completely different vehicle that the other trim models.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My Mazda CX-5 isn't the best vehicle, but I like it well enough. I absolutely LOVE the heads up display on it, that not many other vehicle makers put into their vehicles. Would love to have a Subaru Outback, but couldn't give up my HUD.

BTW, P10S OR for sale here:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom