The Constitution Was Literally Written By Slaveowners. Why Is America Obsessed With Upholding It?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here's a crazy idea....if you don't like the Constitution, change it. There is a process for that built in. No, I don't mean changing it ad hoc when you can get 5 out of 9 failed lawyers to agree. The built in change process involves action by actual elected representatives of the people.

Here's a little known secret- the Constitution has been changed 27 times. In fact, it was changed to specifically make it illegal to be a slave owner. I KNOW, I was shocked too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think as long as they could get what they wanted at any given time by having liberal judges create it and treating the constitution as a 'living document' meant to be molded to the moment, they saw no need to take the gloves off

Now that pushback has become possible and effective, we see the real progressive agenda on display

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Here's a crazy idea....if you don't like the Constitution, change it. There is a process for that built in. No, I don't mean changing it ad hoc when you can get 5 out of 9 failed lawyers to agree. The built in change process involves action by actual elected representatives of the people.

Here's a little known secret- the Constitution has been changed 27 times. In fact, it was changed to specifically make it illegal to be a slave owner. I KNOW, I was shocked too.
    It's much easier to get 5 of 9 lawyers on board (especially if they're vetted correctly) than it is to sway tens of millions of people in 3/4(?) of the states. Progressives learned that about 100 years ago.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I don't know if I agree, although harmony sounds good. American history is rife with disharmony and discord. Although uncomfortable, it is what makes this country the "experiment" that it is. It is the result of personal freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. When I think of "total agreement", I tend to think of other forms of government, like communism where the jackboots stomp down the people into submission. Even outlandish ideas, like these, make us think about our way of life.

I don't believe our society has ever been in complete harmony, except at Christmas when everyone was drinking Coke...(kidding). I also realize that there is a certain dynamism in our American social evolution. Furthermore I realize that I have become a crabby old man. But at no time in my life, nor in my readings about history have I seen such wanton division of the people being pressed upon the people as there is now.

<Deleted wall of text> Civil War, Revolutionary War, different times, different people, different causes, similar passions.....I get it.

Our consumption of digital media has changed things. In my opinion it has not been for the better. Granted, this is my opinion.

I believe the jackboots are already here. Just because they haven't visited me yet doesn't make be believe they are not coming. Seeing the fires being stoked by any blathering fool with an internet connection concerns me. Right or Left, D or R, LGBT or Q, the platform from which the anger can be spewed and the media that amplifies any extreme opinion to make it seem mainstream is concerning.

The us or them mentality, the with us or against us, the arguing everyone into a corner in an attempt to force someone to support an extremist viewpoint to prove that their opinion is wrong, is entirely unnecessary crap.

That is the evil.

Not that we differ in opinion or background. Not that we have different viewpoints or even outlandish ideas. It is the anger, hostility and indoctrination that is the evil. It is the pride, the personal offense, the remark that should mean nothing to me that riles my anger, that is the evil. It is the group think of the identitarians that is the evil.

It is the sense that everything in my world that I do not care for is a personal attack upon me is the evil.

It is the ability for any individual to claim offense that implies force should be applied to the masses to eliminate the offense that is evil.

I don't recall any of this before 15 years ago or so.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE

But a constitutional Convention takes time, and work. Wouldn't it just be easier to regulate (not even legislate) stuff into existence?

It is probably unfair all them deplorable states in the middle outnumber the coastal states. Aside from that, actually doing something might cost our government bureaucrats jobs.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think as long as they could get what they wanted at any given time by having liberal judges create it and treating the constitution as a 'living document' meant to be molded to the moment, they saw no need to take the gloves off

Now that pushback has become possible and effective, we see the real progressive agenda on display
    Yep. They would rather have liberal judges legislating from the bench than the Constitution. Justice Thomas and the majority put their foot down and said hell no to that nonsense. They took a step with their recent decisions toward the process of reigning in judicial activism and the left doesn't like it one bit,

As an added result they gave a reminder to the liberal dissenting justices along with circuit judges to get back to rendering their opinions based on the historical text and traditions from the Constitution and stop letting personal biases and emotions intervene with that process.

Justice Alito made that perfectly clear with a smackdown of Justice Breyer in his concurring majority opinion in the 2nd Amendment case.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But a constitutional Convention takes time, and work. Wouldn't it just be easier to regulate (not even legislate) stuff into existence?

It is probably unfair all them deplorable states in the middle outnumber the coastal states. Aside from that, actually doing something might cost our government bureaucrats jobs.
    Oh I am sure it would. Term limits would be high on my list of fixing this crap. No more alphabet agency's put in place for the sole purpose of pushing agendas outside the law. Not sure how this could be accomplished but they need to go away.
    Start with the BATF move through the FBI and just keep on slashing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. They would rather have liberal judges legislating from the bench than the Constitution. Justice Thomas and the majority put their foot down and said hell no to that nonsense. They took a step with their recent decisions toward the process of reigning in judicial activism and the left doesn't like it one bit,

As an added result they gave a reminder to the liberal dissenting justices to get back to rendering their opinions based on the historical text and traditions from the Constitution and stop letting personal biases and emotions intervene with that process.

Justice Alito made that perfectly clear with a smackdown of Justice Breyer in his concurring majority opinion in the 2nd Amendment case.
    Thats the lefts main piece in the arsenal.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Oh I am sure it would. Term limits would be high on my list of fixing this crap. No more alphabet agency's put in place for the sole purpose of pushing agendas outside the law. Not sure how this could be accomplished but they need to go away.
    Start with the BATF move through the FBI and just keep on slashing.
    Just a shame we can't get any politicians or presidents to run on that. I sometimes imagine a candidate saying he is cutting all taxes, lower all property taxes, balance the budget no matter how much it hurts and stop spending more than what is being takin it and start paying off the debt. But alas we NEVER get such a person...maybe because neither party wants that guy?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just a shame we can't get any politicians or presidents to run on that. I sometimes imagine a candidate saying he is cutting all taxes, lower all property taxes, balance the budget no matter how much it hurts and stop spending more than what is being takin it and start paying off the debt. But alas we NEVER get such a person...maybe because neither party wants that guy?

Well, no candidate who had a good chance...

paul_iowa_051011.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    There are a vast number of things I believe my nation and culture has done were wrong. The treatment of blacks for medical experiments. The treatment of blacks in WWII and after. Red lining. Women not having the right to vote. Minorities not being given equal pay for the same jobs. Japanese internment camps.

I think they were on to something with that one.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Slavery was not something started with blacks in cotton fields in the southern states of America. Vast areas of the world still have personal ownership of slaves.

In early recorded history, Joseph, son of Jacob, was sold into slavery by his brothers. The early Jewish culture had a time frame to release a slave with a clause that the slave could stay indefinitely if he wanted. In the middle of the 1700's the song "Amazing Grace" was written by a former slave trader.

Even in America, some slaves were whites that had found themselves in deep financial problems. In the early 1900's, "strawboss" types would go to starving places in Europe and recruit boys to come to America and work in the mills and mines. To pay off the passage, they had to live in substandard conditions and labor long hours while the strawbosses pocketed their pay for a number of years. I was raised by a man that got to America that way. That man was more patriotic than 90% of anyone I know. It cost him dearly to get here and he had nothing but appreciation for every opportunity he had once he was done with his indentured servitude.

I have no desire to see slavery as an employment option. I have spent time in large urban areas, working in areas where most do not go. Despite the continual injection of taxpayer money, conditions are harsh, cruel and as violent as even the most dramatic slave movie we have ever seen. Some people will always find a way to be cruel, and some people will never be responsible.

The fact that the left has chosen to make slavery a fetish and emotionally charge the word well past logic and history does not mean we have to over ride logic to accommodate them.
    Was it slavery or indentured servitude?
    I read of indentured servitude and after 7 years they had to set them free unless the servant wanted to stay with the master. If so they drove an awl in their ear.

Back then you didn't barrow money and go bankrupt. You served whomever you owed or another to pay off your debts. You got room and board included for your labor.

GregoryRomeu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2022
    Mishawaka

GregoryRomeu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2022
    Mishawaka
    I may have miss
    Was it slavery or indentured servitude?
    I read of indentured servitude and after 7 years they had to set them free unless the servant wanted to stay with the master. If so they drove an awl in their ear.

Back then you didn't barrow money and go bankrupt. You served whomever you owed or another to pay off your debts. You got room and board included for your labor.
    I may have missed it, but if you dig a little deeper you ay find that it was the Muslims and Blacks that started slavery of WHITES long before the southern cotton fields came bout.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I may have miss

I may have missed it, but if you dig a little deeper you ay find that it was the Muslims and Blacks that started slavery of WHITES long before the southern cotton fields came bout.

Slavery transcends skin color. The practice is as old as human history.

Tribe A conquers tribe B. A takes whatever is left of B. Anything you don’t need is sold off, people, livestock and everything else. The other option was death.

Doesn’t matter what skin color the 2 tribes were, it was the natural conclusion of conquest.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom