The Constitution Was Literally Written By Slaveowners. Why Is America Obsessed With Upholding It?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I didn’t read the article past what was in the preview above so I’m guessing the author would look more fondly on a government/political/economic system best known by its authors and implementers like Marx and Lenin. I’d bet s/he would extend a lot more grace to the famines and mass deaths their systems caused than s/he did our founders.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    The Root is the most racist website I have regularly visited.

A Black friend of mine suggested it a while ago. There have been some good articles from conservative members of the community. There were humorous articles from the minority community that included satire about wypepo that were just hilarious.

Over the last year or so they have been drowned out by the race-baiting inanity of the kind in the linked article and I ceased going there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Root is the most racist website I have regularly visited.

A Black friend of mine suggested it a while ago. There have been some good articles from conservative members of the community. There were humorous articles from the minority community that included satire about wypepo that were just hilarious.

Over the last year or so they have been drowned out by the race-baiting inanity of the kind in the linked article and I ceased going there.
    I remember a time when we could (in good humor) make fun of each other without the hate. It has fed upon itself and grown beyond rational sense.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I remember a time when we could (in good humor) make fun of each other without the hate. It has fed upon itself and grown beyond rational sense.
    I agree. It is a true shame upon our society that we have fallen away from our achievements and ability to get along.

I don't know why, or from who, or to what aim, but it has been stoked and it continues to be stoked, everyday by nearly every media content provider I see.

For civil unrest? To secure power for the Democrats? For marketing share? For Marxist/Globalist takeover? For the destruction of America?

For whatever reason you choose to believe, at the core of it all is dis-unity and discord. These are the trademarks and signs of evil.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Slavery was not something started with blacks in cotton fields in the southern states of America. Vast areas of the world still have personal ownership of slaves.

In early recorded history, Joseph, son of Jacob, was sold into slavery by his brothers. The early Jewish culture had a time frame to release a slave with a clause that the slave could stay indefinitely if he wanted. In the middle of the 1700's the song "Amazing Grace" was written by a former slave trader.

Even in America, some slaves were whites that had found themselves in deep financial problems. In the early 1900's, "strawboss" types would go to starving places in Europe and recruit boys to come to America and work in the mills and mines. To pay off the passage, they had to live in substandard conditions and labor long hours while the strawbosses pocketed their pay for a number of years. I was raised by a man that got to America that way. That man was more patriotic than 90% of anyone I know. It cost him dearly to get here and he had nothing but appreciation for every opportunity he had once he was done with his indentured servitude.

I have no desire to see slavery as an employment option. I have spent time in large urban areas, working in areas where most do not go. Despite the continual injection of taxpayer money, conditions are harsh, cruel and as violent as even the most dramatic slave movie we have ever seen. Some people will always find a way to be cruel, and some people will never be responsible.

The fact that the left has chosen to make slavery a fetish and emotionally charge the word well past logic and history does not mean we have to over ride logic to accommodate them.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What amazes me is the concept that an awful person cannot EVER be right; not at any point or for any reason. (not saying that is actually the case here) I guess its the root of cancel culture.

For example, there are folks that would fight to deny the statement "The grass is green" simply because some guy named Hitler said it. As awful as he was, there is no way he could EVER be correct, right? :facepalm:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Slavery was not something started with blacks in cotton fields in the southern states of America. Vast areas of the world still have personal ownership of slaves.

In early recorded history, Joseph, son of Jacob, was sold into slavery by his brothers. The early Jewish culture had a time frame to release a slave with a clause that the slave could stay indefinitely if he wanted. In the middle of the 1700's the song "Amazing Grace" was written by a former slave trader.

Even in America, some slaves were whites that had found themselves in deep financial problems. In the early 1900's, "strawboss" types would go to starving places in Europe and recruit boys to come to America and work in the mills and mines. To pay off the passage, they had to live in substandard conditions and labor long hours while the strawbosses pocketed their pay for a number of years. I was raised by a man that got to America that way. That man was more patriotic than 90% of anyone I know. It cost him dearly to get here and he had nothing but appreciation for every opportunity he had once he was done with his indentured servitude.

I have no desire to see slavery as an employment option. I have spent time in large urban areas, working in areas where most do not go. Despite the continual injection of taxpayer money, conditions are harsh, cruel and as violent as even the most dramatic slave movie we have ever seen. Some people will always find a way to be cruel, and some people will never be responsible.

The fact that the left has chosen to make slavery a fetish and emotionally charge the word well past logic and history does not mean we have to over ride logic to accommodate them.
    Joseph wasn’t sold by his brothers. His brothers wanted to kill him but the older said no. Put him in that hole to die. He said this to come back and get him later. But when he did a ban of men traveling found him. Took him and sold him. Doesn’t take away from what your talking about. I just got a thing in my crawl when Bible verses aren’t accurately used. Peace.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Joseph wasn’t sold by his brothers. His brothers wanted to kill him but the older said no. Put him in that hole to die. He said this to come back and get him later. But when he did a ban of men traveling found him. Took him and sold him. Doesn’t take away from what your talking about. I just got a thing in my crawl when Bible verses aren’t accurately used. Peace.
    I just double checked in case my memory was flawed.

Genesis 37:26-28 "Judah said to his brothers, 'What will we gain if we kill our brother and cover up his blood? Come. let's sell him to the Ishmaelites and not lay our hands on him; after all he is our brother, our own flesh and blood" His brothers agreed.
    So when the Midianite merchants came by, his brothers pulled Joseph up out of the cistern, and sold him for twenty shekels of silver to the Ishmanelites, who took him to Egypt."

And yes, The eldest brother, Reuben, was against killing him in vs 22, and was upset the others sold him in verse 29

It is always profitable to double check. Thanks.

Last edited:

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    You know, we’re here on vacation at Wisconsin Dells.

Every server, everyone working a register or kiosk, everyone running rides etc all all foreigners.

Cheap labor.

All that said, I make it a point to tell each one of them thank you as they serve us.

Sounds weird when you say it that way, but for all the history of the world, there has been a servant class waiting on those that are in a higher income bracket.

Slavery is the lowest cost form of cheap labor.

I’m sure some didn’t care, some felt justified or even morally superior, but most didn’t think slavery was wrong.

Slavery or a servant class has always been around.

And will always be around. (I think A.I., robots, and automation can do all this one day… maybe in the next Life).

But only in America can someone start in the serving class and end up running a business serving others for extreme profit.

My first job was tending the register at Burger King. Now I serve insurance agents with a software that helps them immensely and they pay handsomely for it.

But, there will always be those that don’t have the skill set, attitude, and/or gumption to move up.

Either way, I was teaching my kids to always be kind and thankful to those that serve us.

That sounded weird when I said it out loud to them, and it sounds weird typing it out now.

But it is what it is.

So, throw off the shackles of entitlement and tip 20%+, smile at and thank your servers, be polite, and don’t treat them worse than your potential slave owning predecessors possibly did.

And thank the Lord that our slave owning Founding Fathers planted the seeds of freedom for all Americans in our founding documents.

Lest we forget, we are still the only country on earth that fought a Civil War to free the servant class.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Yes many of the founders were slave owners. But many were not and made it known to all. And the ones who were slave owners, many of them if not all saw the injustice of it. George Carlin had a good laugh about this about white slave owners who wanted to be free. They actually wrote the Constitution in hopes of getting slavery stopped. In fact many like George Washington stopped the spread of slavery to more states and into Canada if I remember correctly. However George was a slave owner how come he didn't free his slaves? I have looked at this and done some studies. Lets go back into time...imagine being born to democrat liberals that were full on pro-choice lets kill babies all day parents....its a wonder you were born right? But there you are being raised by bat**** crazy parents....how do you think you would of turned out?

Now lets look at George Washington. He was born to parents that owned many slaves, so probably grew up thinking nothing wrong with it. When he was 10 years old his Dad died and he inherited 100 slaves.....a slave owner at age 10.....imagine. Yet we learn that as he grew, and from his many writings, he was against slavery, and as stated showed how he stopped the spread. So why not free them, after all he was a very rich man and had also married a even richer woman. Well it so happens that even back then seemed about half the country was against slavery and wanted it outlawed. (sounds like the abortion issue). The state George lived had decided that the abolitionist movement was such a threat they made state law that it was against the law to free slaves! So under the law George couldn't free them....you could only sell them, or free them at the time of your death in a will. George refused to sell them as they were families, and selling them would separate children and spouses from each other. George in his will had his slaves freed (his wife did not do this) the older slaves could stay and his rich family was to take care of them for their service for the rest of their lives. The younger slaves were to be given aid to learn a trade to make a living, the rest were free. This was George Washington. Too bad none of my History teachers thought to tell or teach this.

I think the forefathers did the best they could, the Constitution as Glen Beck once said...."is a miracle from God". I would tend to agree.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I can see their actions from their point of view. Unless they all gave up their slaves all at once, giving them up individually would put you at a competitive disadvantage.

As far as that article, I'm not taking advice from people who don't do their homework, and only work off the cliff notes version of American history from a Marxist perspective.

Oh, no wonder... just noticed the family of websites this belongs to. Makes sense now...

1656508429379.png

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I just double checked in case my memory was flawed.

Genesis 37:26-28 "Judah said to his brothers, 'What will we gain if we kill our brother and cover up his blood? Come. let's sell him to the Ishmaelites and not lay our hands on him; after all he is our brother, our own flesh and blood" His brothers agreed.
    So when the Midianite merchants came by, his brothers pulled Joseph up out of the cistern, and sold him for twenty shekels of silver to the Ishmanelites, who took him to Egypt."

And yes, The eldest brother, Reuben, was against killing him in vs 22, and was upset the others sold him in verse 29

It is always profitable to double check. Thanks.
    I stand corrected, thank you. I knew the eldest Reuben plan was to get him, but he was gone when he returned. They did in fact sell him directly themselves. But looking at it again I wonder if I read it as they wanted to sell him to the Ishmaelites that they saw coming....BUT the Midianties came by the pit and they sold him to the Ishmalites. The KJV is worded in another way and sounds like what I just said.
    And they took him, and cast him into a pit: and the pit was empty, there was no water in it.

25 And they sat down to eat bread: and they lifted up their eyes and looked, and, behold, a company of Ishmeelites came from Gilead with their camels bearing spicery and balm and myrrh, going to carry it down to Egypt.

26 And Judah said unto his brethren, What profit is it if we slay our brother, and conceal his blood?

27 Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brethren were content.

28 Then there passed by Midianites merchantmen; and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt.

29 And Reuben returned unto the pit; and, behold, Joseph was not in the pit; and he rent his clothes.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I agree. It is a true shame upon our society that we have fallen away from our achievements and ability to get along.

I don't know why, or from who, or to what aim, but it has been stoked and it continues to be stoked, everyday by nearly every media content provider I see.

For civil unrest? To secure power for the Democrats? For marketing share? For Marxist/Globalist takeover? For the destruction of America?

For whatever reason you choose to believe, at the core of it all is dis-unity and discord. These are the trademarks and signs of evil.
    I don't know if I agree, although harmony sounds good. American history is rife with disharmony and discord. Although uncomfortable, it is what makes this country the "experiment" that it is. It is the result of personal freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. When I think of "total agreement", I tend to think of other forms of government, like communism where the jackboots stomp down the people into submission. Even outlandish ideas, like these, make us think about our way of life.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If we are being picky can you explain how it affects your “crawl”? It usually just sticks in my craw…. LOL

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like someone is trying to cancel the founding fathers and the document that they enacted. I would just like to ask them to tell me what other document in any other country provides the same protections as our Constitution?

Top Bottom