The Constitution Was Literally Written By Slaveowners. Why Is America Obsessed With Upholding It?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Last week, the Supreme Court eviscerated a woman’s right to abortion, undermined Miranda rights, expanded gun rights and allowed border patrol agents to operate with even further impunity. Today, it ruled that a former Washington state high school football coach can pray on the field immediately after games—regardless of the religious backgrounds of the students.

The mostly conservative justices are using the Constitution as a smoke screen for their rulings — which will continue to demolish even more human rights. The governing document was constructed during the Constitutional Convention that occurred in Philadelphia from May 5, 1787 to September 17, 1787.

The primary authors consisted of: John Adams, Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison. The last two men on that list owned slaves. How can this set of laws still guide a nation when it was concocted by white men who looked at Black people as property and not as human?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    86   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To judge people who lived hundreds of years ago by the standards of today is absurd. I am quite certain that many of the signers of the Constitution also "abused" their children by using or being willing to use corporal punishment. They may not have done what is considered today best for their animals.

Mother Theresa never worked to help a single person out of poverty. Her only concern was in saving their souls. Leave it to Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, the Koch brothers, and George Soros to actually create jobs and put food on their employees tables.

Oscar Schindler would regularly take advantage of women. He was corrupt and used a corrupt system. Heaven forbid he be given any credit for saving lives.

There isn't a human being, alive or dead, that didn't have both Dr. Jekyll AND Mr. Hyde both living inside of them. We are all guilty of many sins. That does not necessarily disqualify our good works.

That Thomas Jefferson freed all of his slaves upon his death will be dismissed by many, yet he was one of the few who did it. Jefferson himself seems to have struggled with the how to abolish slavery. However, he was pragmatic. He knew direct abolition wouldn't work without suffering dire consequences, so privately with other influential people he spoke against it. He understood his limits. Heaven Forbid...

There are a vast number of things I believe my nation and culture has done were wrong. The treatment of blacks for medical experiments. The treatment of blacks in WWII and after. Red lining. Women not having the right to vote. Minorities not being given equal pay for the same jobs. Japanese internment camps.

Yet I am not upset. I am proud that my nation and culture has acknowledged these wrongs and HAS worked to correct them!:patriot:

That our founding fathers had flaws is not what makes them great. They are made great by moving beyond their flaws and creating the greatest, most egalitarian system ever to exist on planet earth! They thought deeply and philosophically about creating a new nation, governed by the people and for the people, not by kings and rulers.

God bless them all!

Regards,

Doug

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm surprised anyone is shocked.

Revisionist history is everywhere, like the 3/5ths compromise and what it was for and who actually forced slaves to be counted as less of a person.

History is full of a lot of power struggles, and often it has nothing to do with how people look back on it today.

But one fact remains. The founders created a constitution and a governmental system that has outlived every government in the world and has produced the strongest economy and military the world has ever seen. They were smarter people than anyone today.

Top Bottom