• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Costco may be discontinuing Bud Light sales. No announcement from Costco but they have an asterisk on shelf price card that has been used to denote discontinued items in the past.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/finance/news/costco-just-planted-death-star-133000145.html
    Quote from article...
    "Now the star is being spotted over cans of Bud Light. “Is it just me…Or am I the only one who noticed that Costco has applied their infamous 'Star of Death' on Bud Light being sold!” said one Twitter user.

Shoppers believe it means the Bud Light cans could soon be taken off Costco’s shelves."

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “One reason boycotts fail is that major institutions generally avoid taking stances that are guaranteed to make a lot of people very mad. Yet, Twitter Brain convinced a lot of corporate bosses that controversial progressive views were actually quite mainstream. This might explain why Bud Light tried to partner with a trans influencer even though its customer demographic is roughly the opposite of Mulvaney’s “wacky Audrey Hepburn” persona — and triggered a strong enough emotional response to sustain at least three months of boycott.”

The media, social media, and probably their college indoctrinated kids have skewed the worldview of those in the C-suite bubble into believing that that the bud light trans deal was purely mainstream.

Then in the perfect storm, the negative comments of the marketing people about their customers come to light after the out of touch partnership with not just a trans, a guy that claims to be a little girl, a product that is highly competitive and options are readily available, a public getting fed up with how far this is going after years of trying to get along.

Also, do not discount the effect of Musk owning Twitter, most of the tweets posted on this topic wouldn’t have ever been out there under the old regime.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I mean I’m starting to see a chink in the armor perhaps. I think people care more about appearing to be participating in the boycott but succumbing to the financial practicalities. I saw some dudes carrying out several six packs of budd light in stroh’s containers. As soon as they got outside there was another dude with a cooler. They packed them in tight and went on their way. That sale price is just too tempting to pass up I guess.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I mean I’m starting to see a chink in the armor perhaps. I think people care more about appearing to be participating in the boycott but succumbing to the financial practicalities. I saw some dudes carrying out several six packs of budd light in stroh’s containers. As soon as they got outside there was another dude with a cooler. They packed them in tight and went on their way. That sale price is just too tempting to pass up I guess.
    But it can only be cheap for a very limited time.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0