• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I have been pissed and stopped buying anything Anheuser-Busch since 2008, when the multinational holding company came in took it over in a hostile takeover.

What have they done? They have destroyed and whittled down an American Institution. They destroyed a Family-owned business.
    They stopped sponsoring a lot of racing events. (And other similar things). Bud sponsorship was an Institution in motorsports..
    They shut down the company owned railroad in St Louis.
    They cheapened the products.

I remember when Bud had advertising campaigns that were just plain GOLD. Just plain good ideas.
    The frogs
    The wassup
    The pengiuns
    Clydesdale Football
    etc

Now? Some of the most short-sighted marketing decisions known to man..

Yes my how things change..

Screw InBev, buy Yeungling!
    True

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And while calls to steer clear of Bud Light are apparently working and having a "shocking" impact on the product's sales, the beer is only one of dozens of drinks and brands owned by Anheuser-Busch. For those who've been boycotting Bud Light, they may have unintentionally still been handing money to its parent company through one of these other products. If you're one of the apparently numerous Americans putting Bud Light on your do not buy list, there are a lot more Anheuser-Busch brands to add.

In addition to Bud Light and Budweiser offerings, Anheuser-Busch owns Kona Brewing Co., Michelob Ultra, Stella Artois, Estrella Jalisco, Busch, Natural Light, Landshark Lager, Presidente, Hoegaarden, Shock Top, Bass Pale Ale, Beck's, and Boddington's Pub Ale. If you've bought those beers, you've supported Bud Light's parent company. But Anheuser-Busch's reach doesn't end there.

The company's "Beyond Beer roster includes hard seltzers, canned wines, canned cocktails, and more," according to its "family of brands" list. BABE Rosé and canned wines are also owned by Anheuser-Busch, as are Cutwater Spirits canned cocktails, Hiball energy drinks, NUTRL vodka seltzers, Bon Viv spiked seltzers, Boxology wine margaritas, and RITAS sparkling margaritas. Again, if you've bought those drinks, you've supported Bud Light's parent company.

Here is the main national competition to AB InBev…

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here another classic set.

Damn I miss the REAL Anheuser-Busch.. the pre 2008 one. I was a huge Anheuser-Busch fan back then, Really PISSED me off when it was hostile taken over.

Did a brewer tour back in the early 2000s. It used to be St Louis brewed Budweiser on draft was a really -good- beer. Tasted some on the tour, and I said.. well this doesn't taste like what we had in Indiana. Apparently our Bud came from Columbus Ohio on the north side, and they were not as picky about it. I remember getting given a Anheuser-Busch shirt. They were giving out shirts and I asked if they had any extra polos like the staff wore..said I would buy it, gave it to me anyway. I wore it at work and no one was ever the wiser as the AB logo was fairly small. I loved that, wore it out.. loved being able to wear a beer shirt at work. The tours were FREE back then, now.. holy CRAP they charge for them??!?!?! what the heck.

Currently in 2023 they are trying to push the Busch brand more, I guess they figure its not tainted by the Bud Light scandal. But they introduced Busch Peach. What idiot came up with THAT.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Here is the main national competition to AB InBev…

I guess that, except for Modelo Negra, I've been boycotting this conglomerate as well. Who knew!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And while calls to steer clear of Bud Light are apparently working and having a "shocking" impact on the product's sales, the beer is only one of dozens of drinks and brands owned by Anheuser-Busch. For those who've been boycotting Bud Light, they may have unintentionally still been handing money to its parent company through one of these other products. If you're one of the apparently numerous Americans putting Bud Light on your do not buy list, there are a lot more Anheuser-Busch brands to add.

In addition to Bud Light and Budweiser offerings, Anheuser-Busch owns Kona Brewing Co., Michelob Ultra, Stella Artois, Estrella Jalisco, Busch, Natural Light, Landshark Lager, Presidente, Hoegaarden, Shock Top, Bass Pale Ale, Beck's, and Boddington's Pub Ale. If you've bought those beers, you've supported Bud Light's parent company. But Anheuser-Busch's reach doesn't end there.

The company's "Beyond Beer roster includes hard seltzers, canned wines, canned cocktails, and more," according to its "family of brands" list. BABE Rosé and canned wines are also owned by Anheuser-Busch, as are Cutwater Spirits canned cocktails, Hiball energy drinks, NUTRL vodka seltzers, Bon Viv spiked seltzers, Boxology wine margaritas, and RITAS sparkling margaritas. Again, if you've bought those drinks, you've supported Bud Light's parent company.

I can assure you that I have not purchased any of their products. :):

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Reports coming in that the Clydesdales may be sent to the glue factory due to the lack of financing to feed them.
    That seems about the only thing they kept, if only because they charge 30 bucks a head to just go in the stable at St Louis and see them.

The whole damn tour used to be free, You would see EVERYTHING.. inside the bottling, inside the brewery, inside the stables.. heck they even said I could go down and look at the railroad shops and see the locomotives FOR FREE. All that stuff would cost a total of $100 now.. and you can't go see the trains anymore at all.

InBev SUCKS... I miss the pre 08 A-B

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That seems about the only thing they kept, if only because they charge 30 bucks a head to just go in the stable at St Louis and see them.

The whole damn tour used to be free, You would see EVERYTHING.. inside the bottling, inside the brewery, inside the stables.. heck they even said I could go down and look at the railroad shops and see the locomotives FOR FREE. All that stuff would cost a total of $100 now.. and you can't go see the trains anymore at all.

InBev SUCKS... I miss the pre 08 A-B

I had no idea they charged now. I haven't been in over 20 years, but it was definitely free (and interesting) when I went.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They not only charge, but charge different prices for parts of the whole tour you used to get for free.
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom