• Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Wow, some of these made me laugh
    but some made me kind of sick.

I'm right there with you. You KNOW when that girl was firing the AK, people were running all over and ducking for cover. JEEZ that coulda gone south easily.

At 4:38 the police one did they shoot the girl on the ground or something? didnt understand that one

The lady cop had bad trigger discipline, and as she was pointing the gun down, she accidentally fired one off right next to the guy's head. Note how she holsters right away. It was a bad screw up.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    GREAT POST!!

As a shooting club President, I've got to say that videos like this make me really frustrated, because they glamorize people being unsafe. While I know that most shooters will get a hearty chuckle and realize that the video doesn't portray the type of behavior required when handling a firearm, I'm always concerned that people who are new to firearms or people who dislike firearms will see this type of video and be turned off because "that's what gun people are like", a bunch of dumba**es that nearly get themselves killed.

I also think that gun owners do ourselves a huge disservice when we hand a rookie shooter a powerful firearm, only to see them get bruised or bloodied from the recoil. To me, that's like putting a 16 year old kid without training on a Hayabusa to see if they crash.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and to me it is absolutely classless and unsafe to hand a new shooter a firearm that you know they don't know how to operate. The reality is, most gun owners are responsible, hard working people that are trying to pass along their hobby and their heritage to the next generation. I just hope that when INGO folks see stuff like this, that they work that much harder to ensure the next generation of gun owners doesn't learn any of lessons in this video the hard way.

Rep. to you=My thoughts also..Bill

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    As a shooting club President, I've got to say that videos like this make me really frustrated, because they glamorize people being unsafe.

Perhaps we're viewing it differently. I don't see any glamorization. It seems to me, rather, that they're making fun of idiots -- something I heartily encourage. The more people who look like fools for doing foolish things, the fewer people will want to emulate their idiocy.

Mind you, that doesn't hold true for the guys in the sound booth. That was... well, stupid. And *that* one I can see as glamorizing "being goofy for giggles."

But all those earlier ones? No -- people making mistakes and hopefully learning something from their ouchies.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    best part is where the insurgent is firing off mortars and saying allah akbar and boom cooks one off in the cannon lol.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps we're viewing it differently. I don't see any glamorization. It seems to me, rather, that they're making fun of idiots -- something I heartily encourage. The more people who look like fools for doing foolish things, the fewer people will want to emulate their idiocy.

Mind you, that doesn't hold true for the guys in the sound booth. That was... well, stupid. And *that* one I can see as glamorizing "being goofy for giggles."

But all those earlier ones? No -- people making mistakes and hopefully learning something from their ouchies.

"Glamorize" may not be the best choice of words. I'm concerned of the "Jerry Springer Factor" of people emulating what they see on tv or youtube; it isn't necessarily due to people trying to be famous, but perhaps just screwing around or trying to emulate what they've seen in this video.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That morons in that clip kinda of pizzed me off actually; what, with all the massive amounts of lack of responsibility, stupidity, etc.... I mean, did you see the one where the little toddler got the handgun and fired it?! The parent or gaurdian should be flogged in public for that one..:xmad:

Stupid is, as stupid does......

Is that the one where the toddler shot the guy in the belly that handed it to him? I think he was punished enough for handing a toddler a loaded handgun.

At 8:00 is that some badass gun or are these guys just idiots?

If you're talking about the guys in the white smocks, they're firing the .577 T-Rex. From what I have read, it is a REAL monster to shoot and most people never fire it more than once.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The one that wasn't funny was when the little boy shot dad in the left side with a pistol at the party! Probably killed him!

The rest was hilarious...even though I've seen this video clip before, it's still funny!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    LAPG%20GUN%20REST
    http://failposters.com/uploads/saved_posters/fail-poster-eaqbvapvyr-LAPG-GUN-REST.jpg[/IMG]
    why is this on the first page of "gun fails" on google?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The rifle at the end of the video that is beating everyone up is a 700 Nitro Express, I'm pretty sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BYnG4vrb-U

I used to be frequent that site a few years ago. It's the .577. T-Rex. The guy that handled the recoil is named Klaus, and HE fired the .700 Nitro Express, if I recall correctly.

They used to call the .577 the Flying Rifle for obvious reasons, and they almost always laughed at people firing it. How could you NOT laugh? That **** is funny!

The site I think was accuratereloading.com.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The one that wasn't funny was when the little boy shot dad in the left side with a pistol at the party! Probably killed him!

The rest was hilarious...even though I've seen this video clip before, it's still funny!

As I recall, he did die.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    "Glamorize" may not be the best choice of words. I'm concerned of the "Jerry Springer Factor" of people emulating what they see on tv or youtube; it isn't necessarily due to people trying to be famous, but perhaps just screwing around or trying to emulate what they've seen in this video.

That I can understand, and I see your point. There were enough things on that vid that I can see morons trying to get even stupider friends to do for their own jollies.

To US, those things are all cautionary tales, but to others, they can be the seed of an idea for "a cool joke."

I think I agree with you, now. :)

Tony

Top Bottom