Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The entertainment value is great!
    1. People watching. The crowds are definitely different than a few years ago.
    2. The stories you over hear, both cringy and oh, I didn't know that.
    3. Fondle, fondle fondle! Pick a toy up, fondle it. Then speak of the merits or demerits of the toy.
    4. Capitalism on full display! Sellers pushing, buyers balking, negotiating over 50 cents.

I've gone to at least 2 shows for 13 years. It's definitely change during that time frame. Vendors selling non gun related items but years ago you didn't see people selling plate carriers either. Yes, parking and entrance fees are up. Yet I spent $20.00 bucks for lunch 3 days and I don't remember what I ate.

I like guns and gun people and I enjoy the 3 or 4 hours I spend with them at the 1500.
    Now that’s how you do a first post! Welcome to INGO. Click forums then introductions and greetings, start an introduction post and introduce yourself to the group. Good bunch around here,

Megasaki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 1, 2020
    Bloomington
    If you are into modern guns,,ie M4 clones and pink 10/22's then yes.
    If you like WW2 or earlier military firearms,,,NO.
    Years ago, it used to be 60/40 , Military/ civilian. Now not a matching K98 or Radom to be had.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I quit going when they started charging for parking. Pay for parking and pay to get in... I'd better find a deal. I can't imagine today's prices ahead of election years to boot.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I try to attend every 1500 that I can. Here are some of the reasons I like to go

1) Seeing and talking to people that I know
    2) meeting new people
    3) South bend chocolate company
    4) checking out all sorts of cool guns, steel targets, ammo, and other merchandise
    5) triple xxx on the way home

I collect old police-marked firearms. There are usually a few down there. At the last show I bought a 3rd gen Smith that was issued to the Chicago Police Dept. I never know what a vendor will have or what a private seller will bring in. I'm always excited

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    I went back in 2017 and my second/last visit was the Jan2022 show on a Saturday… the show has declined in my opinion. No deals.
    It’s hard to pay all the fees to get in and then pay MSRP….’come on, man!’

Couple trends I noticed….old lever guns were sky high price wise and were not in pristine shape.
    Quality military surplus, under $1k is nonexistent at the shows.
    High quality AR (Geissele, LMT, Radian,…) components were lacking. Mostly same Chinese stuff I saw in 2017, could have been same inventory.
    There were a couple vendors that had fair market/online prices and were busy which was a good sign.

Just my lowly observations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    If you are looking for hard to find parts or specialty ammo. Good entertainment. Lots of older gentlemen you can get some good knowledge from.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I like going for the gun culture, seeing/handling a bunch of guns easily, people watching and picking up swag. As for deals, they are few and far between.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to enjoy going, but National Gun Day in Louisville ruined it for me when I went a few years ago. But even NGD has gone down hill since then. I've gone a few times since then (to the 1500) just for something to do, but I've usually been disappointed. I don't think I've gone at all since all the Covid crap started, even though they've stopped with the mask nonsense.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    If I'm looking for a variety of things I'll price check online and then take a list to the 1500. The cost of getting in offsets the cost of shipping and putting my credit card on multiple websites and trusting my chosen items to the shipping gamble. Finding cool/cheap stuff has become really hard anymore.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    I've been going to this show since the 90s and yes, it has changed a lot.
    I haven't gotten a good gun deal there for >5 years now as everyone seems to be REALLY proud of what they have to sell.
    I go and will continue to go as it shows solidarity to the gun community and I have had some really good conversations with veteran members as well as many with new members to the gun community. I've met a lot of people who are new and don't quite know what to do or what to get and sometimes it's helpful to be a non-vendor to be able to sort of "show them the ropes" of a gun show so they don't get a bad deal. Not knocking any vendors out there, but I think we all know what I'm talking about.

I get some good ammo deals for my WW2 guns most times, so that's a good thing. And it's nice to keep up existing relationships with vendors I've known for a while. It's always good to be able to say "I gotta guy"

If anyone has info on shows that cater more toward older guns (WW2 and up), I'd be excited to try those as well.

So, I'll keep on going because it's less about buying a gun for me (although if I had a ton of cash, I'd do that too ! ).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If anyone has info on shows that cater more toward older guns (WW2 and up), I'd be excited to try those as well.
    There's a show in Tipton this coming weekend that is supposed to be really good for older stuff. I'm hoping to go myself as long as the roads are in good shape by then. It's at the Tipton fairgrounds.

Top Bottom