• ...and so much more!
  • Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I have not been in almost 10 years. But never purchased anything but Ammo cans or hard to find over priced HK mags. That said really enjoy walking around and people watch, Gun watch or look at some of the crazy stuff they have!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have not been in almost 10 years. But never purchased anything but Ammo cans or hard to find over priced HK mags. That said really enjoy walking around and people watch, Gun watch or look at some of the crazy stuff they have!
    For people watching and the "full gun show experience" you have to go to a 1500. SPAM Can Mom? The cast of The Hills Have Eyes? The extras from The Walking Dead? Dude wearing a gas mask? Other dude wearing a gas mask? 1911 lanyard carry dude? The Man from Glad? Only at the 1500.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I think 2010 was the last Indy show I was at. Prior to that I had been a once or twice a year attendee for a number of years. I mainly went for the ammo deals and picking up accessories I couldn't find at the Michigan gun shows. So, for me the nearly 400-mile round trip was worth it, besides I would stop and see relatives who lived in Peru.
    I've been thinking about venturing down to the show again but with what I've been reading about the construction in the area and the parking I don't want to end up in an area that is questionable. Before I'd park in the lot across the street, don't know if that is still there.

KomradeEli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Castleton (NE Indy)
    I bought my only handgun there in like 2017, but haven’t been back in a while. I plan to go to the next one just to buy ammo. I hope to find a deal on a decent amount since I haven’t had any non-carry ammo in a while.

KomradeEli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Castleton (NE Indy)
    I bought my only handgun there in like 2017, but haven’t been back in a while. I plan to go to the next one just to buy ammo. I hope to find a deal on a decent amount since I haven’t had any non-carry ammo in a while.
    I know I’m replying to my last post, but can anyone tell me if it’s a good idea to go to look for ammo there still? I kinda fear I’m gonna end up waiting for it and just be disappointed anyways lol

IndianaTim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    I had to give up the idea of it being a buyer's market a long time ago. I have to think of it as a hobby store... I really enjoy looking at all the stuff I like but I don't expect to walk out with anything.

I used to have a table at every show for a span of years. I met a lot of great people that I looked forward to seeing at the next show. I thought my prices were fair but I never made a ton of money doing it. When my sources began to dry up, I stopped going. I've gone back only a few times in the last few years.

It's still cheaper than taking my date to the movies, and a lot more interesting.
    Your first paragraph is exactly how I feel. It is a great experience even if I don’t find anything to spend my money on.

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I haven't been to the 1500 in years. I used to never miss one but after a while it just became the same thing all the time and everything is marked up very high and nothing ever new. Has that changed? Thoughts and opinions on your 1500 experiences.
    Was there today, on a military base, this is 3rd time I attend them, honestly, does not worth it at this point, dudes trying to get as much cash as possible and trying to sell 30+ year old guns for 800$, like come on man

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I remember going and finding a lot of guns that you didn't see anywhere else. Now it seems as tho those items are no longer showing up there and 35% of the tables are black rifles.
    I don't remember the last time I saw a Remington 600 or 660, a Winchester 88 or 100, or a 30-40 Krag at the 1500.
    I'm liking the shows outside Indy much more lately.
    Exactly, just came from there a couple of hours ago and guns were like only 15-20% of all stuff presented, at one point lady asked me if I own a house and would like to check their roof leaf cleaner, like what? Another dude was trying to sell me peanut butter of all kinds you can even imagine, I'm not sure if I came to the real show

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was there today,
    Well if you were there today, no. You were not at the 1500.
    What @Angrysauce said, that was not the Indy 1500. You were at the regular gun show at Stout Field (Indiana National Guard HQ) at Holt and Morris Streets south of I-70. The 1500 is at the Indiana State Fairgrounds at 38th Street and Fall Creek Parkway.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Especially if it was at a "military base" since the 1500 is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS at the State Fairgrounds.
    ALWAYS! ;) Next one is 9-11 September. I saw the Indy 1500 promoter at the Tyndall Armory/ConC Celebration last night. Sounds like we'll be playing "guess what animal was in this pavilion during the State Fair" once again.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was there today, on a military base, this is 3rd time I attend them, honestly, does not worth it at this point, dudes trying to get as much cash as possible and trying to sell 30+ year old guns for 800$, like come on man
    Welcome to INGO! Please click the link below and introduce yourself.

GoJo Dingo

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Earth
    I haven't been to the 1500 in years. I used to never miss one but after a while it just became the same thing all the time and everything is marked up very high and nothing ever new. Has that changed? Thoughts and opinions on your 1500 experiences.
    Nope! Not at all!
    Two different times in a two year period I had cash in hand to buy something (I had a few items on the list); at a reasonable price or better yet, a price better than the local gun store.
    Noting, I found nothing worth buying because of the price. I so wanted to buy something but why would I pay more than what I can get it for at the local gun shop?
    After two occurances I decide the "gun show" was a waste of money. Go if you are bored and have noting else to do but you can do that at a gun shop and cost you nothing.

dastrieg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    No change still the same unless u are looking for something odd

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nope! Not at all!
    Two different times in a two year period I had cash in hand to buy something (I had a few items on the list); at a reasonable price or better yet, a price better than the local gun store.
    Noting, I found nothing worth buying because of the price. I so wanted to buy something but why would I pay more than what I can get it for at the local gun shop?
    After two occurances I decide the "gun show" was a waste of money. Go if you are bored and have noting else to do but you can do that at a gun shop and cost you nothing.
    Did you consider making them an offer? "Hey, I know this $550 Glock on the table is $500 at my LGS. Will you take $500?" Especially late in the show you'd be surprised what dealers will do to not have to lug gear back to the shop.

But overall, with the cost of the show plus ridiculous parking, (not to mention BO issues) you are already at a loss as soon as you walk in the door if you are looking for deals. So by that metric, you'd have to offer them $475 for that Glock to break even with LGS pricing.

I dont even bother going anymore. people watching isnt worth $20+ and I havent found deals worth the hassle in years.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Did you consider making them an offer? "Hey, I know this $550 Glock on the table is $500 at my LGS. Will you take $500?" Especially late in the show you'd be surprised what dealers will do to not have to lug gear back to the shop.

But overall, with the cost of the show plus ridiculous parking, (not to mention BO issues) you are already at a loss as soon as you walk in the door if you are looking for deals. So by that metric, you'd have to offer them $475 for that Glock to break even with LGS pricing.

I dont even bother going anymore. people watching isnt worth $20+ and I havent found deals worth the hassle in years.
    FYI, they won't be able to reply to your post....

Top Bottom