16T
    crappiniw1.jpg

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.

Now THAT's what I call a load of crap! Whew...smells like sulfur in here!

The panic selling is starting to become more pronounced...mortgage due, car payments due, cell phone cut-off due to lack of timely payment, hot dog and bean only dinners now etc.

The chickens are coming home to roost and the panic sellers are standing under the trees. :rockwoot:

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Never ceases to amaze me how rude people are. without all the people with diarrea this thred would only take 30 sec to read.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Does this thread have anything to do with $25 PMAGs? :):

I fear in six months Congress will speak up for the poor people who were forced to buy something at an inflated price that they knew they couldn't afford. Now they're under water on their purchase and Congress will force the retailer to refund some $$ and lower the interest payment for the poor innocent over-extended purchaser. Woah, I just got a sense of déjà vu!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

I fear in six months Congress will speak up for the poor people who were forced to buy something at an inflated price that they knew they couldn't afford. Now they're under water on their purchase and Congress will force the retailer to refund some $$ and lower the interest payment for the poor innocent over-extended purchaser. Woah, I just got a sense of déjà vu!

I got the name: " Dip@hit Bailout".

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Supposedly conservative gun owners are no different than the rest of society.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I think people look so silly offering a "pre-panic" price publicly in a listing. It just makes me think these people just don't get out much.

You mean you have actually seen pre panic prices lately???? I must have missed those threads. :n00b:

And I must be guilty of not so much crapping but more so diarrheaing on these people with CTD prices in there threads.:yesway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I guess because firearms aren't houses :dunno:Your post doesn't make any sense, I was saying that these sellers need to re-evaluate their prices, the panic buying is calming down but sellers aren't figuring it out which should be apparent because people are not paying what they are asking. Were not talking houses here, were talking guns that two months ago everybody knows were selling for 600.00 and now people were trying to get 1200.00. And guess what they are still selling new for 600.00. Watched a guy buy an Olympic yesterday at walmart for 650.00. Look at all the overpriced AR's now and people are not willing to pay for them anymore.
    Houses, firearms, cars, socks. It doesn't matter. Economics still works the same way with all of them. Am I really to believe you don't understand that? That you've never seen a house or a car listed for more than buyers have historically paid for it? Do you complain about all of those people listing their homes higher than the competition? I mean, crap, when are they gonna get the clue that the housing boom ended about 5 years ago. $100K for that vinyl-sided crap-tastic box is just too much.

It sounds like you're arguing that we need some sort of price control regulation. Some way of telling sellers that they aren't allowed to put their wares up for sale at a certain price because people aren't paying those prices anymore. Why do you care if someone is asking $1200 for a rifle if you can go get the exact same rifle for $600 elsewhere? Are you really that butt hurt that the seller is asking $1200 for it? If not, why do you seem to care so much.

If nobody is paying it anymore, then it won't sell. If the seller's desire to sell is greater than his desire to get $1200 out of it, guess what? Heavens be still, he'll lower the price. If it's not worth it to him to sell for less than $1200, he won't, but get this: you don't have to buy it.

I guess I don't understand the issue. Sellers attempting to transact in their best interest and half of INGO wants to burn 'em at the stake for it.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Back in the days when you could buy a new stainless Ruger Vaquero for $369, I was at a table selling knives next to another local who always set up at this show. A fella walks up and asks him: "How much is that Ruger?". The seller says: "$369.00, plus tax". The guy responds: "The guy over there (pointing across the hall we were in), is selling a used one for $400".

The seller says: "My price is $369.00, plus tax".

The customer walks over, and we see him buy the used gun for $400.

There is no sense in this world. When you recognize that fact, things stop bothering you as much.

Top Bottom