• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MorePowerWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Palmyra, In
    If folks would stop paying "panic prices" this wouldn't be a problem. Soon enough, there will be an overabundance of people stuck with firearms, mags, and ammo for which they overpaid. They will either be forced to take a loss, or keep them. Either way, they will lose! Thankfully my LGS refuses to gouge their customers. So I'm still stocking up on ammo at "normal" prices.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I'm talking about the people who offer 50% of the asking price for something because "that's what the price should be." I think they seem out of touch.

Oh your talking about the INGO ad stomping price police... The ones who continue to break rule #7 over and over again. They must be special people. :dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Oh your talking about the INGO ad stomping price police... The ones who continue to break rule #7 over and over again. They must be special people. :dunno:

There was a poster here who said he reported another poster simply because he said that at current prices, he was tempted to sell some of his ammo. I believe that poster and another one said they report ads here that they think are priced too high. If I were a mod, I'd temp ban every single person who reported ads because of the price. If you don't want to pay the price, move on. I find the price police far more offensive than the supposed gougers. It's as if they think I'm not intelligent enough to spend my money and they need to protect me from myself.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Back in the days when you could buy a new stainless Ruger Vaquero for $369, I was at a table selling knives next to another local who always set up at this show. A fella walks up and asks him: "How much is that Ruger?". The seller says: "$369.00, plus tax". The guy responds: "The guy over there (pointing across the hall we were in), is selling a used one for $400".

The seller says: "My price is $369.00, plus tax".

The customer walks over, and we see him buy the used gun for $400.

There is no sense in this world. When you recognize that fact, things stop bothering you as much.
    To some, price = quality.

In the past when I was a software developer, we had software we sold for $300~500/license. We had enterprises contact us (large multi-million dollar corporations) that were interested in the software due to the features and how well it worked but ultimately they decided not to buy it because they felt it was 'too cheap'.

I did, one day, ask one "If it was $10,000/license, would you buy it?" they said yes, so I offered to increase the price just for them. Not surprisingly most of the huge corporations bought from our competitors who were priced 10 to 50x higher than us and provided crappier software with more bugs and less features.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    >seller trying to sell item for 5x retail value
    >seller says, " no low ball offers "
    >seller says, " please dont sell these after you buy them and make a profit "

good times in classifieds

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I wish they would give the ad poopers a 72hr time out. That's how they do it on some other sites.

I think it's funny that I never see people who complain at prices selling anything at prices they think it should be. If you are so worried about it put your 5.56 out for 30 cents a round.
    I found this website and therefore I'm smart enough to use the Internet. I don't need you to post in some guys thread telling me its a bad deal. I got up on my own this morning and don't need my hand held. We are all capable of making our own judgments. Good grief.....

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wish they would give the ad poopers a 72hr time out. That's how they do it on some other sites.

I think it's funny that I never see people who complain at prices selling anything at prices they think it should be. If you are so worried about it put your 5.56 out for 30 cents a round.
    I found this website and therefore I'm smart enough to use the Internet. I don't need you to post in some guys thread telling me its a bad deal. I got up on my own this morning and don't need my hand held. We are all capable of making our own judgments. Good grief.....

They're appalled by liberal elitists telling them how to live but have no issue doing the same here.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    They're appalled by liberal elitists telling them how to live but have no issue doing the same here.

We have a winner!!!

Frankly I have neither the time nor the desire to set foot in every Walmart in the surrounding counties to be met with empty shelves. If I needed to I would gladly pay a premium to the guy who is doing so and get the ammo or other item I want at a price I'm willing to pay. Lots of folks out there with more money than time (not that I'm one of them) and are happy to pay for convenience.

Top Bottom