• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Like I said they do not need to invade it to win. They can control all trade to and from it.

Taiwan is already trying to reroute all air traffic through Japan. Given the amount of food and energy they import they could easily be in worse shape than Europe,and much more quickly.
    A 6 month blockade it would be really bad for Taiwan. I was thinking that when they announced the new "military maneuvers".

Chinese invasion isn't about if, but when.
    Will Taiwan cave, and accept Chinese rule without a fight?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    A 6 month blockade it would be really bad for Taiwan. I was thinking that when they announced the new "military maneuvers".

Chinese invasion isn't about if, but when.
    Will Taiwan cave, and accept Chinese rule without a fight?
    Taiwan has almost 3 days worth of domestic oil reserves.
    It would not take 6 months to bring it down. It a less than a week without oil imports it would cease to function.
    They are a little better off with coal,but 2 weeks and then they have almost no power.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke

Russia solidifying ties with China, and now stating we are "directly" involved in Ukraine. Tensions are ramping up faster and larger than anything I can recall in my lifetime.

I find it odd that president Brandon somehow relapsed into a very non-leathal virus that he has had so many vaccinations against. An excuse for his handlers to yank him into the basement? I think everyone knows Brandon can not handle this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's 100% true. All disgusting parts of it... What does that have to do with scummy China owned Republicans?

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk
    Nothing, but they aren't the immediate problem

Biden, God help us IS the CinC. China can take Taiwan without any price if he is willing to allow it, and he gains the US electorate tendency to rally around the president in wartime as well as virtually unlimited wartime emergency powers with which to make sure Dems stay in power

Something for everybody in the swamp. Question is whether we will have a 'Seven Days in May' moment within the ranks

We are living in interesting times

Maybe Xi is pinky-swearing not to use chips as a political cudgel if he is allowed to take Taiwan intact - you know like Putin denied that he would use EU dependence on Russian gas as leverage

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So it's ok if they are just partially owned like Mitch McConnell?

Why did Trump flip-flop from supporting Taiwan as a candidate to supporting One China after a single phone call by Xi?

But please, pontificate more about Hunter Biden.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk
    I see you must be a Libertarian, as you seem unable to understand the simple idea that 'Perfect is the enemy of good enough'

But do keep trying! Some on INGO do love them some 'They're all corrupt. There is no difference between the parties'

Hope your violin strings are fireproof

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    My MIL, BIL and his family are there. I think they all have dual citizenship. I’ve been trying to convince them to come here for years but MIL says no, she’s too old, doesn’t want to be buried far from the FIL who died recently. BIL can’t move unless she does or til she passes. Niece is starting 1st grade. BIL is a huge NASCAR fan, probably one of 3 in Taiwan. SIL is Burmese for ***k’s sake; they’d have an easy transition around here. We’ve got enough room to house em too.

This $#it is giving me an ulcer.

Last edited:

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    I guess bringing in toyota finally paid off.

Would be ironically funny if he were a ford fan, after all the marketing nascar has done to try to attract foreign fans

I know you’re trying to be witty and that’s ok, but from an experienced perspective, it’s still an naïvely shallow assessment — but lord knows it’s par for this course.

There is little to gain in correcting the above as it’s entirely unlikely to make any difference, but c’mon man, you can do better.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I see you must be a Libertarian, as you seem unable to understand the simple idea that 'Perfect is the enemy of good enough'

But do keep trying! Some on INGO do love them some 'They're all corrupt. There is no difference between the parties'

Hope your violin strings are fireproof
    Not libertarian, I just try to be consistent.

A republican shouldn't get a pass because of how they vote.

Its how we lost ground on gun rights under Trump. Not only did people NOT speak up, they bought into some warped idea of "shall not be infringed" means

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    Its how we lost ground on gun rights under Trump. Not only did people NOT speak up, they bought into some warped idea of "shall not be infringed" means
    I did some research and could not find any references as to what ground we lost in regards to our Gun rights under Trump.
    Can you please elaborate on any such laws that were passed under Trump that further infringed on our right to bear arms?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I did some research and could not find any references as to what ground we lost in regards to our Gun rights under Trump.
    Can you please elaborate on any such laws that were passed under Trump that further infringed on our right to bear arms?
    Im 99.9% sure where your trying to take this conversation, in case i'm wrong

1659704855666.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    China did a few things today.
    Sanctioned Pelosi, and a few more things.

Canceled meeting with Japan.
    Canceling China-U.S. Theater Commanders Talk.
    Canceling China-U.S. Defense Policy Coordination Talks (DPCT).
    Canceling China-U.S. Military Maritime Consultative Agreement (MMCA) meetings.
    Suspending China-U.S. cooperation on the repatriation of illegal immigrants.
    Suspending China-U.S. cooperation on legal assistance in criminal matters.
    Suspending China-U.S. cooperation against transnational crimes.
    Suspending China-U.S. counter narcotics cooperation.
    Suspending China-U.S. talks on climate change.

Side note. A train carrying military vehicles with Chinese markings and makes was filmed entering Donbass as it departed Russian territory yesterday.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Dude, we've all known for a long time that on China Democrats = bad, Republicans = slightly less bad, but still bad.

Chill out. Democrats are the ones in charge at the moment, and their actions are exclusively responsible for anything that goes down with China/Taiwan right now, so I really don't see why you're on here all "Oh, bUt WhY areN't YoU GuYS TalkIng AboUt RePUBlicAns!!!!"
    dontfeed

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    Im 99.9% sure where your trying to take this conversation, in case i'm wrong

View attachment 215921
    Bump stock ban? Pretty sure that has/had zero affect on my right to bear arms.
    And aren't bump stocks essentially designed for those with disabilities? Sort of how Silencers are essentially designed to suppress the sound to protect a shooters ears? Neither really have anything to do with the right to bear arms. Right to bear firearm accessories, maybe?
    And to satisfy your curiosity, I'm not trying to take anything anywhere. I don't have an agenda. I was simply replying to your blanket comment of "how we lost ground on gun rights under Trump." And you posted a bit about bump stock bans to somehow backup that comment.

Here's a good read if you want to waste a few minutes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    D'Accord

Because you have shared a positive opinion of Trump, a member known for his reputation for carefully and dispassionately examining all sides of an issue will probably be along shortly to tell you you're wrong and attempt to ridicule you for cult membership or blind faith or something (although Ginger Baker is taking a dirt nap, so I don't think that band is getting back together anytime soon)

Top Bottom