• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The company that administers our 401K is here at work today for our 1 on 1 planning sessions.:laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Was that meant to be purple or did you mean they will change rules?

There have already been noises made about all that accumulated wealth in 401K’s, etc and how if things were made fair, that money could be “invested” in those that need it more than you. Anything’s possible if we continue moving towards equity of outcome rather than opportunity.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    US banks sent a warning shot to get organized,and large investors/depositors will see this as a warning to GET MONEY OUT.

Here it is Federal Reserve statement.
    Of course, some banks will also be struggling during the coronavirus outbreak. Shares of major US banks including Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase plunged more than 10% apiece Monday.(actually it is worse JPM93.44 USD −14.67 (13.57%)

The agencies, which include the Federal Reserve, FDIC and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, also offered to provide "appropriate regulatory assistance" to banks. That includes granting requests in scheduling bank exams or inspections "to minimize disruption and burden."

GET YOUR money out.It will not be yours much longer.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/stock-market-news-today-030920/index.html

Maybe this time you will listen.

Yes bank in India(one of the largest banks on earth)...just defaulted and was taken over by the government.Withdraw limits already.
    https://www.cpifinancial.net/wealth/news/india-seizes-yes-bank-limits-withdrawals

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Do you guys have Roth accounts? Won't be tax friendly now, but in 30 years you will be a tax free millionaire.

Both of our IRAs and our portion of the 401(k) are all Roths. We'll come out way ahead this way.

The tax savings this year would be $3k. Tax savings long term with the Roth will blow that away.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Both of our IRAs and our portion of the 401(k) are all Roths. We'll come out way ahead this way.

The tax savings this year would be $3k. Tax savings long term with the Roth will blow that away.

I hear ya. That's what my wife and I have as well. I only have about 7-8 years until I can start taking it out, as long as the government don't steal it.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I hear ya. That's what my wife and I have as well. I only have about 7-8 years until I can start taking it out, as long as the government don't steal it.

Another good thing about a Roth is you don't have to make withdrawals at any age, with a traditional IRA they force you to make withdrawals even when you don't need/want to.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I’m a buyer at these times. Buffet was right about being greedy while others are fearful.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Should have bought today the way it looks. Old Trump gonna stimulate us......should be green as all get up tomorrow. You know how people are about free....that will make em forget about the virus.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Should have bought today the way it looks. Old Trump gonna stimulate us......should be green as all get up tomorrow. You know how people are about free....that will make em forget about the virus.
    At best 2-3 days. That is all this buys,if that. Reality is brutal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom