• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A 1oz slug has a lot of penetrate power within 25 yards and probably out to 100 yards. That's 437gr chunk of lead flying at around 1500fps. That's over 2000 ft lbs of energy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For me, any penetration test has to include the shot or slug passing through the body of the perpetrator first, would have to be part of the test. I don't intend to miss with any of my shots.

That would be pointless
    You know, here in Indy, they've been saying that the lack of employment opportunities has contributed to the crime problem. You may have just come up with a good idea! "Ammo Penetration Tester" Short contract, but still...

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Yep, you hit vinyl siding with a powerful trimmer and it will eat it. There are thousands of vinyl clad homes and few have the issues you describe. When it does happen it is usually the fault of the owner for not keeping the siding secured, once wind has a path under it gets ugly quick.

Agree Masonite and LP siding we’re a disaste.

We could build all brick 2x6 walls on 16 inch centers but who can afford that, or even wants too? Not many.
    Earth sheltered concrete for the win, Alex.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    All the ammo I'm seeing in that video is blanks, which would make sense as I'm not seeing any of the local flora on the banks flying apart. Pretty risky ballet with the boats as well to be using live ammo.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    People need to stop running like lemmings to buy this poorly built crap with basic minimal electric wiring and plastic pipes for domestic water under sized HVAC systems built on a postage stamp lot and Bravo Sierra construction. What a joke.
    You're not wrong. The problem is there is so little "good" home on the market, and so much "bad" home on the market right now.
    We bought a vinyl village spec house for our first in the Indy area. The only one we could find that wasn't listed/offered/sold before we could tour; we were 1.5 hours away and couldn't visit houses at the drop of a hat. The housing market is so crazy here within 4 years the house had gone up in value 30%. I told my wife "we must sell this house now. It is not worth close to what we'll sell it for." So we traded up for a house built in the 90s - mostly brick.

Having said that: don't shoot a gun in any house and expect the projectile to stop. You will own the bullet forever. Always know what's behind your target.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I did some electrical work on Dean Whites home. He sheathed it outside AND inside with sign boards. That is 3/4 inch high ply boards with waterproof cement. The PT boat that Kennedy commanded was made of that kind of material. You cannot believe how quiet that house was. You also cannot believe how hard it was to add some outlets. But ANYPLACE you wanted ti drop a screw in, was some solid wood.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I did some electrical work on Dean Whites home. He sheathed it outside AND inside with sign boards. That is 3/4 inch high ply boards with waterproof cement. The PT boat that Kennedy commanded was made of that kind of material. You cannot believe how quiet that house was. You also cannot believe how hard it was to add some outlets. But ANYPLACE you wanted ti drop a screw in, was some solid wood.
    Any idea where this waterproof tank was ventilated? I have seen some overbuilt homes mold badly because of inadequate ventilation…

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Any idea where this waterproof tank was ventilated? I have seen some overbuilt homes mold badly because of inadequate ventilation…
    I don't know, I was glad to finish my work and get out before I lost any more money. I know you are right about mold. That super insulated, double wall house that Watt energy systems built molded up in a couple years.

Top Bottom