Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's a fair question. I'm not sure they have the same goals as NATO anymore. But then I'm not sure NATO has the same goals as NATO anymore. Seems like maybe it's become part of the sales force for the military industrial complex.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Is it General Olson (whom I can find nothing about) or *Admiral* Olson, who retired in 2011? And that cute little hammer and sickle icon sure leads me to believe that this is truly, at long last, the unbiased news source that we have all been waiting for.
    I had almost the exact opposite results. Most things I can find say he's a general, one or two said admiral. His Linkedin profile states officer in the army.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I had almost the exact opposite results. Most things I can find say he's a general, one or two said admiral. His Linkedin profile states officer in the army.
    This looks like the picture from his "capture" story"

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This looks like the picture from his "capture" story"

I agree that is the picture they used. I've also found these, so who knows?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

27th Infantry Regiment. Those are my boys!

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Odd. Maybe that's what confused the commies.
    chloe-1.gif

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    For Starters,I don't think Russia wants all of Ukraine.I think they want to destroy the Ukrainian Army ,take everything north of Crimea, the Donbas and go home.
    YOu do realize that "everything north of Crimea" encompasses most of Ukraine don't yoouo?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Things are not looking good for a Finland/Sweden NATO acceptance based on a Turkish veto that Erdogan is using as leverage over a political beef.

I think their issue is Sweden's arms sanctions against them due to their fighting Kurds in Syria. Who knows, maybe they'll hash it out. It seems the rest of NATO wants Sweden and Finland to join so I doubt they can take the pressure for long. Besides, it's a strategically genius move for NATO and Turkey knows it.

Reactions: KG1

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Indeed.

NATO's dissolution is LONG PAST DUE.
    No it is just an issue with Turkey. And with this, they may indeed be wearing out their welcome. This isn't the first time they haven't been very helpful for what really benefits Nato.

Sadly, Turkey has really deviated from the ideals it once upheld. Its long and drawn out explanation, but Turkey in the 50s to 80s really wanted to be very European. Now we are left with a country that is going more and more to a more Muslin led bent, and at one point were actively trying to fight some US led efforts in Syria. They hate the Kurds as they lay claim to a lot of eastern turkey.

I would have think Turkey would have been bounced from Nato years ago if it wasn't for Turkey's absolutely golden strategic position. They control the only VERY NARROW Black Sea access. Which alone is worth its strategic weight in gold.

They also are a strategic "flank", They also have a big army. 2nd only to the US, in Nato. But its a mix of really modern stuff, and some older stuff too. But definitely enough to keep the Russians split and distracted while the main Nato force smashes eastward from mainland Europe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom