• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    My money is on Switzerland. Nobody would see it coming, nobody would believe they did it, and it would give their bored special ops troops something to do. Those guys get bored with never fighting a war!
    Na, we might believe they did it to ascend into NATO.

Now the French.... :thatshot:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The most shocking thing about that article is not even the topic or rather it is true or not. It is the narrative change. No longer a war, not even an invasion...."As the border conflict between Ukraine and Russia escalates"

That to me says more about what is happening than the article itself.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The most shocking thing about that article is not even the topic or rather it is true or not. It is the narrative change. No longer a war, not even an invasion...."As the border conflict between Ukraine and Russia escalates"

That to me says more about what is happening than the article itself.
    Good point.

Also the fact no one knows if it actually happened. It's basically he said, she said ordeal.
    If Russia does have a defector put up proof.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The official X account of the US Mission to NATO wrote Monday, "In this tough and dynamic battle, Ukraine’s soldiers are fighting bravely every single day, and they continue to inspire the world with their bravery and courage."

"We will continue to support them to be in the strongest possible position at the negotiating table when the time comes," the statement said.

...well that was 100 billion+ spent well.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    The end is Russia will keep crimea and whatever land in ukraine they occupy. Ukraine will be a basket case for generations because of the huge number of lives lost. Russia will recover quickly, it is what they do. Europe will have to bear the burden of refugees from ukraine and further Russian aggression. Europe and the EU, will have to put on their big boy pants and fund their own defense.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The end is Russia will keep crimea and whatever land in ukraine they occupy. Ukraine will be a basket case for generations because of the huge number of lives lost. Russia will recover quickly, it is what they do. Europe will have to bear the burden of refugees from ukraine and further Russian aggression. Europe and the EU, will have to put on their big boy pants and fund their own defense.
    The EU that did not even allow a single male to run for EU president in 2022? That even replaced the then president with a temporary female president during the elections?
    You sure about the boy part?

The EU is in a tailspin largely due to their own policies. They would have riots if defense spending went up vs hand outs.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ark

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    The EU that did not even allow a single male to run for EU president in 2022? That even replaced the then president with a temporary female president during the elections?
    You sure about the boy part?

The EU is in a tailspin largely do to their own policies. They would have riots if defense spending went up vs hand outs.
    I do not disagree with that, I think so too. I also don’t care. Of all the regions of the earth, Europe should be more than capable of defending themselves. If they don’t, well then I guess they get what they deserve. Falls squarely into the not my problem bucket as far as I am concerned.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I do not disagree with that, I think so too. I also don’t care. Of all the regions of the earth, Europe should be more than capable of defending themselves. If they don’t, well then I guess they get what they deserve. Falls squarely into the not my problem bucket as far as I am concerned.
    Also yesterday.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom