Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So there's this 40 mile long Russian convoy that's supposedly out of fuel and food that's just camping out in the Ukrainian countryside.

I take that to mean Russia has 100% control of the airspace. I also have to assume Ukrainian artillery ain't nothin to write home about.

For a country of that size, with a not so small military I kinda expected more. Even with a handful of drones they could make Saddam's Highway of Death look like the Yellow Brick Road.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The power of propaganda!

OcRjicp.jpg
    So is the left half of the picture
    1. Real Ukrainian soldiers that were captured.
    2. Real Ukrainian soldiers pretending to be Russian soldiers for the propaganda.
    3. Real Russian soldiers that were capture.
    4. Real Russian soldiers pretending to be Ukrainian soldiers for fake news propaganda to discredit Ukraine.
    5. Someone pretending to be soldiers and the picture leaked out and has been used by several to meet their own twisted agenda.
    6. None of the above/all of the above.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Could be very ugly if they go scorched earth.

Could be some truth to scorched earth. Now Russia is warning people to leave.

Anyone with half of a working brain cell knew this was coming.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Hes is mad, frustrated, cut off from the rest of the world financially, and the ICC has started investigations into war crimes and crimes against humanity, and his own people are against him, oligarchs may soon have him... perma sleeped.

What does he have to lose? He seems to be coming up quick on a "go or blow" moment

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Yeah, no shovels in the confiscated weapons
    I carry one of those shovels in my truck. Just in case I need to plant it on captured enemies like a cop planting a gun for evidence.

They are impressive shovels. We were camping in a remote location and my wife needed to poop. She was impressed when I grabbed my shovel and had a cat hole for her in one scoop.

Don't forget to order the sheath too.

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    So there's this 40 mile long Russian convoy that's supposedly out of fuel and food that's just camping out in the Ukrainian countryside.

I take that to mean Russia has 100% control of the airspace. I also have to assume Ukrainian artillery ain't nothin to write home about.

For a country of that size, with a not so small military I kinda expected more. Even with a handful of drones they could make Saddam's Highway of Death look like the Yellow Brick Road.
    I believe its 40 miles away and only 3 or 4 miles long. Regardless, I agree with everything you said. Seems like easy targets to me. When is the tipping point to where Ukraine could start looking at possibly winning this war, or at least turn back the Russians? If the Russian war machine can't supply the machine, then what?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not sure if anyone's seen this? If so, enjoy....

I think Zelensky should recreate that dance the next time he stands in front of the Capital and gives an update. " I'm still here. Come and get me bitches!"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How do we know that the people calling out people who put out disinformation aren't themselves putting out disinformation?
    We don't and won't until so far after the fact that 'At [that] point, what difference does it make'

Anyone claiming to know what's REALLY going on - including me - should be disregarded

So should the people claiming they don't know enough to make an informed decision, they never will within any time frame that matters. A seat on the fence looks like it should be more uncomfortable than it is

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I'm really surprised by the number of people who thinks this isn't real, is being over exaggerated, or some sort of messed up conspiracy. I know a lot of you don't trust our news sources but the First Amendment is still in effect and I doubt the whole world would participate in some big lie just to dupe insignificant Americans. I'm sorry y'all but us civilians are just not that important lol

Something is seriously messed up in ole Mother Russia right now and showing the world their rear ends to the whole world (how does a major world power not have enough food and fuel for one of its best armies?). What doesn't make sense is the lack of guerrilla warfare against that convey. Morale is low enough that I'd say many Russian troops would just give up. If the Ukrainians hit a handful of their vehicles that have woods on both sides, they'd at least slow down the Russian advance. I imagine the Russian anti-air defenses are what's keeping the Ukrainian Air Force at bay. Their Air Force is small enough as is; I'd be hard pressed to risk losing pilots in that position.

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    How do we know that the people calling out people who put out disinformation aren't themselves putting out disinformation?
    We don't, indeed -- unless they point out explicit inconsistencies and/or provide verifiable proofs.
    E.g.,
    • proofs that pictures were taken years ago,
    • that a combat video is from a videogame,
    • the absence or presence of certain markings,
    • issues with the battle formation or layout (closed reticles, loose hair, brand-new uniforms, burnt mannequins, etc.),
    • problems with physics of the encounters and alleged consequences (such as a GRAD missile strike that doesn't sound like an explosion 200 yards away and doesn't produce craters).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The thought has occurred to me of a honey-trap for all those javelins and NLAWs, but not aware of the dismounted troops they would need in the area to take advantage as well as the question of why they are bothering to transport the equipment if they don't need it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom