Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    They didn't want the SU-22s, All Mig 29s, and a few SU-25s

FMt6KrXXEAY3EEI
    I wondered how long it would take for this to happen.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Nope. "Kyiv" is the Anglicized version of the Ukrainian word for the capital city of you know, Ukraine. "Kiev" is Anglicized version of the Russian word. The Rooskies changed the name as part of the Russification during the commies' benevolent subjugation of the area.
    I get that, but we are speaking/writing in English, at least most of the time. So let's all use the English version. Again, if someone's a Uke, spell it anyway you want.

It's like the people on local news that can't just say a Spanish name in an anglicized way, they have to pronounce it like they were addressing Philip VI of Spain. Oops, I mean

Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Grecia

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Completely unbiased map. ISW Is a bunch of schollars that study wars. They have been really fair about studying the conflict.

Russians are close to bringing a second pincer into Kyiv, but it wont cut anything off.

Most success has been in the south, with some Russian Marines.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Completely unbiased map. ISW Is a bunch of schollars that study wars. They have been really fair about studying the conflict.

Russians are close to bringing a second pincer into Kyiv, but it wont cut anything off.

Most success has been in the south, with some Russian Marines.

I'm not sure if any amount of aid short of joining the war, is going to turn back the tide.

That's about the same progress the Nazis made into Poland during the blitzkrieg, over the same amount of time.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure if any amount of aid short of joining the war, is going to turn back the tide.

That's about the same progress the Nazis made into Poland during the blitzkrieg, over the same amount of time.
    Well, if you believed the quickly deleted press released, Russia expected this to take 2 days.....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I get that, but we are speaking/writing in English, at least most of the time. So let's all use the English version. Again, if someone's a Uke, spell it anyway you want.

It's like the people on local news that can't just say a Spanish name in an anglicized way, they have to pronounce it like they were addressing Philip VI of Spain. Oops, I mean

Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Grecia
    I think I will pronounce that long name as “Steve”

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    Lots of propaganda flying every direction.
    Where's Kremlin's propaganda though? Genuine question.

(I mean, aside from me being the KGB operative locust dead weight, but that's another story from another thread.)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Where's Kremlin's propaganda though? Genuine question.

(I mean, aside from me being the KGB operative locust dead weight, but that's another story from another thread.)

As for the Kremlin actually doing it, I actually don't know or haven't seen anything of consequence.

As for edgelords defending Russia at all costs blindly, I see lots of manufactured stuff floating around. Zelenskyy made it kind of easy to propagandize himself, since he was a comedian and played dress up, lol.

What I see the most of is bleeding heart liberals who couldn't find Ukraine on a map for $1000 touting how it stands as a totem for gay rights and multicultural democracy. Which is about as close to parody as one can come without being ironic. I also see a lot of vehicles from previous conflicts, destroyed, that have been photoshopped to appear as if they're part of this conflict.

I always wondered how insane the liberal media would get with propaganda during a war, this answered my question lol.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom