Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Bad time to be a Russian in Ukraine

It was Azov that cut power and water in Meriupol more than two weeks ago(likely why the Ukrainian army leveled their headquarters with a missile attack in Meriupol). So what you posted is not really shocking to those paying attention to both sides of the story. Some of the stories out of Meriupol are really bad(they had the over 1k of the national police patrolling looting,raping ect well before the war). That force in Maripol is what set the UN off back in 2015.

https://www.securitycouncilreport.org/un-documents/ukraine/ (2015)
    "UN human rights monitors also documented allegations of violations perpetrated with impunity by Ukrainian law enforcement officials -- mainly elements of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) -- including enforced disappearances, arbitrary and incommunicado detention,rape,looting,sex trafficking of women and children,torture and ill-treatment."
    *So it has been happening in Mariupol for a loooong time. As the 2015 cease fire made it a "Neutral" area for military forces,and put the security of the area 100% in the hands of the SBU.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It stands to reason that there would be some resentment towards the people attacking your country. Not justifying it but this stuff happens. As far as the bodies in front of the store i would guess execution of looters is a possibility but just a guess.

Edit: There does appear to be some damage to the building well above street level. Hard to tell exactly what happened.
    And that could be a staging/triage/morgue area, not the actual location of the blast.

Or if things are getting desperate enough, the shoes and socks were looted by those that needed them.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "The Ukrainian ambassador to Germany, Andriy Melnyk, is currently being criticized for right-wing statements. On Twitter, he defended the right-wing nationalist Azov regiment of the Ukrainian army. When asked about his argumentative theses, the ambassador lashed out against the supposedly left-wing positions.

The Ukrainian ambassador to Germany, Andriy Melnyk, is known for his controversial statements on the Ukraine war. Recently, Melnyk also attracted attention with questionable, right-wing statements. On Twitter, he joined the far-right Azov regiment, which is fighting for Ukraine's Interior Ministry in the war: "Just leave the Azov regiment alone."

The Azov regiment has been criticized for human rights violations and war crimes since the Russian annexation of Crimea. But Melnyk prefers to refer to the situation in Germany. He comments : "Guys, better take care of your own right-wing extremists."

Ukraine Ambassador Melnyk: 'Better keep your left trap shut'​

Left-wing politician Fabio de Masi accused Melnyk of lying to himself. De Masi warns of the regiment's fascist activities. The criticism falls on deaf ears with Melnyk : "You'd better keep your left mouth shut"

The Azov regiment also received support in Germany. The extreme right-wing micro-party “Der III. way" supports the fighters. Under the motto "Nationalists help nationalists", the party searched for accommodation for Azov members on Telegram."

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    IEDs are now being deployed...

Invasion has stalled, Russia barely controls 20% (including the 2014 annexed areas) and now they have to deal with an insurgency in the few controlled area..

FOh2mVLXEAYF74m

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    IEDs are now being deployed...

Invasion has stalled, Russia barely controls 20% (including the 2014 annexed areas) and now they have to deal with an insurgency in the few controlled area..

FOh2mVLXEAYF74m
    Putin is threatening the use if tactical nukes. Would he use them in Ukraine? If he does would that start a war with nato?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's pretty much a common understanding that a nuke going off in anger results in all of the nukes going off in anger.
    Not necessarily. Russia does not believe the use of tactical nukes is considered to be all out nuclear war.

Edit:
    Russia has tactical nukes as low as 0.1 kiloton. They could deploy them to get a ground war moving and not think twice about it.

Last edited:

74 or more

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Parke co.
    Bidens going to Poland to a G7 meeting.He is ecalating us into a war . After his blunder with the Afghanistan withdrawal , CRT training and tearing are military . I have no trust in him . Do not believe all the western media, they have lied to us for years . On utube “Alexander Mercouris “ , a Greek has a fair and unbiased reviews on world events. From a tax paying , lawbiding , vet 71-74 Armor Cav.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Bidens going to Poland to a G7 meeting.He is ecalating us into a war . After his blunder with the Afghanistan withdrawal , CRT training and tearing are military . I have no trust in him . Do not believe all the western media, they have lied to us for years . On utube “Alexander Mercouris “ , a Greek has a fair and unbiased reviews on world events. From a tax paying , lawbiding , vet 71-74 Armor Cav.

The problem is that people will oppose biden in every issue except for this, because so many people are still living in the 80s in their heads. So they let their better judgement slide and start listening to the media feed them tasty little lies.

While it'd be interesting to see the F35 actually fight a first world power, the loss of lives that such a conflict would carry are not worth it.

There's no interests of the American people being served by fighting such a war. Our sovereignty is not being threatened by any outside threats.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The problem is that people will oppose biden in every issue except for this, because so many people are still living in the 80s in their heads. So they let their better judgement slide and start listening to the media feed them tasty little lies.

While it'd be interesting to see the F35 actually fight a first world power, the loss of lives that such a conflict would carry are not worth it.

There's no interests of the American people being served by fighting such a war. Our sovereignty is not being threatened by any outside threats.
    Agree.

Based on their performance so far, conventional air war would be a stomping. It would be so fast and decisive that I can easily see the Russians resorting to unconventional means to make up the imbalance.

You can start a war without nukes, but I have no idea how you end without them.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Agree.

Based on their performance so far, conventional air war would be a stomping. It would be so fast and decisive that I can easily see the Russians resorting to unconventional means to make up the imbalance.

You can start a war without nukes, but I have no idea how you end without them.

Yep... Furthermore, Russia has no real means to bring any of their military power to our shores.

This means it'd go nuclear almost immediately; they lack the capability to do much else.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Not necessarily. Russia does not believe the use of tactical nukes is considered to be all out nuclear war.

Edit:
    Russia has tactical nukes as low as 0.1 kiloton. They could deploy them to get a ground war moving and not think twice about it.

Just my opinion but I think they are bluffing. They could use conventional FOAB that has the same power as a small nuke without the fallout. They want Ukraines resources and a fallout cloud might just irradiate some of Europe or even Russia. I believe the Russians fear NATO stepping into the fray while they have their hands full so they make nuke threats. I am NOT saying I think NATO getting directly involved is a good idea.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I definitely live in the 80's in my view of Russia or China. That will not stop. A good commie is a dead commie!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom