Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lack I checked, nobody has invaded us?

Seems like the only trouble we've got into, we went looking for across the ocean.
    You do know that quote is Neville Chamberlain not Bush, yes? Because if you do, you are glossing over the blitz, the indiscriminate targeting of civilians with non-precision long range weapons, the Holocaust, Pearl Harbor, The Bataan Death March etc

Should we sit idly by while Russia and China seek to form another Axis? And does 'the indiscriminate targeting of civilians by non-precision long range weapons' ring any Ukrainian bells for you

I mention it not because I believe we should get involved in Ukraine beyond supplying them with effective arms, I mention it because appeasement has no, zero, nada record of success and we are admonished to learn from history or repeat it

An alliance of powers that thinks itself powerful enough to rule the world will always have a go at it sooner or later

74 or more

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Parke co.
    I don’t watch tv but on the internet have learned not to believe any thing that our media puts out . They have repeatbly lied to us. watch on utube. Alexander. Mercouris ,,,………………. The media have The War Industry point of view, with is more interested in money than honestly!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Well, the A-10s would be flying over Ukrainian soil so there would be no Russian air defenses to contend with sans some low level tactical stuff. For F-35's SEAD is the new CAS. They would obliterate anything the Ruskies brought with them and the A-10's would sweep the field.

Also, if you're doing CAS in contested airspace you're doing it wrong and pilot attrition might not be the worst of your worries.
    A-10's were lost in Iraq in the first gulf war. That airspace was nothing like what they'd face in Europe. The threats to it today are much greater.

I wouldn't even consider flying an A10 over Ukraine when the F-35 is available.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You do know that quote is Neville Chamberlain not Bush, yes? Because if you do, you are glossing over the blitz, the indiscriminate targeting of civilians with non-precision long range weapons, the Holocaust, Pearl Harbor, The Bataan Death March etc

Should we sit idly by while Russia and China seek to form another Axis? And does 'the indiscriminate targeting of civilians by non-precision long range weapons' ring any Ukrainian bells for you

I mention it not because I believe we should get involved in Ukraine beyond supplying them with effective arms, I mention it because appeasement has no, zero, nada record of success and we are admonished to learn from history or repeat it

An alliance of powers that thinks itself powerful enough to rule the world will always have a go at it sooner or later

The question is, are you signing up to fight that war or are you telling your neighbor to go do it for you?

If you really believe in it, go to it.

As for an alliance of powers seeking the power to rule the world... Tell me again, who has been behaving that way for better half of the past century?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Alas, I have no first strike capability

As far as the second question, USSR/Russia and China

See: Iron curtain, Berlin blockade, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan 1.0, Cambodia, Cuba, Nicaragua - I'm sure I've left some out but you get the picture

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Bad time to be a Russian in Ukraine

It stands to reason that there would be some resentment towards the people attacking your country. Not justifying it but this stuff happens. As far as the bodies in front of the store i would guess execution of looters is a possibility but just a guess.

Edit: There does appear to be some damage to the building well above street level. Hard to tell exactly what happened.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Alas, I have no first strike capability

As far as the second question, USSR/Russia and China

See: Iron curtain, Berlin blockade, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan 1.0, Cambodia, Cuba, Nicaragua - I'm sure I've left some out but you get the picture

You don't need a first strike capability, just a plane ticket. They'll provide you with everything you need.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom