• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What a weird position to take. Campaign is counting on poll-testing results, maybe? I struggle to see a benefit for Shreve taking this position.
    Way too many republicans only support just enough gun rights stuff to maintain the cred. As we saw during the constitutional carry debates there’s plenty of squish in a bunch of them that if they have to support gun control to get elected, they’ll do it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thankfully Avon is west of Raceway Road in Hendricks County.

Let me see if I've got this straight:

Bored rich guy (I think I need to cite @Cameramonkey on "bored rich guy" ) buys the nomination.

Bored rich guy then looks at the political grandstanding of the incumbent (who crawled out from under his rock for the first time in 8 years) and says, "Hold my chardonnay"

Bored rich guy jumps on-board with Boss Hogg's unlawful and unconstitutional grandstanding.

Bored rich guy just alienated a large portion of the 40% of the voters he would've gotten anyway.

Is that about right?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have repeatedly said I'd rather have a stridently anti-gun Democrat than a wishy-washy Republican, as it's much easier for other Republicans to follow the wishy-washy R than then D on "common sense gun control".

That said, I don't give a **** what a mayor candidate thinks about guns, abortion, immigration, war, NASA's budget, or any host of other issues he can't do much of anything about. I'm rather more concerned with his stance on the things he can do something about. Like city infrastructure. Can we get a crime lab facility and manpower to something remotely resembling the size needed for our level of crime and population? Can we get a few of the potholes un-potholed? Could you not **** me like a house cat on county income taxes, special district sales taxes, etc? How about those things?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    "Hold my chardonnay"
    Ha! That is absolutely hilarious! You bring up a good point. He still won't get the votes going to Hogtrash and he loses votes he otherwise might have gotten. There seems not rhyme or reason to his position. What the heck separates him from Hoggy?

I'm rather more concerned with his stance on the things he can do something about. Like city infrastructure. Can we get a crime lab facility and manpower to something remotely resembling the size needed for our level of crime and population? Can we get a few of the potholes un-potholed? Could you not **** me like a house cat on county income taxes, special district sales taxes, etc? How about those things?
    All that costs money. Maybe the city should ask Irsay or Simon for a little cash back from the stadiums. How much did it cost for the astroturf on the Circle? The painted bike lanes that run through the 'hood? Electric busses, gas busses with few/no passengers, wages paid for bike cops to roll up into a cigar bar to make sure nobody is smoking a cigarette.... There's money for your wishlist and you're right, Indy needs a mayor willing to prioritize needs and focus his resources.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That said, I don't give a **** what a mayor candidate thinks about guns, abortion, immigration, war, NASA's budget, or any host of other issues he can't do much of anything about. I'm rather more concerned with his stance on the things he can do something about. Like city infrastructure. Can we get a crime lab facility and manpower to something remotely resembling the size needed for our level of crime and population? Can we get a few of the potholes un-potholed? Could you not **** me like a house cat on county income taxes, special district sales taxes, etc? How about those things?
    Man, I am so with you on this. First mass media, and then social media, has "nationalized" EVERYTHING. A mayor does not need to be speaking to a national audience about national hot button issues of the moment.

What's the job of a city? Build and maintain infrastructure. Provide law and order. Coordinate zoning and development in a way that makes logical sense. Operate government schools (optional IMO). It stands to reason a mayoral candidate should spend most of their time talking about those things.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Looks like I will be withholding my vote.
    Guy Relford had a great idea. He suggested that instead of withholding our vote for mayor McTraitor(s), write his name in. He freely admits that he wont win. He cant even serve if he were to be elected because he doesnt live in Indy. But its to send a message about this specific betrayal. Not only did neither get your vote, you are telegraphing to them WHY they didnt get the vote. I agree, that sends a CLEAR message.

If a couple thousand pro 2A folks vote for him, he'll know exactly who he ticked off with this stunt today.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I wrote this to the Indiana State Republican Party. They should be embarrassed by the candidate they have allowed to use their name.

"Please remove all endorsement and financial support from Indianapolis Mayoral candidate Jefferson Shreve. He has become an embarrassment to anyone who believes in the supremacy of the Constitutions of this Nation and State.​
    Though I am sadly aware of the weakness of the Republican Party regarding Constitutional compliance, of the major parties the Republican Party is still better than the Democratic Party (AKA Communist Party of the United States). Sadly, the best I can hope for in Indiana is that the State Republican Party will put forth at least some constitutionalist candidates. For Mayor of Indianapolis, you have failed miserably.​
    I do not get to vote upon the Mayor of Indianapolis as I reside in a doughnut county. I do however; get effected by the incompetence as I am affected by the crime and costs associated with the dysfunction which is the Marion County political system. The Indiana Republican Party HAS to do better than put forward candidates which spew anti-Constitutional rhetoric and sound an awful lot like a lite-Democrat. Your support for Shreve ultimately effects my support for you and the candidates you support in my elections.​
    This piece, and those like it, did more to destroy ANY support for Mr. Shreve among my circle of acquaintances than anything Mayor Hogsett has done to Indianapolis since he allowed it to be burned and looted in May 2020.​
    "...Shreve’s gun proposals included raising the legal age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21, repealing permit-less carry, and banning assault weapon sales." So what does the candidate you are supporting not understand about "... shall not be infringed"? What does he not understand about "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."? What does he or the Indiana Republican Party not understand regarding the Republican Party Platform which supports the 2nd Amendment?​
    Mr. Shreve's reported comments display an astounding level of ignorance and / or incompetence regarding the Constitutions of this Nation and State, recent Supreme Court decisions clarifying and reinforcing the literal meaning of the Preamble to the Bill of Rights and 2nd Amendment, as well as basic human nature.​
    If the Indiana State Republican Party desires to be relevant to the political system within Marion County you must provide a candidate which provides a clear juxtaposition against the current failed and dysfunctional executive of the State's Capitol city. Disavow Mr. Shreve, he can only do the State Party harm at this juncture."​

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If the Indiana State Republican Party desires to be relevant to the political system within Marion County you must provide a candidate which provides a clear juxtaposition against the current failed and dysfunctional executive of the State's Capitol city. Disavow Mr. Shreve, he can only do the State Party harm at this juncture."
    Most of them don’t really believe much differently than the average democrat. They differ on priorities and who to stick the check with but most of them, all the want is power. My money is on they (the state party) does not care about the candidate’s anti-constitutional stance on 2A matters. They just want to claim the victory.

Top Bottom