• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yes my AR was unloaded but I did have a loaded Colt magazine in each back pocket besides the loaded side arm with 2 extra magazines and a .32 in the small of my back for giggles. So empty rifle yes, not prepared to defend myself and those around me ? Nope !
    And when I left my house there was a 90% chance of rain. The U.S military has used the Long Island White Fish to cover the muzzles of rifles since the 40's and it maybe not my style for daily use (I used a modern muzzle cap) it is a long held method that worked then and still works now.
    If Colonel Cletus would sling the rifle muzzle down, he wouldn’t have to use a condom. As far as the military using them for muzzle covers, I’ve heard it as well, but my 12 years didn’t see it once?pick it apart all you want, won’t change my opinion.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If Colonel Cletus would sling the rifle muzzle down, he wouldn’t have to use a condom. As far as the military using them for muzzle covers, I’ve heard it as well, but my 12 years didn’t see it once?pick it apart all you want, won’t change my opinion.
    yep, what a waste.
    I needed all I could get. Sometimes 2 at once. I've said too much :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Like I said before I have no problem with people doing what they want. Being in a militia if they want even, I'm not but I'm cool with that if they like it.
    I'm VERY supportive of Confederate flags too. Have one. Nope dont fly it outside my house. Nope it's not hanging in my house. It was flown over a southern state Capitol before the race baiters nixed that so its in a flag case with the certificate from the state.
    I respect people dressing and believing as they wish and practicing religion or non religion ect. I ****ing love freedom. I would give up everything I have on this earth to preserve freedom.
    Yep here's my BUT,
    When you attend court there is a level of respect or a decorum. I'm sure many dont but I would wear at least a shirt and tie. If you walk into a store to buy something wearing clean or nicer clothes you will be treated better. You will immediately command a level of respect that maybe you wouldbt if you dressed poorly. Yeah it's not always right or fair but that's reality and I'm just speaking frankly.
    I get wearing and NRA or INGO or military branch hat or even a camo hat, but if I were an organizer and could make people listen (I'm sure they dont listen) I would tell them to please dress in clean and respectable clothes. Jean's and a t shirt or even a polo. Leave the BDU's and drop leg holsters at home, leave the long guns at home too for these type rallys. People on ingo RIP APART someone who open Carrys a rifle into a store or down the street yet they think it's fine for a rally? I dont get it. Yes legal but I think it sends a mixed message. Either we are drawing a line in the sand or we are winning hearts and minds? Which is it?
    Because if you arent willing to even write a letter then you arent ready to defend any line in the sand and if you say you will you are full of ****.
    Also something else that turns off a lot of gun people is having a damn camera shoved in their face all the damn time so everyone can post it on every corner of the internet and also beam it out to possible aliens in space. It doesn't just happen at rallys it happens at every damn gun event you go to. It's a real turn off. I cant believe the total fail in famsec and OPEC so many people in the gun community have. Beaming to the world that you collect guns and here is my face (ok)
    Allowing the government to let police know who has an LTCH and who doesn't (hell no muh rights!!)
    UH THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND ( I'm against both)
    I dont think that's too much to ask for a political type rally.

If you wanna have a line in the sand rally I support that too. Bust out the long guns and camo for that one because intimidation would be the message.

That's as best as I can type it out. It's much easier to say this type of stuff in person than to type it.

You're exactly right TT. The politics of the second amendment should be above other divisive symbols. One typically has a fair idea of what those are.
    I tried to rep you, but couldn't.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    FWIW I walked several blocks from the rally site to the corner of Illinois and New York streets carrying my AR 15 and actually stopped to talk to several people who were more curious than anything. One woman even asked me if it was real and I said yes of course it is. Then she continued to ask for directions, we wished each other a good day, and went on our way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    FWIW I walked several blocks from the rally site to the corner of Illinois and New York streets carrying my AR 15 and actually stopped to talk to several people who were more curious than anything. One woman even asked me if it was real and I said yes of course it is. Then she continued to ask for directions, we wished each other a good day, and went on our way.

I think possibly some of us (myself included) forget we are in Indiana. For all its faults this is not snow flake central save for that area about 50 miles south of us.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well yeah she wasn't gonna start kicking you in the leg with an AR on your back. :):
    Sorry I couldn't resist the joke

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Letters and calls arent working because our politicians are in it for the wrong reasons. To themselves they are awesome giants of history. To the people they are tyrants. Because, they are actually tyrants.

OK, TT, I have respect for you. You say, rallies do nothing and you also say that writing doesn't work either.

So, are we to sit on our hands and do nothing.

For the record I was against the counter protest, because I thought that confrontation from either side would be used against us. I was wrong and everything went smoothly, that time.

I wanted to attend the rally in Indy, but had another commitment I had to keep. (two grandsons B-day party)

I write letters, OC educate, talk to a lot of people and will put the next rally on my calendar as soon as it is announced. We need to be proactive in every way we can.

I think it would be more effective if we were to have a rally on a work day when the legislature was in session, but most of us are working people and we do not have the funds or ability to bus in paid protesters like Bloomberg and Soros do.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Many thinks to Brother Bill and Kelly for organizing. A lot of work and it was well done and definitely worth the trip down from Michiana.

Guns.com finally reported on it. It would have been nice if they did something before to get the word out but...

Gun advocates rally in state capitols for the Second Amendment

Same with ttag.com

Weekend Pro-Gun Protests Drew Mixed, But Enthusiastic Crowds - The Truth About Guns

These are some good points to push
    Nicki Stallard, a spokesperson for the LGBT gun rights group Pink Pistols, told the newspaper the rally unifies gun advocates of all stripes and offers an opportunity to create a “responsibility movement.”
    “I’m a transgender woman, so self-defense is extremely important. I’m in the demographic that has the highest rate of being victims of violent crime,” Stallard said. “I feel that the state of California is on its way to eliminating our right to self-defense.”

“We’re sympathetic to the fears of … the people who want to take guns away, who want to ban things, but when you look at the details of what the actual proposals are, they aren’t going to do what people think they’re going to do,” said Bill Slike III, during an interview with the Indianapolis Star. “There’s a great, huge misconception about what the proposed laws actually would do.”

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    C'mon now. While I agree with your overall sentiment, you know the percetage of camo was much higher than this. At least 30-40% of the crowd had some form of camo on.

I also agree with TT that we do need to step our game up and look presentable. The gun grabbers expect to see a bunch of Bubbas in the crowd, but they don't necessarily expect to see people that look like their neighbors and co-workers.

This goes back to what BrotherBill and others have said; that we can't stay silent around our friends and neighbors while expecting others to carry the water for us. We must speak up and take away the stigma of gun ownership.

And anyone who doesn't think TriggerTime walks the walk every damn day, clearly isn't paying attention. For some of us, like me, just showing up to a public rally is a big first step to more activism and involvment. Guys like TT are already committed and make an impact in other ways.

I agree with MCgrease08. Esp the highlights.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I ended up not attending. I originally planned on it. After talking with several guys 10-20yrs older than me that are hard core 2A, I realized mostly what they said to be correct. Rallies are good for exercising your 1A rights but they don't convince politicians to change their minds or sway them. Once they started mentioning other huge rallies from the past(war rallies, teachers unions, etc) and the nothing burger that resulted from it, then I pondered more about it. In medicine when there's a problem we place an intervention and then go back and measure efficacy. History has shown that rallies aren't very effient. I'm not trying to take on a defeatist attitude here. When a tool quits working we don't continue to try and use it hoping it just might next time. If you feel like going to rallies are good, then by all means go. If joe blow in the senate won't listen to you when call and email him then he sure isn't gonna give you a reach around when you stand in front of his office holding a sign. These asshats get my blood boiling. But I remain humble and meek. If/when the time comes, if I have to march around with a slung rifle, it'll be for other reasons than showing face. I'll be running with guys like TT

I disagree that marches have done "nothing".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I believe this helps our cause more than anything (but not the ONLY thing).
    People see you as a "normal" looking person that is polite, and "normal".
    When you are screaming, or dressed full "tactical", well it is your right. But IMAGE does wonders.

Same with liberals. Many discount what they're saying, when they scream and yell. Or dependent on how they dress.

It seems silly. But appearance DO matter.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    1 DRESS was listed

2 The few in BDU's / kits:

The main host actually received a threat before hand that (... part of why she got nervous, and Ill and didn't speak ...) But the guys in full gear wear all for MIL (and/or LEO) that volunteered to help out w/ event security in light of that and the higher profile speakers. They were the ONLY folks in gear like that.

Yes a few others had camo jackets, hats and such. I didnt' see anyone else 'all decked out' - why note this? I'm sitting in my office, professional engineer wearing a breathable grey camo'ed long sleeve shirt under my black INS golf polo. ... its normal attire for some. MOST were in what I'd call normal attire for an un predictable weather day in April where Mother nature couldn't decide what to throw at us. You see me "as I am" on the video there and in my interview w/ WISH TV. ...

3 Long guns - After the ruling in MASS and the City Council guy starting his resolution, is when I decided to bring my AR. I knew how I would be dressed and I also planned on the sign that it had attached (see prior post) ... because so many do not understand ... if we hide that normal folks own AR's - or that we carry (CC only when we do) or other such things; we let the only thing people know be what the news and entertainment media tell them.

We had 2 guidance things for the event on this:

and I added this ... to try to keep negative perceptions under control:

I know a few did this at the end - when they went to eat ... and they VERIFIED that it was OK w/ the restaurant before entering. which would be consistent and OK with that. Long ago men fired their rifles and muskets into the air before entering a building. ...

That's the official line on all this.

Also see the bottom quote in #486 of the thread. ...

Keep at it - we need us all. - doing all we can - and sometimes more. Like the minute men - militia and alarm listers in Concord.

I didn't understand #2. We (IMPD) were aware of the threats and were well prepared. We had plenty of uniformed LE on scene with units staged in reserve in case something popped off. What purpose did your "security" serve? If something did happen I fear they would be more hindrance than help.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I didn't understand #2. We (IMPD) were aware of the threats and were well prepared. We had plenty of uniformed LE on scene with units staged in reserve in case something popped off. What purpose did your "security" serve? If something did happen I fear they would be more hindrance than help.

I was not privy to all the details; you in fact may well know more than I (even as co-host) do. Some of what I know now - I learned after the fact. We've never had an issue before, though all past rallies were smaller I believe. The main host was nervous (because of the threats, is my guess) and one of the 2 (unarmed) medics stayed with her almost 100% of the time. They were also only there to back up LEO if needed; that is the extent. She is newer to Indiana (from "out west") and maybe experiences there led her ... but for what ever reason, she felt this was very important.

It was important enough to her to let it be; and I had other things to focus on. So I just didn't worry about it. Unlike some, I guess I wasn't worried about the 'who comes' dressed up or not ... other than the security guys ... I saw some camo items out there, a hat here, a jacket there. They guy up thread in the truck was the next most "camo'ed out" guy there that I saw.

Lots of guys had beards? Is that concern? really? If you read the Star FB post comment - apparently it is ... People need to grow up ...
    I almost wore by bright orange RWVA - Appleseed - IIT hat. Kelly could have called me a FUDD then. LOL

Curious to know your thoughts after working one of these - again - PM if you want - ... I better go clear my inbox a bit. almost out of room.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    We had threats made agaisnt us before the rally took place? What were they? It would be interesting to hear what the threats were...
    During the rally I did see someone kind of far behind us filming those of us at the event and he was walking a bit fast and didn't stop going after filming us. Tis man was probably doing some sort of recon work for the loony left lol... A lot of these leftist are pretty screwed up in the head and stuck living in some Bolshevik fantasyland...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    OK, TT, I have respect for you. You say, rallies do nothing and you also say that writing doesn't work either.

So, are we to sit on our hands and do nothing.

For the record I was against the counter protest, because I thought that confrontation from either side would be used against us. I was wrong and everything went smoothly, that time.

I wanted to attend the rally in Indy, but had another commitment I had to keep. (two grandsons B-day party)

I write letters, OC educate, talk to a lot of people and will put the next rally on my calendar as soon as it is announced. We need to be proactive in every way we can.

I think it would be more effective if we were to have a rally on a work day when the legislature was in session, but most of us are working people and we do not have the funds or ability to bus in paid protesters like Bloomberg and Soros do.

Thank you. Respect back for you as well.
    I also do have respect for ALL the people who showed up. Even if I dont agree with certain aspects. We dont all have to agree. We all obviously love our country and the 2nd amendment protects it.

I'm just speaking in anger sometimes. Writing letters does work. I write so many emails and letters and make so many phone calls, it truly gets frustrating thinking they dont care. I try to get others to do so also. Some do. Some I dont know of they do or not.
    Showing up in any capacity does work.
    Just like how well formed letters work better, my point was more to spark debate about how we can make rallys MORE effective I guess.
    What's the end goal? That's what I mean.
    I now wish I hadn't have took a post dump in this thread because I really shouldn't have detracted from a possitive. I'm just pissed like everyone else that freedom hating hypocrites think one right is more righteous than another or that they somehow matter enough to try and take someone elses right away.

I think if someone is posting in this thread or they attended the rally then they arent the problem. The problem are our fellow gun owners that do nothing. Some dont even vote. We need to shame them. There is no excuse.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We had threats made agaisnt us before the rally took place? What were they? It would be interesting to hear what the threats were...
    During the rally I did see someone kind of far behind us filming those of us at the event and he was walking a bit fast and didn't stop going after filming us. Tis man was probably doing some sort of recon work for the loony left lol... A lot of these leftist are pretty screwed up in the head and stuck living in some Bolshevik fantasyland...
    We were watching that guy quite closely.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No, you are right to disagree. My statement was wrong. I think we can do more though. It's up to smarter guys than me to figure out how. I just yell and throw ideas that pop into my head up on the blackboard

Well, I don't think there is any "one" solution.
    There usually never is.
    That's one of the problems the anti-s have. They think "ban guns" and BOOM, it's fixed.

It has to be a multi-approach.
    Letters to politicians, non-threatening letters I hope.
    Marches to show people it's not just the anti-s out there.
    Education of non-gunners, especially the youngsters.

And so on.

Top Bottom