• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thank you. Respect back for you as well.
    I also do have respect for ALL the people who showed up. Even if I dont agree with certain aspects. We dont all have to agree. We all obviously love our country and the 2nd amendment protects it.

I'm just speaking in anger sometimes. Writing letters does work. I write so many emails and letters and make so many phone calls, it truly gets frustrating thinking they dont care. I try to get others to do so also. Some do. Some I dont know of they do or not.
    Showing up in any capacity does work.
    Just like how well formed letters work better, my point was more to spark debate about how we can make rallys MORE effective I guess.
    What's the end goal? That's what I mean.
    I now wish I hadn't have took a post dump in this thread because I really shouldn't have detracted from a possitive. I'm just pissed like everyone else that freedom hating hypocrites think one right is more righteous than another or that they somehow matter enough to try and take someone elses right away.

I think if someone is posting in this thread or they attended the rally then they arent the problem. The problem are our fellow gun owners that do nothing. Some dont even vote. We need to shame them. There is no excuse.

No, you are right to disagree. My statement was wrong. I think we can do more though. It's up to smarter guys than me to figure out how. I just yell and throw ideas that pop into my head up on the blackboard

QFT ... cause as always ... i am out of rep.

Being involved is key.
    We need to do "all the things".
    emails letters calls
    Meet people interact
    Rallies
    polls and petitions
    Vote
    Train & educate on safety history and more
    Share knowledge
    Practice freedom ... err on the side of freedom
    So much more.

Do what you can.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, I don't think there is any "one" solution.
    There usually never is.
    That's one of the problems the anti-s have. They think "ban guns" and BOOM, it's fixed.

It has to be a multi-approach.
    Letters to politicians, non-threatening letters I hope.
    Marches to show people it's not just the anti-s out there.
    Education of non-gunners, especially the youngsters.

And so on.
    Definitely non threatening. That would suck to lose your freedom over threatening a slimeball politician.
    They love themselves and that's all that matters to most of them. That's why we are in this mess

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was not privy to all the details; you in fact may well know more than I (even as co-host) do. Some of what I know now - I learned after the fact. We've never had an issue before, though all past rallies were smaller I believe. The main host was nervous (because of the threats, is my guess) and one of the 2 (unarmed) medics stayed with her almost 100% of the time. They were also only there to back up LEO if needed; that is the extent. She is newer to Indiana (from "out west") and maybe experiences there led her ... but for what ever reason, she felt this was very important.

It was important enough to her to let it be; and I had other things to focus on. So I just didn't worry about it. Unlike some, I guess I wasn't worried about the 'who comes' dressed up or not ... other than the security guys ... I saw some camo items out there, a hat here, a jacket there. They guy up thread in the truck was the next most "camo'ed out" guy there that I saw.

Lots of guys had beards? Is that concern? really? If you read the Star FB post comment - apparently it is ... People need to grow up ...
    I almost wore by bright orange RWVA - Appleseed - IIT hat. Kelly could have called me a FUDD then. LOL

Curious to know your thoughts after working one of these - again - PM if you want - ... I better go clear my inbox a bit. almost out of room.
    I wore an INGO shirt, NRA hat and carried a Gadsden Flag as well as my Glock 26. You had a two-sided sign, a custom AR and a Glock so it would be hard to call you a Fudd, although I'd have to see the hat :laugh:

Reggie Jackson (Mr October, 563 career home runs) once said, "If they boo you, that means they know you." Ball players get booed, known 2A supporters get death threats. I guess that's how it is now. We know high-profile 2A supporters like Dana Loesch live with these threats, but evidently it's a lot closer to our level than we realize.

Edit: Beards?? Mine is quite distinguished. Grey? Distinguished?? Toe-MAY-Toe, Toe-MAH-Toe.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I was not privy to all the details; you in fact may well know more than I (even as co-host) do. Some of what I know now - I learned after the fact. We've never had an issue before, though all past rallies were smaller I believe. The main host was nervous (because of the threats, is my guess) and one of the 2 (unarmed) medics stayed with her almost 100% of the time. They were also only there to back up LEO if needed; that is the extent. She is newer to Indiana (from "out west") and maybe experiences there led her ... but for what ever reason, she felt this was very important.

It was important enough to her to let it be; and I had other things to focus on. So I just didn't worry about it. Unlike some, I guess I wasn't worried about the 'who comes' dressed up or not ... other than the security guys ... I saw some camo items out there, a hat here, a jacket there. They guy up thread in the truck was the next most "camo'ed out" guy there that I saw.

Lots of guys had beards? Is that concern? really? If you read the Star FB post comment - apparently it is ... People need to grow up ...
    I almost wore by bright orange RWVA - Appleseed - IIT hat. Kelly could have called me a FUDD then. LOL

Curious to know your thoughts after working one of these - again - PM if you want - ... I better go clear my inbox a bit. almost out of room.

Well , we never expected any issues with the rally supporters. We were on the watch for counter protesters and THAT was where any issues would arise. Our unit specializes in these types of event and kept a close eye on anyone that seemed to stick out. You will have a hard time finding my fellow officers that DON'T support this cause. We volunteered to work these because we actually LIKE the cause, even though we cannot take sides should we have to intervene. At our briefing, we were first told of the on-site private security team and we were a bit amused. That is a new concept with us at rallies/protests.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd be interested to see a pro-2A rally where everybody carried, were dressed smartly, nobody open carried, and all held signs that said "I'm armed." Not to knock the how 2A rallies typically look, but in most instances the people attending have a very rural/working class look. Well, who doesn't know that such people have guns? And these groups tend to protest wherever the seat of their govts are (urban places). People looking down from their office buildings see a lot of people from the "sticks" who they would (assumedly) believe they have nothing in common with. Sometime, if you flip the script a bit, you might catch some ears, and change some minds.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'd be interested to see a pro-2A rally where everybody carried, were dressed smartly, nobody open carried, and all held signs that said "I'm armed." Not to knock the how 2A rallies typically look, but in most instances the people attending have a very rural/working class look. Well, who doesn't know that such people have guns? And these groups tend to protest wherever the seat of their govts are (urban places). People looking down from their office buildings see a lot of people from the "sticks" who they would (assumedly) believe they have nothing in common with. Sometime, if you flip the script a bit, you might catch some ears, and change some minds.
    Break the stereotype.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A lot of people looking down from those buildings drive in from the sticks. A lot of people looking down from those buildings drive in from the hood. A smaller percentage drive in from wherever their mortgages and car payments are maxed for the show off effect. And an even smaller percentage are just filthy stinking rich (I'm not mad at ya).
    I'll always claim the sticks as my home. I dont live there anymore but the air is fresher and the handshakes are a little firmer

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Break the stereotype.

I was concealed carrying my Shield under a tshirt that said 'Engineer'. I thought about wearing a soccer shirt that had 'coach' across the back. or my swim club parent shirt.

I read somewhere to dress as you normally would...so I did. Wish I'd have brought my darn sweatshirt at times though!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A lot of people looking down from those buildings drive in from the sticks. A lot of people looking down from those buildings drive in from the hood. A smaller percentage drive in from wherever their mortgages and car payments are maxed for the show off effect. And an even smaller percentage are just filthy stinking rich (I'm not mad at ya).
    I'll always claim the sticks as my home. I dont live there anymore but the air is fresher and the handshakes are a little firmer

In the summer of 2002 I was coming home on leave from Eglin AFB in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Somewhere in south Alabama south of Montgomery on US 331 I saw a sign in a front yard. It was the kind of lighted sign sign you'd see in front of a grocery store with sale info. The message was very supportive of the Military, and had a couple words misspelled. At that moment I realized that these are the people you want on your side.

There are people from the sticks all over the country, including from 5 miles south of east fork White River. People who look down on them are fools. People from the sticks will be there for us when we need them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wow. I am a suburban, dockers and collared shirt kind of guy, and it disgusts me that you do not approve of rural folk.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

The trouble is - we're advocating for FREEDOM - so we have to let people have and exercise some of it.

Me? I was in a RED golf polo, with an appleseed T-Shirt under it (I expected cooler and rainier) ... my Appleseed Rifleman Hat (must earn it to buy it) ... and khaki cargo pants ...
    This is "going to work, going to church, going to the bar, going to a TV interview, 24/7" look for me ... I despise suits ...
    Even as an engineer - I'm a get in and get the job done - do what needs done guy. ...
    I hated doing Construction Observaton when I have to stand around.
    (and may have grabbed a shovel or rock a few times). At 25 yrs in to my (now Almost mostly despised) "Career" - I still pull all nighters if needed.
    I don't delegate more work than I'm willing to do myself. ... and I don't wear suits unless absolutely demanded ...

People are too impressed by appearances. ... "all that glitters is not gold, all those who wander are not lost"

Demanding people do what i want - or you want - isn't freedom - when we start getting that across - we're winning.

I do concur with your point to an extent - but as I said - HIDING that we are armed - doesn't win either. on its own.
    ... I could claim to be armed or unarmed ... the left will accuse of double standards
    (they are now!!! just cause we 'requested' unloaded guns - which I knew wouldn't fly if it was a demand).

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In the summer of 2002 I was coming home on leave from Eglin AFB in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Somewhere in south Alabama south of Montgomery on US 331 I saw a sign in a front yard. It was the kind of lighted sign sign you'd see in front of a grocery store with sale info. The message was very supportive of the Military, and had a couple words misspelled. At that moment I realized that these are the people you want on your side.

There are people from the sticks all over the country, including from 5 miles south of east fork White River. People who look down on them are fools. People from the sticks will be there for us when we need them.

Yep.
    If someone pays their taxes and is a productive member of society that doesn't cause violence in their community and they truly love America as the nation of laws and opportunity it is then I dont care where they come from or what color they are they are probably gonna have your back if you need it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was concealed carrying my Shield under a tshirt that said 'Engineer'. I thought about wearing a soccer shirt that had 'coach' across the back. or my swim club parent shirt.

I read somewhere to dress as you normally would...so I did. Wish I'd have brought my darn sweatshirt at times though!

Really?
    It was 70.
    Driving back home, it dropped 20 degrees in a few miles.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wow. I am a suburban, dockers and collared shirt kind of guy, and it disgusts me that you do not approve of rural folk.

sxgpkh.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The trouble is - we're advocating for FREEDOM - so we have to let people have and exercise some of it.

Me? I was in a RED golf polo, with an appleseed T-Shirt under it (I expected cooler and rainier) ... my Appleseed Rifleman Hat (must earn it to buy it) ... and khaki cargo pants ...
    This is "going to work, going to church, going to the bar, going to a TV interview, 24/7" look for me ... I despise suits ...
    Even as an engineer - I'm a get in and get the job done - do what needs done guy. ...
    I hated doing Construction Observaton when I have to stand around.
    (and may have grabbed a shovel or rock a few times). At 25 yrs in to my (now Almost mostly despised) "Career" - I still pull all nighters if needed.
    I don't delegate more work than I'm willing to do myself. ... and I don't wear suits unless absolutely demanded ...

People are too impressed by appearances. ... "all that glitters is not gold, all those who wander are not lost"

Demanding people do what i want - or you want - isn't freedom - when we start getting that across - we're winning.

I do concur with your point to an extent - but as I said - HIDING that we are armed - doesn't win either. on its own.
    ... I could claim to be armed or unarmed ... the left will accuse of double standards
    (they are now!!! just cause we 'requested' unloaded guns - which I knew wouldn't fly if it was a demand).

I'm just proposing the idea of sometimes attempting different methods to reach more ears.

Top Bottom