• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It's rare in this day and age to realize this. At least we have this medium to share information on the risks to our freedom. I agree with your assessment, we need more A1 people like you to get involved.

Well done. :)

I see what you did there:lol2:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I get the idea that people think that the physical appearance of the attendees makes a difference. I get the idea that if everyone was in business casual, neatly groomed, and no visible firearms that some people would find the whole event more appealing.

The thing is, this is about freedom and individual liberty. I think recommending a dress code and carry mode is fine, but when people choose to disregard it, it's part and parcel of liberty. Being free means some of us will not always act in ways that others believe is in our best interest. I don't think anyone who believes in the cause should be discouraged in any way from attending rallies just because of how they present themselves. If our message isn't strong enough so that such things don't matter, then our message simply isn't strong enough.

In fact, I think it would be disingenuous to have everyone dressed and groomed in a way that is considered to be "presentable." For a lot of people, that's just not who they are and it's essentially a lie to try to convey that none of wear camo all the time and that none of us are sloppy and that none of us have unpopular opinions that are not directly related to firearms rights. We have common elements, but the group who supports RKBA is diverse in every other way. We have to own that and if you can't be proud of it, at least accept it.

Actually I dont believe our message or the NRA's message is strong enough at all and I totaly agree with what you are saying.
    That's why I said, are we out for hearts and minds or are we out for TRULY defending liberty and drawing a line in the sand?
    I think a clear line in the sand is what the 2nd amendment is all about completely and I think that the message of the NRA and these rallys is watered down. You can say not one more damn inch and mean it and still be a good person and not violent. But we need to make it clear we arent backing down and thats all the NRA has been doing lately and still are on the background check BS lately

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I get the idea that people think that the physical appearance of the attendees makes a difference. I get the idea that if everyone was in business casual, neatly groomed, and no visible firearms that some people would find the whole event more appealing.

The thing is, this is about freedom and individual liberty. I think recommending a dress code and carry mode is fine, but when people choose to disregard it, it's part and parcel of liberty. Being free means some of us will not always act in ways that others believe is in our best interest. I don't think anyone who believes in the cause should be discouraged in any way from attending rallies just because of how they present themselves. If our message isn't strong enough so that such things don't matter, then our message simply isn't strong enough.

In fact, I think it would be disingenuous to have everyone dressed and groomed in a way that is considered to be "presentable." For a lot of people, that's just not who they are and it's essentially a lie to try to convey that none of wear camo all the time and that none of us are sloppy and that none of us have unpopular opinions that are not directly related to firearms rights. We have common elements, but the group who supports RKBA is diverse in every other way. We have to own that and if you can't be proud of it, at least accept it.

For some, I think, it's kind of like the way they feel about their own families. They're embarrassed by some of them. They don't look like their friends and/or their friends' friends and families and that embarrasses them. When the women's marches were going on, they had many women dressed up as vaginas for goodness sakes. That's about as kookie as be, as far as I'm concerned. Even worse than the camo-wearing, drop-leg holster, operator wanna-bes we have on our sides. But the left heralded these *****-hat, vagina-costumed weirdos. Our fringy types may not look like the soccer-mom, suburban types we want them to but they don't look any worse than theirs.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For some, I think, it's kind of like the way they feel about their own families. They're embarrassed by some of them. They don't look like their friends and/or their friends' friends and families and that embarrasses them. When the women's marches were going on, they had many women dressed up as vaginas for goodness sakes. That's about as kookie as be, as far as I'm concerned. Even worse than the camo-wearing, drop-leg holster, operator wanna-bes we have on our sides. But the left heralded these *****-hat, vagina-costumed weirdos. Our fringy types may not look like the soccer-mom, suburban types we want them to but they don't look any worse than theirs.

I'm gonna show up to theirs with a rope tied around my waist and a scuba mask on and a T-shirt that says world champion echo'er

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Excellent point GFGT. I'm out of rep again, I'll have to do it manually: +1 for vajayjay hat comparison.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Since, I am fairly direct, but not without compassion... It is time for all of us to get off of our fannies, and to wake up those under our influence to get off their fannies and get active and vocal. The republic is at steak.

I prefer mine to be Medium Rare.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    fixed silly HTML box / quote error /typo - whatever ... carry on.

Hey if any of you (CBH / others) have videos you can DL / send via you-tube w/ less background (generator) noise - or of early speakers ... send me a link. I want to break the live feed i have up - (or use better ones) - to make the presentations more shareable to everyone.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    BREAKING - PLEASE READ TO THE END AND SHARE.
    Note: We do not normally share breaking stories but this one is important - and verified:

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

BREAKING NEWS: Seventy-Two Killed Resisting Gun Confiscation In Massachusetts.

National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.

Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition late last year. This decision followed a meeting earlier this month between government and military leaders at which time the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of the banned arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition last September. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Concord met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Lt. Jesse Adair who is known to be bold and aggressive, ordered the armed group to surrender their military-style weapons and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, as the extremist group began to disband. The shot, from an unidentified source, was reported to sound like pistol fire or from over a hedge off in the distance.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange that initiated the events; the guard units report only a minor injury. Colonel Smith, commander of the government operation, finally arriving after being delayed and finding his forces acting without orders commanded them to stand down. Citizens then report that the National Guard units cheered and fired a victory volley, before continuing towards Concord.

Additional fighting continued at the North Bridge in Concord when government units were attempting to contain the para-military extremists. The guard units, who were removing parts of a local bridge, fired on another group of extremists as they approached. Casualties were reported on both sides at this exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. A local, who did not give a name said of the extremists: “We know these men, these are our neighbors. They are just merchants, farmers, and tradesmen.”

Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding no cache of weapons, and finding his elite units over-matched by the mass of armed citizenry; ordered the end of the operation. However, fighting continued as the government troops made their return to their base.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

And this fellow Americans, is only the beginning of how the American Revolutionary War began, April 19, 1775.

History. Study it, or repeat it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    [video=youtube;9KvAHzvVpCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KvAHzvVpCw[/video]

Hickok 45 is right, we need to have the numbers. We're fighting uphill not only against the antis (the mad moms always get the extreme close up shots to make it look like there's more than 25; and never get follow-up questions to ridiculous statements), the Fudds and the Butters. We need to put the boots on the street, that happened here.

Top Bottom