• Total voters

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Poll: 13% prefer meteor hitting Earth to Trump or Clinton as president

This is not The Onion.
    An actual polling company actually polled 853 actual registered voters to see whether they would rather vote for Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton or a giant meteor hitting the Earth.

So in the poll, 43% said they would vote for Clinton, 38% for Trump and 13% would break for the giant meteor.
    Seven percent were undecided.

See tongue-in-cheek campaign for the meteor here:

https://twitter.com/smod2016?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I'm for meteor, but only if a strange woman lying in a pond gives it a sword in a farcical aquatic ceremony.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    20160525_195448_zpseiknek7a.jpg

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I don't think HRC will be able to win Indiana no matter what. Trump will take this state. In addition, I'm wanting to see if the Libertarian party can get enough votes to garner actually getting air time, etc... for the next election. I also REALLY HATE both HRC and Trump. So based on those 3 beliefs, I'm going to be voting Libertarian. And I believe a LOT of other people will be as well. Seems like lots of Sanders supporters and people who just can't stand the R and D parties anymore are jumping on the Libertarian train... Time for some new parties to join in the big game. The R and D parties have worn out their welcome and no longer work for the people.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Throwing a stupid vote out because Indiana will "Go Republican for sure" is not a guarantee. You never know when we might need overwhelming numbers to justify something.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Throwing a stupid vote out because Indiana will "Go Republican for sure" is not a guarantee. You never know when we might need overwhelming numbers to justify something.
    I can't see an overwhelming number of people voting for Trump even in Indiana. I think he'll win Indiana easily because there are an awful lot of people who won't vote for Hillary.

An overwhelming number of people vote will vote for the kind of person that an overwhelming number of people like. You guys need to accept that Trump just isn't that guy.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Any vote cast for anyone you believe will be a disaster as president and harmful to our country is a stupid vote.

If you've fully bought into a specific candidate as great and blame his/her loss on others for voting their conscience because they disagree...the problem is not theirs and the candidate lost on the merits.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Any vote cast for anyone you believe will be a disaster as president and harmful to our country is a stupid vote.

Which is why I am still not likely to cast a vote. Even the least evil of the three choices on the ballot would be a disaster as president and harmful to our country. Disaster and harm are what the federal government is all about.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Which is why I am still not likely to cast a vote. Even the least evil of the three choices on the ballot would be a disaster as president and harmful to our country. Disaster and harm are what the federal government is all about.

Hillary appreciates you support. :yesway:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I try to refrain from posting in these types of discussions but, probably 98% of the posts in this thread are nothing more than personal opinion. Very hard to change someone's opinion on anything, but one thing is a fact. Barring any unforeseen but totally possible event happening, Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton will be the next President of the United States. If you choose not to vote for either of them please don't make a bigger mockery out of this by claiming to write in Oscar Meyer, Mickey Mouse, etc... Pick a person who could really serve as POTUS.

Another thing, and I guess this is personal opinion but, anyone who claims there isn't a shred of difference between Trump and Clinton is at best being disingenuous, and at worst being intellectually dishonest, or at uber worst being an ideologue. My overriding concern is the possible, and there could be several, Supreme Court Justice appointments in the next 4 years. Trump might be a somewhat unknown in that regard, but Clinton has shown what her preferences would be, and her preferences scare the **** out of me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom