Please be on the look out for a stolen shotgun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Heads up. My neighbor's house here in the Fountain Square area was broken into this morning while they were at church. Thieves made off with an Apple laptop and an older Winchester model 12 shotgun. It's a pump action with with wood furniture.
    We have reason to believe that stolen goods are currently located on the East side of Indy. (What a surprise.)
    So, I know it's a bit of a long shot, but if hear of the shot gun popping up please send me a message.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Post the serial number on here.
    Unfortunately I doubt a serial number is forthcoming. He didn't even remember what model it was. (He's not really a "gun guy") Only way he knew the model was that I'd downloaded a manual for it last year when he was asking for me for help on cleaning it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yup, without the S/N probably not much can be done. Photos with the gun if there's any distinctive markings, maybe. You need SOMETHING to distinguish it from every other Winchester out there.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    As others mentioned, it's always a good idea to have all your guns' serial numbers written down, with the list in a safe place.
    I have my list in multiple locations: desktop computer, both laptops, and sitting on the Yahoo! e-mail server, so I'll be able to get to it regardless of what may happen.
    Photos of each are also helpful.
    It's infuriating for some scumbag to steal a collector's item of a shotgun that's generally worth ~$500-$1200 who turns around and sells it for $100, if that. :xmad:

Top Bottom