PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Ya, you would have to read back a bit. He is making fun of our most recent shooter that almost deleted his whole posts. He deleted the text leaving only an “.“, or in one case an “@“.

When you see just . that is what happened.
    Ahhh, ok, that actually makes sense.

There was a guy here a couple years ago that would do that in a LOT of threads (can’t remember his name, but he had a cartoonish type avatar).

He had plenty of posts, might have even been a site supporter, but he would post “.” in all kinds of threads! It never made sense to me why anyone would bother doing that unless they were just post whoring.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

There was a guy here a couple years ago that would do that in a LOT of threads (can’t remember his name, but he had a cartoonish type avatar).

He had plenty of posts, might have even been a site supporter, but he would post “.” in all kinds of threads! It never made sense to me why anyone would bother doing that unless they were just post whoring.
    Sometimes posters mean as in done, the end, period when they post “.”

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

I believe once you leave a thread, you lose the ability to delete your post. But you can still edit, leaving . as the last, least evidence of your dumb statement. At least that’s my take on our latest shooter.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I believe once you leave a thread, you lose the ability to delete your post. But you can still edit, leaving . as the last, least evidence of your dumb statement. At least that’s my take on our latest shooter.
    Nope, I just left this thread, then came back in and deleted my previous post. I do know there's a time limit, although I don't know what the limit is.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Nope, I just left this thread, then came back in and deleted my previous post. I do know there's a time limit, although I don't know what the limit is.
    Yep, tried it myself, got same results. But at some point you do lose the ability, Don’t know the criteria, but it is a fact. Used to think it was if it was copied by someone. That’s not it either. And believe me I’ve tried to delete some dumb **** I’ve said. I was left with, . as my last resort.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

You might be thinking of Savage Eagle. He got into a dispute with management and started going back and deleting all of his posts and just leaving the period. They eliminated any editing for a long time after that.

Reactions: Mij
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom