• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Thank you all (mostly) for your answers.

I'm going to be wearing some lycra, then, I suppose.

And yes, 0800 is early. My wife isn't looking forward to rolling out of the homestead at 0715, that's for sure!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Whoa!

If you guys are wearing yoga pants, then stripping them off before you get down to business, I'm not so sure I want to be in the same state when all this happens.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    This was a good class. I think this kind of material is important. It is all too common for us gun-carrying folk to get wrapped up in the gun as a solution and fail to prepare for non-gun problems (which are 99.9999% or our problems). This class doesn't give all the answers, and it doesn't teach anyone how to fight. It does give a framework for understanding the lead-up to a physical fight, and some concepts about what to do when the fight does happen. Additional training is not only encouraged, but students are told it is required. There is no seminar you can go to and come out knowing how to prevail in a fight. Learning to work in tense situations and to fight is a skill that evolves slowly just like shooting proficiency. For some, I imagine this class is like going to the first shooting competition and seeing what a decent A class shooter can do with a pistol. This class gives students a much-needed taste of what a confrontation might really look like, what skills may be needed, and hopefully encourages further work in those areas.

Thanks to Mike and Josh for letting me come out. I was happy to use the car and to play in it a bit. I was also excited about getting a chance to roll with Josh. I assume he picked me for the more intense demo roll so it would be a more even match to illustrate his point (as opposed to iCP throttling himself, or steamrolling him), or maybe he just thought it would be fun to beat up on me :-). It was interesting to me because I never really work with anyone outside of the school I've been attending. When everyone I work with is coming up at the same rate, learning the same exact techniques, at the same time, it can be difficult to see improvement. Getting the chance to play a little with someone who has learned some of this stuff in a different way, from a different perspective, over a different timeline, and more or less being able to keep up helped me realize how far I've come since I took this class last year. I feel like I've come a long way since November.

I thought I wrote an AAR for this last fall, but I can't seem to find it. I guess I'll have to write one for this class. (I'm two AARs behind, and a few reports behind at work, but I'll get there.)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This was a good class. I think this kind of material is important. It is all too common for us gun-carrying folk to get wrapped up in the gun as a solution and fail to prepare for non-gun problems (which are 99.9999% or our problems). This class doesn't give all the answers, and it doesn't teach anyone how to fight. It does give a framework for understanding the lead-up to a physical fight, and some concepts about what to do when the fight does happen. Additional training is not only encouraged, but students are told it is required. There is no seminar you can go to and come out knowing how to prevail in a fight. Learning to work in tense situations and to fight is a skill that evolves slowly just like shooting proficiency. For some, I imagine this class is like going to the first shooting competition and seeing what a decent A class shooter can do with a pistol. This class gives students a much-needed taste of what a confrontation might really look like, what skills may be needed, and hopefully encourages further work in those areas.

Huge +1. I thought it was really cool to see the couples and father/son there today, and the way everyone participated and gave things a try. Truly excellent. What a great gift to give to yourself and to your spouse (speaking from the point of view of EITHER of the partners/genders) than something that will make your SO or child a little safer and a little more likely to come home to you.

Thanks to Josh and Mike for bringing this class to Indy again, to Jackson for bringing the car and his expertise, and most of all to all of the people who came out for this class and participated and made it a fun day. I'll probably comment more later when I have a full keyboard, but wanted to get this quick note out. Seriously, my hat is off to people who come out to training like this that's a little unknown, maybe a little outside your comfort zone, and jump in and participate. Outstanding.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I had to drag my wife to this class and we both left pumped up and excited!

I have to give special thanks to Chris, Josh, and Mike as they simply bent over backwards to put on the most kick ass class they possible could, I do not feel as though there is anything they could change to make it better and lord knows how I love to armchair quarterback...

The greatest thing about this class is that now my wife and I are looking for more training to take as well as work on our MUC and BJJ.

Thanks a million guys!!!

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It was a great class on Saturday. Thanks to Josh & Mike for putting on the class and thanks to ICP for the participation and help. Of course, thanks for Jackson bringing the car.
    Learned some good information regarding confrontations and still have plenty things to work on
    Stepped out of my comfort zone and got in the back seat of Jackson's car with ICP. What an experience.. I appreciate not getting my head ripped from my shoulders.

Fun day of learning with a good class of people.

Turf Doctor

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It was a great class on Saturday. Thanks to Josh & Mike for putting on the class and thanks to ICP for the participation and help. Of course, thanks for Jackson bringing the car.
    Learned some good information regarding confrontations and still have plenty things to work on
    Stepped out of my comfort zone and got in the back seat of Jackson's car with ICP. What an experience.. I appreciate not getting my head ripped from my shoulders.

Fun day of learning with a good class of people.

Turf Doctor

You should have known he might expect more on a first date than you're comfortable delivering. Heh.

Top Bottom