• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm always ready to discuss the statistical insignificance of OC gun grabs. :yesway:

The likelihood of an armed citizen actually using his/her firearm in a defensive situation is statistically insignificant.

I think I'll carry, anyway. Concealed, of course. I don't enjoy drawing unnecessary attention.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I never saw it coming! Too busy on my phone. :(

Hmmm, does this mean you are a chick?

Here is some info on this ( Update: A lot of traffic on the scanner but I believe the suspect is in custody )
    #HotCall Strong Armed Robbery: At Hobby Lobby. Known suspect took victims gun. Hobby Lobby was not robbed. Ex BF robbed his EX GF and took her gun.. one shot was fired in the parking lot. Hopefully there's nobody laying out under a car somewhere dead

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Here is some info on this ( Update: A lot of traffic on the scanner but I believe the suspect is in custody )
    #HotCall Strong Armed Robbery: At Hobby Lobby. Known suspect took victims gun. Hobby Lobby was not robbed. Ex BF robbed his EX GF and took her gun.. one shot was fired in the parking lot. Hopefully there's nobody laying out under a car somewhere dead
    :popcorn:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Printcraft in the movies.
    [video=youtube;v9-oHgRYPrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-oHgRYPrA[/video]

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    OK, here's a drill.
    Goblins just started kicking in your door. Because you wisely hardened your exterior doors (you did, didn't you) it will take them fifteen seconds to get into your house.
    That's how much time you have to get a gun in your hand, starting now.
    Did you make it?

In 15 seconds I can do better than "a" gun. Hell, 15 seconds is more than enough time for me to grab "a proper" gun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The few CC gun grabs I've had reported have all been from people that knew the victim personally or friend-of-a-friend. Generally a case of can't-shut-the-eff-up-ititis in person or online, the wrong person finds out they have a new gun, and they get set up. When you lose the element of surprise, and are generally outnumbered, good luck. The OC gun grabs have been accomplished either with an attack or threat from behind or by well coordinated multiple attacker approaches, with three being the most common, and at least two of the three visibly armed. I've posted them before, don't care enough to do so again, but to illustrate a guy was renovating his new house to rent out, OC, and was approached by 3 males from 3 different directions simultaneously. I don't know how you'd fight your way out of that.

I'm sure the vast majority of folks who OC never have a problem. For a variety of reasons, but the biggest one is they didn't run into anyone willing to confront or kill them for it. I've had about six successful OC gun grabs and they are all in a box that runs roughly 30th st to 46th st, Keystone to Post. The unsuccessful attempts...same box. All but one of the CC attempts, successful or not...same box. You can swim in a pool with a bloody pork chop around your neck your whole life and never have a problem. Might be different in the ocean, though.

Edited: Does not include gun grabs of iniformed security ir police.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't encounter too many OCers these days. But when I do, I'll make sure it is epic and post-worthy.

Looking forward to it. Next time I am mid state we can make an appointment and have some fun.

Edited: Does not include gun grabs of uniniformed security ir police.

BBI, FIFY

Last edited:
    Top Bottom