• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    From a week and a thousand posts ago:

Again, read my posts in this thread. You'll learn something.

Litter clean up? Fundraisers? To fund.... :dunno: I fail to see how any of these suggestions help to educate the public on their various rights or encourages people to get involved. So far I haven't learned anything from your posts except that you resent events like this. :dunno:

The more I ponder why there are so many who opposed this walk I have to wonder what their reasoning was.
    While pondering this, a discussion I had with my brother-in-law came to mind.
    He wanted to know why we wanted to educate others.
    He asked, "wouldn't you feel more comfortable being the only one with a gun"?

Maybe that is the motivation here of those who opposed the walk.
    Maybe they think, only they are qualified to own and carry a gun and any education of others is counter productive. :dunno:

Could be. Or it could be that they are very much against OC? I see a lot of people on this forum who are all for gun rights, but in the same breathe call for the destruction of other rights for those they disagree with. I think that has a lot to do with it. I could be wrong, but that's my observation.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think attendance was hurt by the day it was held. Many men are tied up toting around their womenfolk. A lot of people also travel the entire weekend. Those that were home, often avoid getting out on Black Friday, period. They don't like traffic or crowds. This is also the weekend that deer hunters get pretty serious as they are running out of time if they haven't gotten one yet. The put and take pheasant hunting is going on at the State areas. This is probably the highest attended day. Duck and goose hunters over the whole state are out hunting.

I also think that there are a LOT of people on this board like Hornady that do not want many people on the internet knowing them in real life.

Then the weather turned cold and may have dissuaded some people that were on the fence anyway.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I think attendance was hurt by the day it was held. Many men are tied up toting around their womenfolk. A lot of people also travel the entire weekend. Those that were home, often avoid getting out on Black Friday, period. They don't like traffic or crowds. This is also the weekend that deer hunters get pretty serious as they are running out of time if they haven't gotten one yet. The put and take pheasant hunting is going on at the State areas. This is probably the highest attended day. Duck and goose hunters over the whole state are out hunting.

I also think that there are a LOT of people on this board like Hornady that do not want many people on the internet knowing them in real life.

Then the weather turned cold and may have dissuaded some people that were on the fence anyway.

there was a lot of people at the gun show today, mostly men. :dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The thread on officer.com was about the OC walk on 11/01, there hasn't been a thread posted over there about today's walk. The meeting that SJ and IndyMonkey had with the representatives from IMPD and ISP guaranteed that there wasn't going to be a "confrontation", unless one of the walkers or an uninvolved person did something to necessitate one. I didn't take it personally, I just wanted to provide the definition of harassment, since it is sometimes improperly used. ;)

I'm glad the walk went well and without incident. I heard that the INGOers and the cops were on their best behavior. :yesway:

FYI:
    Actually, the original thread did mention the planning of today's walk, then went on to bash and "harrass" our own Liberty Sanders....

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't doubt that. There are just some I choose not to meet.

I gotta agree with IM on this one. You really can't judge people from their online persona. There are quite a few people that I have butted heads with on INGO, that I later met in person, and I get along quote well with them..

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Good on you all for doing this, and shamey shamey to all of the naysayers. You know who you are. The rcontinuous negative reaction of all you nervous nellies has been real disappointing to behold.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    If you see the Fox59 piece and don't think it's positive then I'm not sure you know what positive means

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I gotta agree with IM on this one. You really can't judge people from their online persona. There are quite a few people that I have butted heads with on INGO, that I later met in person, and I get along quote well with them..

I've read enough of a few people here's posts that I've got a pretty good bead on their character.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    One thing I got out of this is no matter any of the who, what, when, where, why and how...there are always going to be those that own guns themselves, anything someone else does to help the cause simply isn't good enough for them and since they do not agree with your approach, then it's all wrong and nothing good will come out of it. And even after nothing bad happens, they are still in denial and won't budge on their stance. They won't see the light even when it is shining in their eyes.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The fact that WRTV went from a negative smear piece originally, to a more balanced piece later, is a positive outcome all in itself...

There's that and the fact that no one shot at anyone. No one got arrested. People didn't run screaming in fear. A few people were educated on the gun laws and were very appreciative. If you want proof they were educated, you'll have to get the Fox59/RTV6 footage, run facial recog. software, and knock on their doors if our word isn't good enough.

Oh, yea, did I mention NO ONE'S fears that were expressed on this forum have come to light?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    One thing I got out of this is no matter any of the who, what, when, where, why and how...there are always going to be those that own guns themselves, anything someone else does to help the cause simply isn't good enough for them and since they do not agree with your approach, then it's all wrong and nothing good will come out of it. And even after nothing bad happens, they are still in denial and won't budge on their stance. They won't see the light even when it is shining in their eyes.

Yep.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Could somebody refresh my memory? Who was the INGO member who was in the process of starting his own website. I don't remember if it was going to be devoted to OC or just the 2nd amendment in general. I am thinking of doing some OC video blogging, though I would not tend to be as confrontational about it as some of the guys on youtube.

If you do some video blogging, I'd be happy to provide links from my site..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom