Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You ate-up OC people give the vast majority of legitimate, conscientious, and responsible gun owners and enthusiasts a bad name. You're baiting the police into action, and threaten litigation when they're simply doing their job. Walking downtown with an AK, AR, or MP5 around your neck is just not normal. It is behavior that realistically demands an appropriate police contact inquiring why the hell you have such a weapon in an urban area. Do you not watch the news? Active shooters in schools, colleges and workplaces? It would be a lot different if you had a shotgun or hunting rifle out in the country during hunting season. That's normal. Assault rifles downtown - not normal - get it?

I might be new here on this web site, but a three decades plus paid career in law enforcement qualifies me to have an opinion. I wouldn't still be on the job if I didn't have at least a modicum of common sense.

People have the 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms - a right that SHOULD be upheld. That doesn't make carrying long guns downtown a good idea. People have the right to free speech. That doesn't mean protesting war and yelling "the only good soldier is a dead soldier" at a military funeral is a good idea. You have the right to dive head-first in the shallow end....................get it?

Your arguments simply are not based upon good common sense. Perhaps the size of the weapon you carry is your compensation for lack of size elsewhere.

You are so right. Obviously these little twerps need some street justice dispensed. Just because its legal doesn't mean you guys should allow it. So give them a little roughing up, disarm them, lay them out on the ground and handcuff and teach them a lesson. I like how you always get the biggest guy in the group to lay on their heads. A big thumbs up on that one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    fox 59 news, watch it

I'm sorry to break this news to you, but the lack of an apparent negative does not make something positive.

Show us numbers of people who have contacted you about your organization. People who want to learn about guns, laws, groups and more events.

Oh, yea, did I mention NO ONE'S fears that were expressed on this forum have come to light?

As you mentioned, you can't possibly know that. The largest fear expressed was for how YOU represent US as gun owners. The only measurable figure is your supporters. That appears to be declining.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    If you do some video blogging, I'd be happy to provide links from my site..
    That is exactly the kind of thing I had in mind, thanks. If have your site bookmarked and I'll let you know if anything comes of the ideas I have rolling around in my head! At the very least I am going to try to come to one of the OC events and do a news cast style video of that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As you mentioned, you can't possibly know that. The largest fear expressed was for how YOU represent US as gun owners. The only measurable figure is your supporters. That appears to be declining.

Why, who was supportive and now are anti? Dude, I think its time to let go.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Your right bwframe a positive news story means nothing, you want to see how many people I reached the get off your ass and follow along behind me and take a poll, you are what's wrong with this country Mr. ****ing negative

I know I did a good thing today and no Nancy Negative will change my mind

Last edited:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    seriously guys,

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Really? Who? So far I've seen a LOT of people who were AGAINST this event become FOR the event. The only people who are still against it are the ones who were so before it started. I think you need to pass me whatever you're on so I can flush it. It's obviously not good for you. ;)

seriously guys,

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

I wouldn't call Burl a troll. He's just a little... disgruntled.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I registered on myrighttocarry.com

Can't wait to see where you take it. And like I said before, I wasn't totally against this. And next time I'm hoping to help out if there are different circumstances.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Show us numbers of people who have contacted you about your organization. People who want to learn about guns, laws, groups and more events.

I did suggest this in advance! Anybody got those numbers for me? My offer to put them into a nice spreadsheet still stands!

I'm glad this went well and received some media coverage. I really wanted to attend, but of course it was going on exactly during the time my uncle from out of state was meeting us for Thanksgiving lunch.

I attended the first OC Walk, which SavageEagle organized, back when I'd only been a member of INGO fora little more than a month and had only been a gun owner for a little less. I'll be watching out for the next Walk and will do all I can to attend.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok guys, if we're to the point of slinging personal insults then we've gone off track.

Please get back on track.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom