• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Just read the whole thread. A lot of people posted their concerns.

And how many of their concerns became reality?

We talked about notifying IMPD for all events we plan.

bwframe, those who questioned us were not planning on going. All the negative speculation and "the sky is falling" rhetoric did what is was designed to do, scare people away.
    We didn't push people away, they were scared away by those who thought this was a bad idea.
    Now that this walk is over, how can YOU make the next one better?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Could somebody refresh my memory? Who was the INGO member who was in the process of starting his own website. I don't remember if it was going to be devoted to OC or just the 2nd amendment in general. I am thinking of doing some OC video blogging, though I would not tend to be as confrontational about it as some of the guys on youtube.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    bwframe,
    Now that this walk is over, how can YOU make the next one better?

It's spelled out very clearly in my posts in this thread. Read 'em.

While you're at it, go back and read your own posts and those of the others who choose to berate fellow gun owners. The "with us or agin' us" attitude ain't workin'.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

While you're at it, go back and read your own posts and those of the others who choose to berate fellow gun owners. The "with us or agin' us" attitude ain't workin'.

You didn't offer help before, you aren't now.

Do you have anything to offer, besides criticism?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Or maybe the organizers and participants need to take a good hard look in the mirror!

- 1200+ posts to many thousand friendlies on INGO to sell your "protest."
    - Who knows how many posts on other forums?
    - Hourly news broadcasts for days on WIBC inviting others to join in.
    - Even the negative WRTV report should have drawn support

Why did none of this work for any more than a tiny handful? Because respect is earned. You did not earn it.

You pushed people away and continue to do so with your negative and immature approach to those who dare to question you.

Yup. It's all us berating everyone else. That's why people didn't come. The only berating we did was trying to understand why people are DOING something. I seem to recall a bunch of people saying the do do stuff like Shooting events and competitions, Appleseeds, etc. But that only works with gun owners. That has NOTHING to do with non-gun owners. How is everyone else educating non-gun owners? What are you guys doing to make sure guns aren't seen as "the devil" by people who don't own them? Writing your politicians is not "Doing Something" either. Anyone can write a letter. No politician ever really reads them. And when they do, it doesn't matter since they have their minds made up.

Also, please tell me what helpful advice you gave cause all I saw was you shouldn't do this or shouldn't do that because you'll offend someone. :dunno: Maybe you can sum it up for me as Que did. :thumbsup:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Could somebody refresh my memory? Who was the INGO member who was in the process of starting his own website. I don't remember if it was going to be devoted to OC or just the 2nd amendment in general. I am thinking of doing some OC video blogging, though I would not tend to be as confrontational about it as some of the guys on youtube.

My Right To Carry | A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. got a lot of work to do before it is of any value...but I'm working on it. :yesway:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Also, please tell me what helpful advice you gave cause all I saw was you shouldn't do this or shouldn't do that because you'll offend someone. :dunno: Maybe you can sum it up for me as Que did. :thumbsup:

From a week and a thousand posts ago:
    ...Shock and fear is not the way. Nothing positive can come from this. Save for some to think they will turn into Internet heroes.

You want to be positive and educate, then be positive and educate.
    Start your organization
    Do positive events that benefit the community, litter clean up, fundraisers, etc.
    Contact the media yourself with someone who represents well and gets their attention.

Again, read my posts in this thread. You'll learn something.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    The more I ponder why there are so many who opposed this walk I have to wonder what their reasoning was.
    While pondering this, a discussion I had with my brother-in-law came to mind.
    He wanted to know why we wanted to educate others.
    He asked, "wouldn't you feel more comfortable being the only one with a gun"?

Maybe that is the motivation here of those who opposed the walk.
    Maybe they think, only they are qualified to own and carry a gun and any education of others is counter productive. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom