NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    anyone have knowledge of mini splits? planning to add one to my detached garage/shop. I found the one I wanna go with based on research, senville 18000btu and I have the electrician that can install, does the location of the outside unit (condenser) play a big part? the best inside location is a west wall and that leaves the unit outside in direct afternoon sunlight, I can shade it with a fence or something I suppose but didn't know if that's necessary.
    Shade is not necessary. The length of the required lineset will matter. So no, is the answer, it just needs to be within the range of distance specified; not too close, not too far. Don't coil it either to take up lengths. As for sizing, size it correctly. All over sizing does is cause short-cycling which can cause it's own issues and in the long term does not do you any favors.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Shade is not necessary. The length of the required lineset will matter. So no, is the answer, it just needs to be within the range of distance specified; not too close, not too far. Don't coil it either to take up lengths. As for sizing, size it correctly. All over sizing does is cause short-cycling which can cause it's own issues and in the long term does not do you any favors.
    thanks, it's a 800sf shop insulated pretty well so that's senville's size recommendation. i just need the shortest hose set, unit outside will be pretty much directly outside of unit inside.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    anyone have knowledge of mini splits? planning to add one to my detached garage/shop. I found the one I wanna go with based on research, senville 18000btu and I have the electrician that can install, does the location of the outside unit (condenser) play a big part? the best inside location is a west wall and that leaves the unit outside in direct afternoon sunlight, I can shade it with a fence or something I suppose but didn't know if that's necessary.
    So I got the mr cool diy kit….. and it is crap. Doesn’t heat when it is “too cold” out. And the ac could easily be surpassed by a window unit. Don’t know much of the other styles / brands.it was installed by a pro so installation is not the shortcoming

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    So I got the mr cool diy kit….. and it is crap. Doesn’t heat when it is “too cold” out. And the ac could easily be surpassed by a window unit. Don’t know much of the other styles / brands.it was installed by a pro so installation is not the shortcoming
    too small of a unit? :lmfao:
    no insulation?
    the reviews i saw on mr cool were sketchy at best, but I think a lot of the problems were caused by the diy installer.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    too small of a unit? :lmfao:
    no insulation?
    the reviews i saw on mr cool were sketchy at best, but I think a lot of the problems were caused by the diy installer.
    The not working when it is cold I an equipment issue the unit wont function under a certain outdoor temp….. the unit is larger than what we were told we needed bumped it up one size

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    I set both units, upstairs and downstairs, on FP, freeze protection, all winter. They kept the rooms above 45 degrees all winter, usually around 52.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Curious question to our resident Printer person. Does the name of your shop have something to do with Minute Men and did you deliver today to a Health and Wellness location in CP? (If so, I was very impressed on how quick you got in and out!)

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Curious question to our resident Printer person. Does the name of your shop have something to do with Minute Men and did you deliver today to a Health and Wellness location in CP? (If so, I was very impressed on how quick you got in and out!)

My shop IS Minuteman Press in Schererville, but there's another Minuteman in CP (an independent printer that just became a Minuteman franchise), or there's another one in Portage.

My wife did a mailing in CP today, and had one other stop, but I don't know where. If it was a male delivery guy, then it was the other Minuteman, or the one in Portage. Quite a bit of overlap in our customer bases.

I'm using the term "male" in the generic sense here, as I realize that sex is not either/or nowadays, but rather a spectrum. :@ya:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Fireplace is going again….. even more annoying now since I don’t want to bring up excess wood so I’m bringing it from the back so I don’t end up with a stack of wood on my deck. First year with this next year when I think I’m done……. I will bring up one more load lol

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’ve got a Mr.Cool 20,000 btu split system in my oversized two car garage, man-cave, reloading center. I had it professionally installed and could not be happier. It puts out the heat and cold as needed. Before this unit I could not even use area of my house year round. Very easy to use with a full function remote control. Best investment I’ve made in this environment ever!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I’ve got a Mr.Cool 20,000 btu split system in my oversized two car garage, man-cave, reloading center. I had it professionally installed and could not be happier. It puts out the heat and cold as needed. Before this unit I could not even use area of my house year round. Very easy to use with a full function remote control. Best investment I’ve made in this environment ever!
    but..but... u r in Carmel.
    That is NOT indiana.

;)

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Judging by all the happy customers of the splits……. I am wondering where mine went wrong. Mine said right on it that it wouldn’t work if below x degrees….. and I thought…. No way a heater won’t heat lol I was wrong.

so I will assume it is my specific unit that is just bad from the start… or I got a lemon.

Top Bottom