• ...and so much more!
  • Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Bought her new in April of '07 and have no reason to change. Had normal maintenace, struts, factory reman trans and the whiney rear end rebuilt. Getting cancer though.

thumbnail (7).jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My wife just bought a 22 Silverado RST/Z71 with the baby Duramax. It gets like 29mpg you would never know it’s a diesel. It’s quite and smooth.

She got it at invoice $ with $500 year end clearance $500 Holiday clearance $500 military discount $1000 Costco member discount

So I assume the crazy price’s are about over?
    As long as the invoice price wasn't jacked.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I bought my truck in may of 2020, I assumed prices would be trending downward, I was kinda wrong at that point in time, they were pretty steady, paid $22,000 for a 2015 F-150 lariat, had just a tick over 100,000 miles and in wonderful condition. Several months later the dealer is emailing me wanting to buy my truck and offering a new truck for less money. I found that really odd so I started looking at used trucks with roughly the same mileage and I was blown away that some had gone up over $10,000!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd buy the one with the features I wanted first and foremost. Settling generally means spending more in the long run when you end up selling it and buying what you actually wanted in the first place.
    Maybe even features you think you don’t want. I didn’t think I wanted the winter package (remote start and heated seats/steering wheel among other things). I have both in my Silverado. Now after a few cold mornings, I kinda wish I would have gotten the heated seats.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe even features you think you don’t want. I didn’t think I wanted the winter package (remote start and heated seats/steering wheel among other things). I have both in my Silverado. Now after a few cold mornings, I kinda wish I would have gotten the heated seats.

Cloth seats, I don't care if they are heated or not.

Leather seats, I want heated. And now I've got ventilated ball chiller seats as well, though I haven't tried it out yet.

First time for me having a heated steering wheel and it's real nice. I can see someone with serious arthritis really enjoying it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Heated seats creep me out. DoggyMama likes them in her minivan. To me they're like going into a public restroom and sitting down and finding the seat is still warm. :nailbite:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Leather seats, I want heated. And now I've got ventilated ball chiller seats as well, though I haven't tried it out yet.

First time for me having a heated steering wheel and it's real nice. I can see someone with serious arthritis really enjoying it.
    On a hot day those ventilated seats do help.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Love the heated steering wheel in my Silverado. I didn’t think I would care. I didn’t want that feature, but the truck on the lot I wanted had that and a few other features I didn’t want. On the new vehicle I miss it. But I ordered that.

When ordering, I couldn’t bring myself to justify it. $1100 for that package. But honestly, if they’d have had what I wanted on the lot, but it had the “winter” package, I’d probably have bought it anyway. Weird how the psychology works.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Heated seats creep me out. DoggyMama likes them in her minivan. To me they're like going into a public restroom and sitting down and finding the seat is still warm. :nailbite:
    Cold leather + cold steering wheel + cold me = damn cold me. The seats in the Silverado warm pretty quickly, as does the steering wheel. Warms really cold hands fast.

What I find really helpful, my wife is going through menopause, and gets hot flashes. The truck has split climate control, but she’ll turn her side down all the way. The split heating can’t seem to figure out how to make me toasty warm while blowing cold air on her. So that makes the air coming out on my side not warm enough for me. Heated seats and steering wheel solves that. She can have her side as cold as she wants and I don’t care. I’m toasty.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Once you have a vehicle with all the creature comforts and features (heated and ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, 360 camera and the panoramic roof), you'll find it hard to go back to a vehicle without it.

Especially if you spend a fair amount of time in your vehicle every week...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Love the heated steering wheel in my Silverado. I didn’t think I would care. I didn’t want that feature, but the truck on the lot I wanted had that and a few other features I didn’t want. On the new vehicle I miss it. But I ordered that.

When ordering, I couldn’t bring myself to justify it. $1100 for that package. But honestly, if they’d have had what I wanted on the lot, but it had the “winter” package, I’d probably have bought it anyway. Weird how the psychology works.
    But $1100 is only 2% on a $50K vehicle. Come on! Don’t cheap out now.

(You don’t want me to go car shopping with you.)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Cold leather + cold steering wheel + cold me = damn cold me. The seats in the Silverado warm pretty quickly, as does the steering wheel. Warms really cold hands fast.

What I find really helpful, my wife is going through menopause, and gets hot flashes. The truck has split climate control, but she’ll turn her side down all the way. The split heating can’t seem to figure out how to make me toasty warm while blowing cold air on her. So that makes the air coming out on my side not warm enough for me. Heated seats and steering wheel solves that. She can have her side as cold as she wants and I don’t care. I’m toasty.
    I have the opposite problem. Even in the dead of winter, I at least have my window down a couple of inches. If DoggyMama is riding with me, she blasts the heater on high. I have to turn the vents off on my side or else I feel like I'm smothering.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have the opposite problem. Even in the dead of winter, I at least have my window down a couple of inches. If DoggyMama is riding with me, she blasts the heater on high. I have to turn the vents off on my side or else I feel like I'm smothering.
    Get heated seats on her side. Problem solved.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My wife just bought a 22 Silverado RST/Z71 with the baby Duramax. It gets like 29mpg you would never know it’s a diesel. It’s quite and smooth.

She got it at invoice $ with $500 year end clearance $500 Holiday clearance $500 military discount $1000 Costco member discount

So I assume the crazy price’s are about over?
    This is the exact truck I was looking at, but maybe the gmc at4 depending on what I find. How does she like it?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    But worth the money? That’s what I have a hard time justifying. I’m used to driving smaller cars, but it’s time to get a big boy vehicle for big boy stuff…
    I bought a new GMC in 2020. My old truck is 20 years old now and my youngest son is driving it. Is it worth it? The money I paid for the new truck is probably 2x, maybe more than what I paid for the new truck in 2003. Is it 2x as good? I’d say yes. So far, I have not had to have the truck back to the dealer for a single warranty issue. This truck has been about as close to perfect as I could ever imagine. The 2003 truck was nicely equipped. It wasn’t top of the line but had some nice options. The new one was a step up in trim level (still not top of the line). The fit, finish, and features blow the 2003 version away.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    She loves it !
    It‘s the smoothest pick up I have ever driven. It’s smoother than the 2011 Escalade she traded in.

You would never even know it’s a diesel engine very quite. Tons of low end power with the ten speed trans it rarely gets over 2200rpm.

It gets about 26-27 around town and 29-30 hwy. I recommend the RST with the Z71 package you get a well equipped truck that is also off road capable.

I like the trail boss but the price is outta line with what you get IMO. The 6.2 is a thirsty engine my wife’s Escalade had the 6.2 and got about 12mpg city and 16mpg hwy.

Top Bottom