• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Yep, the used car market is heading down, if you can wait it out.

Having a decent trade it can become a wash though...

Did someone say Delmonico Red?

Top is my previous '19 Laramie... bottom is the current '19 Limited...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230202_171858_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20230202_171858_Gallery.jpg
      922.4 KB · Views: 8

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, the used car market is heading down, if you can wait it out.

Having a decent trade it can become a wash though...

Did someone say Delmonico Red?

Top is my previous '19 Laramie... bottom is the current '19 Limited...
    iu

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    What main website? This made it sound like you intended to post pics: "Top is my previous '19 Laramie... bottom is the current '19 Limited..." :):
    Yes....tapatalk would not upload the picture....I had to go to ingo.com to post the pic.... haven't had that issue before...

Go back and look at my post now...

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    been looking for a Tacoma for 2-3yrs i gave up once used ones with 60k miles were going for 50k….. just looked and looks like they are definitely coming down

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Just talked to my coworker who bought the Bronco. This was his first ever new vehicle and first time he had gotten over $500 for his previous vehicle. He always bought used and drove them until they were basically dead.
    Those hard top broncos…. Are a good looking machine… bronco sport is …….. not.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Used prices are obviously better in a private sale than looking at the used car lots. There is a guy down the road from me that always has seems to have a truck for sale in his front yard priced from between $3900 - $4500.

One day it's a blue truck. Then blue truck is gone. A few days later, there's a red truck. Then white, then green. Lather, rinse repeat. A lot of them are late 90s-early 2000s Fords.

I'm not sure where he's getting them, but he seems to have no trouble turning them over. I've seen probably six different trucks out there over the past year or so.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Used prices are obviously better in a private sale than looking at the used car lots. There is a guy down the road from me that always has seems to have a truck for sale in his front yard priced from between $3900 - $4500.

One day it's a blue truck. Then blue truck is gone. A few days later, there's a red truck. Then white, then green. Lather, rinse repeat. A lot of them are late 90s-early 2000s Fords.

I'm not sure where he's getting them, but he seems to have no trouble turning them over. I've seen probably six different trucks out there over the past year or so.
    He's just repainting the same truck, hoping he will find a color someone wants. :lmfao:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some of the OEM’s have increased dealer lots inventory by over 40% from not too long ago. More new cars on lots will push used prices down

People with cash may reap the rewards, but people who finance may not see as much of a difference with lower prices but higher interest rates vs yesterday's prices but lower rates.

Peeking at my old saved searches, the sorts of trucks I was looking at appear to have only increased in price over the last 4 months.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I just got a new 2022 Colorado ZR2 a couple weeks ago. I was able to get it for less money than a used 2021-2022 on a lot anywhere close to me. There are rebates and incentives around but are still a bit hard to fine. I did drive an hour and a half to get that deal but so what. I’m not a used vehicle guy, especially with all the flooding in the south lately. Another thing to look out for used is all the Canadian used vehicles. Warranty issues and rust to say the least.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I just got a new 2022 Colorado ZR2 a couple weeks ago. I was able to get it for less money than a used 2021-2022 on a lot anywhere close to me. There are rebates and incentives around but are still a bit hard to fine. I did drive an hour and a half to get that deal but so what. I’m not a used vehicle guy, especially with all the flooding in the south lately. Another thing to look out for used is all the Canadian used vehicles. Warranty issues and rust to say the least.
    I almost pulled the trigger on a 22 Colorado Z71 a couple days ago.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    2 years ago I bought a 2015 RAM 1500 Tradesmen 4x4 off lease for $13k and that was just before the market went through the roof. A year later the dealer called me and asked if I would sell it back to him for $3k over what I paid for it. No way because I knew that replace it with another truck would cost me at least $20k for what I need around the farm.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

L C H

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2022
    Bedford
    I went a slightly different route last summer.

I bought a 2014 Ram 4x4 from the state of Kentucky at auction. Good body and interior condition, clean underneath, but had high miles and the cam and lifter tick those hemi motors are notorious for.

20220615_191855_HDR.jpg

I got the truck for $3500, then spent about $8k for a Jasper motor installed by my local mechanic.

20220701_180415_HDR.jpg

End result was a clean truck with a new warrantied engine for a little less than I would have paid for one with similar mileage off a lot.

20221002100054_IMG_0912.JPG

I guess the tranny or some other major component could give out tomorrow, but for now it seems like it was a good decision.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I needed something bigger than my old car. I was thinking about going back to a truck, but my daughter had recently got a Suburban. (I had to co-sign) It's a 2014 4x4 with all the bells & whistles. Very nice, and after signing for her to get a nicer vehicle than I ever had... I wanted one too... lol. Found one that looked just like it. (2011) One difference... base model, 2 wheel drive, and zero options. Damn. However, whoever had it since 2011 had put some money into it. They added the factory 20" wheels, and leather seats, so it LOOKED like the fancy LTD model. I'm building a Jeep anyway, so I'll have a 4x4 once it's done. I snatched it up. Payment is way cheaper than a new truck. (even cheaper than my daughter's... lol) The thing is heavy enough that's it's handled what snow we've got so far this year very well. I needed to make it look a bit different than hers though. Can't have two identical trucks in the family, so I put some stickers on it. They're reminiscent of the 454SS that Chevy put out in the early 90s that I always thought looked sharp.

Cheaper than new.
    Just as dependable in my book, and I like the styling better.
    Seems every time they change the styling... it's gets more ugly.
    Put a Diablo tuner in it too. Really wakes it up.

The VFW signs are magnets. (I'm a VFW Commander)
    This photo was taken at the Veterans Day Service.
    IMG_E2890.JPG

Top Bottom