• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ridgeline and Maverick I'd say compete in the same space of compact trucks. As "trucks", they have the least payload, room, tow capacity. So fewer things you can do with it.
    I have been considering getting a Maverick for the last year or so, but every time I go to order one, Ford is backed up and not accepting new orders. I finally sold my F-150 super cab 4x4 last year because I never drove it (14 mpg average) and I bought and sold it at the right time so I made a killing selling it when prices were at their highest.

I live out in the country so a trip to the grocery store for me is about 25 miles, so I am thinking of getting a hybrid because those little Mavericks are getting around 40 miles to the gallon. I always liked the little Rangers and S-10 trucks back in the day, and I think Ford is trying to recapture the magic of those small trucks.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I have been considering getting a Maverick for the last year or so, but every time I go to order one, Ford is backed up and not accepting new orders.
    Same here, but they have some mechanical issues.
    The small truck segment is something I am interested in for a couple of reasons, fuel economy being one, comfort being the other.
    I know the six speed versions of the Ridgeline had transmission issues, my hopes are that the 10 speed version solves that.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Usmccookie, I think so but we're all going to bitch about the price of a new truck
    GFGT, my GMC is a 2020 also, and I feel the same way
    I could not believe what I paid for my new 2000 F250 Lariat CCSB 4WD. Then I could not believe what I paid for my new 2016 F350 Lariat CCSB 4 WD, about 2X the 2000 price in 16 years. But now the 2023 are dang near 2X the 2016 price in only 7 years. Owning a nice new truck with a few luxuries is getting out of reach for the average working man. Hope I get 16 years out of the 2016.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Several years ago I got a 2012 2500hd 4x4 extended cab for 10,900 last year was offered 15000 from a dealer. I almost sold it but when I saw prices to replace it I almost fell over.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    What are you going to do with it and what is "big boy stuff" to you? I test drove and crawled around and under all the major off road oriented trucks last year and may be able to offer some advice.
    Light trailer use, nothing heavy. I work construction, so tools, material and ladders.

Not much off-road use, mostly worried about potholes and driving/parking in unusual spots. Some light farm work. If I go with it off-road package, I might look for excuses to take it places but 3 kids means it’ll be kept to light stuff

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Light trailer use, nothing heavy. I work construction, so tools, material and ladders.

Not much off-road use, mostly worried about potholes and driving/parking in unusual spots. Some light farm work. If I go with it off-road package, I might look for excuses to take it places but 3 kids means it’ll be kept to light stuff

Then pretty much any of the options will work for that. I found the Ram to have the most comfortable interior, but none of them were objectionable. GM's newest interior is pretty swanky but I didn't like the ergonomics as much. While both are acceptable, I think GM did a better job with the transmission tuning on their 10 speed than Ford did. Ford seems to hunt gears a bit more and is more jerky on sudden deceleration (like merging from an off ramp at speed to get into a gap then letting off, it's more jerky than the same with the GM). Ram's 8 speed is a very proven transmission with excellent tuning.

I did not drive any foreign makes, there was no Tundra nearby with a trim package I was interested in.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    I bought a lightly used '89 Chevrolet C2500 Silverado Long Bed in 1996, for $8,500. It had literally been up on blocks for five years, with only 15,000 miles on the clock (an older gentleman bought it to pull their travel trailer; he subsequently broke a hip, and they bought a motor home to replace and put the Silverado in the garage, on stands).

I still drive it daily. But it's had a few issues over the years; I smoked the engine one afternoon ( a heater hose let go while I was out on the interstate and had no clue until the temp gauged pegged itself); new crate engine (installed) $4,600. Tranny wouldn't go into reverse; tranny rebuild $2,100. Had it repainted: $2,400. Windshield(s), side window replaced, etc. I haven't spent anywhere near the cost of a new truck on it.

But over all... nothing I could buy, now, would come close to the truck it is. Almost a 'classic' now.

1675631737242.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I could not believe what I paid for my new 2000 F250 Lariat CCSB 4WD. Then I could not believe what I paid for my new 2016 F350 Lariat CCSB 4 WD, about 2X the 2000 price in 16 years. But now the 2023 are dang near 2X the 2016 price in only 7 years. Owning a nice new truck with a few luxuries is getting out of reach for the average working man. Hope I get 16 years out of the 2016.
    That’s a pretty good way to judge the times. How many yeas ago was what you bought half the price? Or, how many years does it take for the price to double.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If we're driving her van, then she's got that. Not an option in my car.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    In other hilarity, GM will not let me use my GM Card points on a CPO even though the site says you can because my card is "Old and Grandfathered" and they don't offer "that" card anymore. ? What the ever loving F.

Top Bottom