New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    This is pretty much where I’m at. They don’t seem to understand, or are willfully choosing to ignore, that the Constitution doesn’t limit what I can do, but limits what the .gov can do to me.

Just to clarify, the order was put into place late on a Friday. The following Tuesday, early, a Biden judge put a stay on it, so technically the ban was in place for 3.5 days. Nobody changed anything I doubt. But the idea of a $5000.00 fine was bandied about. All law enforcement came out with this is unconstitutional and we will not enforce it except the NM State Patrol, which is under direct control of the governor. No word either way from them, that I’ve seen.

Does everybody remember how the courts jumped in immediately and stopped the .gov from attempting to stop you from leaving your home, or attending the church of your choice, along with several other mandates. All under a health order. Me neither. They got away with that for almost three years here. That worked so well she thought she would try it with guns. While I disagree entirely with the idea, I’m less sure that she might not get away with it, at least for way longer than she should. Which would be about 20 seconds.

The following Friday, late again she amended the order to only include parks and playgrounds where children could be expected to be. Unclear if that’s only P & P or ANYWHERE children could be expected to be? Again on the following Tuesday the same judge upheld this order saying something (my paraphrase as I understand it) like since schools playgrounds are protected places it’s not too far of a reach to think public playgrounds could also be protected places, and upheld that order until the six lawsuits against this work their way thru the system. Not sure when the last time a State Patrol officer was actually in a park or playground on duty? This order was just extended for another 30 days, until December 1st. I fully expect her to keep extending it forever, unless she’s stopped.

Before it’s asked, I’m a member of both GOA and NMSSA. (New Mexico Shooting Sports Association.
    I really encourage beating this horse till its done. See post linked below.

Write opinion pieces for every little paper and web site you can find which are relevant.

Pound on the violation of Rights by the governor, and point out the Right you care about may be next.

Expose the AUSA's utter disdain for protecting citizens Rights, and point out if he won't protect the 2nd what makes the States citizens believe he will protect any of the others?

Get associations and like minded groups to execute a letter Writing campaign with public visibility.

The wench needs frog walked out of the Governor's mansion. Do everything you can to publicly embarrass her and those who won't take action against her.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “She is expecting legal challenges”

If someone is willingly and knowingly stripping constitutional rights, they should be removed from office inmediately. She knows she will face legal consequences and remain in her position. What sense does it make to allow someone to strip peoples rights away for an amount of time when she knows it will be reinstated, but for 30 days citizens did not have their constitutional right to bear arms.

We allow this. We get on forums and bitch. We sit around the dinner table and bitch. We tell our coworkers and friends. But at the end of the day, she remains uninterrupted in her position, and citizens were stripped of their rights.

We continue to watch the constitution be a suggestion for politicians. It is no longer a rule they must abide by, it is now a document that they find ways to go around. Start locking them in prison and removing them from office when it is blatant.
    Constituents of elected tyrant leaders have an obligation remedy that in a democracy. I'm not her constituent. What do you propose?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Constituents of elected tyrant leaders have an obligation remedy that in a democracy. I'm not her constituent. What do you propose?
    Contituent matters not if they are blatantly in defiance of constitutional rights.

My proposal is an agency that ACTUALLY works for the people and removes and imprisons any politicians that knowingly and willingly defy the rights within the constitution. No more of this “i know itll be overturned in court but…” bs. If you know itll be overturned, then you know what youre doing is wrong. Premeditated tyranny

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    My proposal is an agency that ACTUALLY works for the people and removes and imprisons any politicians that knowingly and
    That is supposed to be the DOJ and the State AUSA. That is why early on I wrote to the New Mexico AUSA to demand he charge the Governor with Deprivation of Rights under color of law.

The fact that did not occur should tell you all that you need to know about your Federal government.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Contituent matters not if they are blatantly in defiance of constitutional rights.

My proposal is an agency that ACTUALLY works for the people and removes and imprisons any politicians that knowingly and willingly defy the rights within the constitution. No more of this “i know itll be overturned in court but…” bs. If you know itll be overturned, then you know what youre doing is wrong. Premeditated tyranny
    I’m talking about what is. You’re making an ought arguments, which I agree with.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’m talking about what is. You’re making an ought arguments, which I agree with.
    Hm. Thats tough really. There isnt a lot you can do without being put in cuffs or on a list.

What needs to happen but never would is every single person that actually cares about the constitution in this country needs to stop going to work for a month. The tax revenue lost would be catastrophic, and we all know these tyrants need our money.

Unfortunately most people cant afford to not work for an entire month. But, money talks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think political bubbles are a big problem especially when they create a culture of uncritical compliance. NM got what it voted for. It's up to the people of New Mexico to fix this problem. But if they won't, it's probably because too many of them have irrational thinking about guns, and too much of a culture of reliance on government to keep them safe.

What breaks bubbles is an alternate point of view as freely available to the people as the bubble's prevailing point of view. This is why free speech is vital to a free society. Mostly.

I say "mostly" because I think there's a point where the features of a free society become it's downfall. And that is the point at which the mechanisms that keep a society free, are gamed by people wishing to destroy it. And they use those very mechanisms to tear it down.

I think that is what is happening now. People susceptible to appeals of unearned virtue vote in people who want to tear down the mechanisms of liberty. And to borrow some words from Bret Weinstein, we're not going to conserve our way out of it. I also think we're not going to libertarian our way out of it. I lean libertarian and conservative.

Back in the day many of us on INGO called ourselves "conservatarians". That ain't helping us out of this. I think we'll need to break some of our principles to save those principles. I think we may need some help from liberals who also want to destroy ClownWorld™. They're not burdened with some of the principles that the clowns can easily game to defeat us.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Too bad they couldn't state that another EO like that, and several other gun laws will be ruled against.

I guess they can't say a blanket, that's unConstitutional.
    But more of a, that rule (pick one) is on hold until it goes through court.
    Sort of what they do to us. Make us take it to court.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    They allowed the ban on carry in playgrounds to stand however, saying it likely meant the definition of a sensitive space……or some bs.

Not sure exactly what the next step is here, local news seems to have mostly lost interest in this.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They allowed the ban on carry in playgrounds to stand however, saying it likely meant the definition of a sensitive space……or some bs.

Not sure exactly what the next step is here, local news seems to have mostly lost interest in this.
    It probably does. Got to protect the children after all. :rolleyes:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    In the news today in ABQ, see this wouldn’t have happened if the gun ban in all of Bernalillo County would have been allowed to stand.

Never mind they were minors.
    Never mind already no guns allowed on school property.
    I’m sure I could come up with a few more given enough ambition. Screw that, time to ban assault rifles!!!

Shooter and friends were in a car playing with guns. Dumped the shootee at a local hospital emergency room then proceeded to try and bury the guns and get rid of blood soaked items. All wannabe rap artists, just having fun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In the news today in ABQ, see this wouldn’t have happened if the gun ban in all of Bernalillo County would have been allowed to stand.

Never mind they were minors.
    Never mind already no guns allowed on school property.
    I’m sure I could come up with a few more given enough ambition. Screw that, time to ban assault rifles!!!

Shooter and friends were in a car playing with guns. Dumped the shootee at a local hospital emergency room then proceeded to try and bury the guns and get rid of blood soaked items. All wannabe rap artists, just having fun.

Yep. I think I said it here. Maybe it was facebook.

When rabid wild dogs, wolves, and coyotes start attacking people, what is these morons' reaction?

Ban domestic dogs.

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency public health order that suspends the open and permitted concealed carry of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

The Democratic governor said she is expecting legal challenges but felt compelled to act in response to gun deaths, including the fatal shooting of an 11-year-old boy outside a minor league baseball stadium this week.

The firearms suspension is tied to a threshold for violent crime rates that only the Albuquerque area currently meets. Police are exempt from the temporary ban on carrying firearms.
    Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”
    waiting for the left to stand on the bodies this type of terrible legislation will create to push more gun control.

And this kid behaved like an absolute moron and now anti-gun control lobbyists in NM have more ammo, sounds like my pistol brace caused this

Last edited by a moderator:

D_rebs

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2023
    Lafayette

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency public health order that suspends the open and permitted concealed carry of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

The Democratic governor said she is expecting legal challenges but felt compelled to act in response to gun deaths, including the fatal shooting of an 11-year-old boy outside a minor league baseball stadium this week.

The firearms suspension is tied to a threshold for violent crime rates that only the Albuquerque area currently meets. Police are exempt from the temporary ban on carrying firearms.
    Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”
    If there’s one thing criminals do, it’s abide by gun control legislation!

Top Bottom