• ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Yikes…..

Denny Hamlin’s disdain for Speedway Motorsports’ reconfiguration and repave track record over the years is well documented and manifested itself once again on social media as Thursday night turned to Friday morning.

Earlier in the week, an SRO sports car event at freshly repaved Sonoma Raceway in California was halted due to numerous sections of the 2.52-mile circuit coming apart during a two-day test session ahead of race weekend.

Hamlin immediately made his disappointment with Speedway Motorsports public and it received a commensurate public response from company CEO Marcus Smith, the son of company founder and NASCAR Hall of Fame inductee Bruton Smith.

Last edited:

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    They could set up a mile of orange barrels and make everyone merge to the right lane while work crews resurface the road. Lets see what road rage looks like at 100 miles an hour and make it realistic. Call it the Interstate 400!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    This cracks me up. A women’s college basketball game blew away ten years of Daytona ratings. How embarrassing…

You have to give it to the media. They created a bigger story with Clark vs Reese than what was really happening. Clark had no issue with the rivalry but the story tellers got America all riled up and they had to watch the great fight!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You have to give it to the media. They created a bigger story with Clark vs Reese than what was really happening. Clark had no issue with the rivalry but the story tellers got America all riled up and they had to watch the great fight!
    The taunting from Reese to Clark when she won the championship was pretty harsh, I have not seen that level of animosity on the court, though I am sure it has happened. A big driver in this is that much of the media is incredulous that a “little white girl” (an actual quote from an article) can hoop and be the all time NCAA scorer.

That said there is a new feud that is just beginning and it puts Clark and Reese on the same team, those two were paid way more than the top wnba players are this year. The top wnba player is paid a little over $250,000 while Clark made $3.3 million and Resse made $1.8 million from NIL deals.

The established wnba players are saying WTF, who the heck are these “girls”? They are also jealous of the NIL money they got that was not allowed when they played in college. A lot of this is similar to the circumstances of Bird and Magic, compelling ncaa story, drafted into a moribund league. It remains to be seen if these two women can parlay this momentum like Bird and Magic did…

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Lights in the house started flickering so bad the tv’s all shut off. Went outside and the powerline behind the neighbors was sparking. Fire department came out and turned the power off.

If i was still a nascar fan id be upset. Instead, we are doing what i planned on doing today anyway, sitting in the yard grilling chicken while the kids play.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Lights in the house started flickering so bad the tv’s all shut off. Went outside and the powerline behind the neighbors was sparking. Fire department came out and turned the power off.

If i was still a nascar fan id be upset. Instead, we are doing what i planned on doing today anyway, sitting in the yard grilling chicken while the kids play.
    I'll be watching the women's championship game. Not nice enough up here to play outside instead

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Saw a highlight on youtube. Same as last weekend, lot of empty seats. Short tracks used to be nascars main attraction. Sad.

Also saw the womens basketball will have half the viewers now since caitlyn has been knocked out. Kinda a bummer, i was enjoying seeing her kick ass and reading all the hate.

Top Bottom