Multi-tools...what are you carrying, and how?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Carolina Knife and Tool multi-tool, CRKT Guppie, and a little Gerber Shortcut in a tool pouch that stays in my go bag...

qGjftADl.jpg

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Iv’e been carrying the SuperTool300 in black oxide since release. I use a metal holster that allows the tool to slide in and out of the sheath with no annoying velcro. During the work season the tool gets used every few minutes 100%. I’m able to open the action with one hand similar to a Butterfly Knife…., hehehe the look on customers faces!

I call them the working mans friend.
    I have to send mine in every year to have it tuned up due to heavy useage. I been doing this for a decade now. Send it in they fix everything or simply replace the item and send your old one back.
    Iv’e expressed my appreciation for the SuperTool 300 to Leatherman all these years and was sent a brand new one a few days after my repaired tool was sent back!
    Both my crew members wear theirs on the gigs if not, they are asking for mine every 2 minutes…..

Leatherman is a stand up company, CS is top shelf 100% I have one getting replaced now while my backup sits awaiting to be used!! image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've carried many (SOG, Leatherman, S&W, and cheaper one's) and, most recently (at least the past several years) I've carried a Gerber 'Suspension' 12-tool pliers tool. Works great, has the tools I need and use (mainly pliers and screwdriver tips) and is simple to operate.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I used to carry a mutitool back when I was a mechanic full time. Had a couple Leathermans, and a Gerber. I stopped carrying it because the tools were made out of some kind of steel that I swear had a lower HRC than butter. I can't tell you how many times I broke the pliers or rounded off the Phillips screwdrivers. I'd trade them back into the tool truck almost monthly. Finally just stopped carrying one. Are they any better than they used to be? Are there any out there that actually used hardened steel on the tools? I still have a Leatherman (Wave, I think?) I use it around the house on small stuff. The knife blade at least is made from 154CM.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Supertool 300 can take a beating, the phillips head can take consistent daily torquing for a year straight and not loose integrity the steel seems very solid with these boys.

As with any narrow flathead on a multitool too much torque will snap it, but it does take a bit to do it. You will know intuitively if you’re pressing its limits, They don’t surprise ya just breaking with general or slightly aggressive use.

Again the best thing about leatherman is every single thing is under a no questions asked warranty. Breaks, dulls or bends they will take care of it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    Been carrying a Leatherman Fuse every day for years.
    I don't work it too hard. Just to bend wire or tighten/loosen screws.
    Basically, I use to save me from going to get a real pair of pliers or a screwdriver simply because I'm a lazy ass.

Top Bottom