• ...and so much more!
  • Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Not sure what your budget is, but there were major upgrades done to the Electraglides in 2010, and again in 2014. It would be better to either buy a 2010, or a 2014, as the previous years wouldnt have the upgraded items.

I cant remember exactly what, but there was a widening of the swingarm, 6 gallon tank, 96 cu motor, 6 speed tranny, frame mods all done thru the years 2007 to 2010. To get all hose you need a 2010 model.

The next update was done for the 2014 which was saddlebag and tour pack changes, bigger motor again, and pretty sure that was the year gps was added, but not sure about that one. I had a buddy who bought a 2013 and bitches that had he known the changes were coming in 14 he would have waited.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not sure what your budget is, but there were major upgrades done to the Electraglides in 2010, and again in 2014. It would be better to either buy a 2010, or a 2014, as the previous years wouldnt have the upgraded items.

I cant remember exactly what, but there was a widening of the swingarm, 6 gallon tank, 96 cu motor, 6 speed tranny, frame mods all done thru the years 2007 to 2010. To get all hose you need a 2010 model.

The next update was done for the 2014 which was saddlebag and tour pack changes, bigger motor again, and pretty sure that was the year gps was added, but not sure about that one. I had a buddy who bought a 2013 and bitches that had he known the changes were coming in 14 he would have waited.
    I wonder if, like cars, it is better to buy a model a year or two after a noticeable model change? Given the choice of course?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anybody ever use the "calimoto" app to plot bike routes?
    I use SCENIC and FURKOT

FURKOT will let you pick the actual route/roads you want, similar to Garmin's Basecamp and other software. I then upload the Furkot files to SCENIC which gives me turn-by-turn directions. It does both audio and on your screen, so if you have a Cardo headset (or probably any other bluetooth headset) installed in your helmet you can stream your directions right to your headset.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes I am just starting to do my searching. The first link i posted seems like a pretty good price for the low miles, especially for a dealer. But we will see. One thing I like buying from private parties over dealers is fudging the bill of sale for the sales tax. Well I won't say anymore about that.
    No, and you probably shouldn't have said that.

If a buyer asked me to lie so he could cheat on his taxes, my politest response would be a stern, "No."

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

The boom audio with GPS isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. I rarely use mine on trips. Typically I use Apple CarPlay, that gives me the British accent of turn right on my headset(Bluetooth) and or my bike speakers if not using Bluetooth in my helmet. Now again, if you buy one in the early gen of boom audio there is no Apple CarPlay I don’t believe.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As a buyer, I'm always happy for the seller to pay as much to the gubment as they want. They can send in funds to cover any number of things that the overlords have no business in.

A seller is totally entitled to send in dollars to cover what they feel others should be paying. The seller can pay the extra money for any imaginary emotionally inflated number that they think their item might have been worth. It's their feewings and their money. :spend::spend::spend:

A private negotiation and trade is just that. Government not needed or wanted.

:twocents:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'll have to look into those and yeah I have a Cardo freecom4+.
    I should note that the SCENIC originally only worked with iPhones. I think it is available for Android now. SCENIC has downloadable maps (that you buy) but then allows you to ride without using your data plan, so you can ride in remote areas with marginal or no-cell signal. That feature came in really handy in the UP of Michigan, northern Minnesota, etc. where the cell towers and few and far between. Being able to navigate while "off line" is the main reason some riders use Garmin GPS units. So without having to invest in a dedicated weatherproof GPS unit, the SCENIC software gives you the same functionality on your phone.

FURKOT is used on your computer/laptop for mapping out the route. Furkot's routes can be uploaded to pretty much any device that will accept standard .GPX routes.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I should note that the SCENIC originally only worked with iPhones. I think it is available for Android now. SCENIC has downloadable maps (that you buy) but then allows you to ride without using your data plan, so you can ride in remote areas with marginal or no-cell signal. That feature came in really handy in the UP of Michigan, northern Minnesota, etc. where the cell towers and few and far between. Being able to navigate while "off line" is the main reason some riders use Garmin GPS units. So without having to invest in a dedicated weatherproof GPS unit, the SCENIC software gives you the same functionality on your phone.

FURKOT is used on your computer/laptop for mapping out the route. Furkot's routes can be uploaded to pretty much any device that will accept standard .GPX routes.

I see both you guys are using a Cardo bluetooth. I bought a 3/4 shell Bell helmet can't remember which model, but it has a built in pocket for either a Cardo or Sena 10 model. Can you let me know what you guys think about your Cardos ? I would mostly be using it for radio and GPS, and maybe an occasional phone call, but that is not really the plan.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I see both you guys are using a Cardo bluetooth. I bought a 3/4 shell Bell helmet can't remember which model, but it has a built in pocket for either a Cardo or Sena 10 model. Can you let me know what you guys think about your Cardos ? I would mostly be using it for radio and GPS, and maybe an occasional phone call, but that is not really the plan.
    I have 2 of the Cardo Packtalk Slim units and love them. Talking to other people is crystal clear. I use mine mostly for streaming music. Radio works OK but a lot of my riding is in rural areas so using it for radio is pretty much a gamble. I think it has 5 presets, all are FM, honestly I listen to 1 FM station in my car and that fades out so I don't rely on it for my rides. I love it for GPS functions with my phone. I think I've used it 2 times in 2 years for phone calls ... if I'm on my bike then the last thing I want to do is answer the phone, I use my rides to get away from phone calls.

Voice control on the Cardo PalkTalk units is stellar.

Cardo FreeCom 4+ is supposed to be great too.

Sena seems to have a big advertising budget, pretty good reviews, but generally rank below the Cardo units.

There are more budget friendly options from other brands as both the Cardo & Sena units are premium priced, even in their lower range models like the FreeCom 4+ and Model 10 options. To me, the true hands free voice command and crystal clear audio quality is worth its weight in gold. Cardo is using JBL speakers in their upper range units.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I mostly solo ride, and rarely make phone calls in my truck let alone the bikes. I mostly use mine for the radio and listening to Pandora or Amazon Music. Also, it looks like I may have skidded on it a bit in the crash, and it still works fine, so they should get points for that lol.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No, and you probably shouldn't have said that.

If a buyer asked me to lie so he could cheat on his taxes, my politest response would be a stern, "No."

Really, they have no business charging tax on anything but new... Well, not even on new but that's another discussion.
    And don't get me started on property tax on owned items.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    This is a tragicomic video of a young man in California going over a cliff. He basically just stops turning. He claimed the bike's steering "locked up" even though seconds earlier it worked just fine. He doesn't even seem to brake very much, he only scrubs about 20mph before zooping into the air. I think he fixated on a light pole and then the cliff's edge.

He went on talk shows and said how Awful & Dangerous motorcycles are. Very tragic end to the tale. I guess perpetually daydrunk TV hosts know a thing or two about dangerous lifestyles.

Top Bottom