• ...and so much more!
  • Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I do remember the speed limit. Wasn't too bad in a car for sight seeing. But on a bike if would suck. :nuts:

The first time was to pre-ride a group ride I had planned for our group. I almost wrote and sealed an apology letter for everyone to read after the ride. The group abandoned the ride before I did on the pre-ride. I knew they were going to hate it, and I was right.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was talking more about the neck gaiter style ones made of slightly stretchy material. Like the ones SA Fishing makes
    Neck gaiters are pretty nice. I use them when backpacking. But not for covid. They can be soaked in water and evaporative cooling effect is pretty nice. Some of the motorcycle clothing companies sell windproof styles and insulated versions for cooler weather riding.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    They're useless for covid. Which is funny because that's sufficient for any store I've been in that requires a mask.

But my point was they're actually pretty great for bug impacts if you ride with your face exposed like with a 3/4 or even no helmet at all.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The neck gaiters have been my only "mask" during the scamdemic. Lotta other threads for the argument on whether "masks" are necessary at all.

That skinny thin neck gator seems to make a noticeable differerence when the outside riding temps are trending cooler. Whether actually covering the mouth or just scrunched around the neck, they seem to help a lot with body heat loss.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm curious about what INGOers are using for chain lube?

Also how much attention is paid to counting mileage until the next lube?

I put a new chain on last year and, as of yet, have only lubed with WD40. Trying to decide whether to go to a commercial lube and which kind?

I used chain wax for the life of the last chain. Probably rode for a few months, if not a whole warm season with a chain going bad? Not sure the chain wax done the job toward the end of the old chain's life?

I've seen the Fortnite vid on lubes and conversely the Brent Tracs vid where he uses diesel fuel. :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Also how much attention is paid to counting mileage until the next lube?

I put a new chain on last year and, as of yet, have only lubed with WD40. Trying to decide whether to go to a commercial lube and which kind?

I used chain wax for the life of the last chain. Probably rode for a few months, if not a whole warm season with a chain going bad? Not sure the chain wax done the job toward the end of the old chain's life?

I've seen the Fortnite vid on lubes and conversely the Brent Tracs vid where he uses diesel fuel. :dunno:
    What’s a chain? :cool:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I put a NEMO 2 chain oiler on 2 of our bikes. Idiot proof chain oiling. Never have to clean the chain. Just a 1/4 turn of the NEMO oiler and it does its work. As for the type of oil I use, typically a heavy bar & chain or heavy gear oil.

There are a couple different companies that make these. I think I paid $49 for mine in 2019. Price in the review says its $149. Check Amazon or eBay. Mine are Gibidi brand (or something like that). Some of the best motorcycle $ I've spent.

This is what I have, but I paid less ... Amazon product ASIN B08X3PTXT1
    This looks like the same thing, at a lower price, but with a different top ... Amazon product ASIN B082SPC1MS

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I know I'm not a typical American "biker" but damn if the modern rendition of the old school Royal Enfield METEOR 350 doesn't trip a lot of triggers for me. Just seems like this would be a lot of fun to own and ride. Love the traditional looks, love the LED lights, Tripper Navigation and modern touches. I'd prefer if it was a "scrambler" configuration with the exhaust mounted a bit higher but I'm still smitten with this bike.

2021-Royal-Enfield-Meteor-350-First-Look-cruiser-motorcycle-India-19.jpg

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    My wife and I are considering going from our softail deluxe to an electra glide. I like our softail but we are looking to get into more long range comfort. This caught my eye was listed today.
    Looking for electra glide owners thoughts.
    I'm not a Harley guy but I have been around bikes most of my life. I have to wonder why they didn't post pics of the actual bike they have for sale. This throws up a caution flag IMO.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Yes I am just starting to do my searching. The first link i posted seems like a pretty good price for the low miles, especially for a dealer. But we will see. One thing I like buying from private parties over dealers is fudging the bill of sale for the sales tax. Well I won't say anymore about that.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes I am just starting to do my searching. The first link i posted seems like a pretty good price for the low miles, especially for a dealer. But we will see. One thing I like buying from private parties over dealers is fudging the bill of sale for the sales tax. Well I won't say anymore about that.
    Like most other private purchases, I don't believe a bill of sale is required is it?

Just the signed over title, correct?

The purchase price listed on the title is a part of the private negotiation, right?

Top Bottom