• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Last time I rode the Dragon was in 2017. I like the roads in Georgia and ride them twice a year.
    I liked the Cherohola more than the Dragon. What roads are the best in Georgia ? We're looking for a summer trip that's not the Dragon/Cherohola.

Reactions: Leo

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That BUELL is sweet!

Had to mail a package, stop at an ATM and also pick up lunch. There are 4 towns nearby, went north to the farthest one away for the ATM, then came back south to the next town to hit the post office. Then all the way to the far side of the lake, past a dozen closer restaurants, drive-ins and chain eateries to a little walk up burger & ice cream stand for the lunch. South from there thru rural county land before heading back home to deliver the lunch. A longer ride would have suited me just fine but they were beginning to worry about me for being gone so long for just a few quick errands. Clearly if I’d have taken a car I’d have been back 30 minutes sooner and covered far fewer miles ... so I made the right choice by taking the bike!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I avoid group riding. I have a 70 year old friend that I don't mind riding with. I got a little ride in again today. View attachment 134448
    Nice looking Buell!

I spent the day doing some maintenance:
    Removed saddlebag side guards in preparation for installing a trailer hitch assembly. Swapped out the rear shocks putting it back up to stock height. Flushed rear and front brake lines.
    Tomorrow I'll try to finish up with flushing the clutch line and installing the hitch and the trailer harness assembly.
    Should be done/ready by Friday or Saturday.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I liked the Cherohola more than the Dragon. What roads are the best in Georgia ? We're looking for a summer trip that's not the Dragon/Cherohola.
    I go to Suches, Georgia and stay at a Two Wheels Of Suches. There is camping, cabins, and lodge rooms. https://twowheelsofsuches.com/

All the roads around there are great. Jim's Smokin' Que is nearby.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, I drove just a bit of the northern portion of the Natchez Trail Parkway... OMG, I wanted to be on my bike sooooo bad. The road was smooth, the sights were amazing is it was one twist after another.

It didn't seem aggressive, but just fun.

(of course, it's not GA, but I just had to share)

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    So, I drove just a bit of the northern portion of the Natchez Trail Parkway... OMG, I wanted to be on my bike sooooo bad. The road was smooth, the sights were amazing is it was one twist after another.

It didn't seem aggressive, but just fun.

(of course, it's not GA, but I just had to share)
    I drove a good bit of it in a car as well. Beautiful road for sure. Not near as technical as Dragon/Cherahola but it would be great on a bike. I may make Georgia my next adventure.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've ridden the Natchez Trace Parkway twice ( only the northern half) and it sucked both times. Speed limit 45 and yes, the first hour is fine, but then it flattens and straightens out a lot, and who wants to ride 45 MPH for 600 miles.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I've ridden the Natchez Trace Parkway twice ( only the northern half) and it sucked both times. Speed limit 45 and yes, the first hour is fine, but then it flattens and straightens out a lot, and who wants to ride 45 MPH for 600 miles.
    I do remember the speed limit. Wasn't too bad in a car for sight seeing. But on a bike if would suck. :nuts:

Top Bottom