• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I do everytime a get a chance. I work in Internal Affairs and lets just say that most are not fond of what I do, but oh well. If they didn't break the law themselves I wouldn't be in IA. The most disturbing thing is most LEO's have been trained on how to handle OC situations. Its really not that difficult.

Man, I bet you have some interesting stories you could tell....

Im4the2nd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    My concern with open carry is that I might be disarmed by someone and the firearm used on me......While visiting in Vermont I was tempted to hang my CZ75 compact on my side at a community event. I do believe people would freak and Officer Obie who by the way was there in the town square might arrest me for littering.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    My concern with open carry is that I might be disarmed by someone and the firearm used on me......While visiting in Vermont I was tempted to hang my CZ75 compact on my side at a community event. I do believe people would freak and Officer Obie who by the way was there in the town square might arrest me for littering.

First and foremost I42, welcome to INGO. We are glad you are here! Second, because you are new to the site, and before anyone piles on, I will direct you to this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

Once you have been here for a while you will recognize that threads like these aren't necessarily for OC vs CC debates. Threads like these are posted for discussions about the lack of knowledge by both the general public and some LEO's on the right to OC in the State of Indiana.

If you are interested in debating/discussing OC vs CC, then I would kindly refer you to the above-linked thread. Enjoy your stay here on INGO. We look forward to your input! Have a nice day! :D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My concern with open carry is that I might be disarmed by someone and the firearm used on me......

Attempts are quite rare, successful attempts even rarer. See above mentioned thread for more discussion.

While visiting in Vermont I was tempted to hang my CZ75 compact on my side at a community event. I do believe people would freak and Officer Obie who by the way was there in the town square might arrest me for littering.

You lost me here. :scratch:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Huh...

Who would have thought you two would step on the Bus to the Corner of Responsible and Respectable...

Aaaaaaauuuuuuuuhhhhha???

timallen.jpg

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    GGF, ATM; What no pile on? I'm almost disappointed ;)

I42 :welcome: 2 :ingo:

As others have already stated, this thread is not an OC/CC debate, it is my thread stating my concern for the lack of knowledge and/or respect for the law, not to mention the general lack of professionalism Officer Lutz displayed during his interaction with me.

Just an FYI for you, I am 100% pro carry, period, I don't care how anyone else carries, just glad that they do!

I hope you have a wonderful time on INGO, and learn more than could ever retain! I know I have!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would just like to say :welcome:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Guys, he has been a member since '09 and his very first post was negative of OC, don't waste your breath.

Open carry seems to attract trouble. My fear is having weapon taken from me and ultimately used on me. I walk our pet with the grip of my 38 showing from my waistline due to the fact my shirt is tucked in and the looks I get are uncomfortable to say the least. my wife was attacked, bit and our pet on a leash died from the savage beating it took from a larger dog. I have two rounds of bird shot and 3 rounds of business in the 38 only to be used in dire straights as a swift kick a loud whistle are considered attempts in my book. rather keep the element of suprise on my side.

Ironically enough he admits to psuedoOCing WHILE he is bashing it. The irony never ceases to amaze me.

Top Bottom