• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There's nothing "wrong" with MLM if you're a "consumer"...

The difference is that the insurer and the realtor don't use "hiring suckers to hire more suckers" as their business plans. They actually have a product to sell, and they're up-front about what they're selling. If you want to work for them, they're up-front about that, too. A tiered marketing structure is perfectly fine in that respect.

Oh, and Cutco were the knives he was trying to sell me. I didn't like the handles and parts of the sales pitch were patently bogus, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad knives.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I about pulled my block to get a kirby salesman out of my house. I came home from work one day with a man standing in my living room. There were no vehicles in my driveway. Him and another guy invited themselves in while my wife went to put our dog up and the other guy left. I didn't think I'd ever get him to leave.
    A few weeks after we moved into our home we noticed a LOT of dust gathering on things. It was construction dust from the surrounding new home sites being built. We began looking for an air filtration system. I called one out of the phone book that looked promising and set up an appointment. The guy came out...dressed in a tuxedo. :rolleyes: This should have been my first clue. He pulls his system out of his cases and it was a sweeper...made by a subsidiary of Grummann Industries...that used to make aircraft. And it sounded like an airplane...this baby was loud and wow could it suck some stuff up!!

Now keep in mind it was an impressive sweeper. There wasn't much it wouldn't do. It was also priced in excess of $3000 I believe. For the low, low payment of around $50 a month for years!

He went on and on and on...and I was getting a little more than pissed by now. He finally finished and I told him this was NOT what I was looking for. I wanted an air filtration system...not a sweeper. He looked at me for a moment and then he said, "You can set it over in the corner and leave it running and it filters the air, too". I asked him if he was kidding and how in the hell someone could actually sleep with that loud thing running. Then I told him to get his :poop: and get the hell out of my house.

He left...and I swear to God, my wife looked at me and said, "Well...that was rude of you. I liked that sweeper." :ugh:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I went to a Kirby thing, just as I had nothing to do a few years back, just to laugh at folks. Boy did I. The people there in the "interview" were the cream of their respective crop, degenerates of a system that ignores them on a daily basis. The guy running the thing asked a bunch of questions. Turned out I was the only one with a degree (including the interviewer) and one of 4 with a high school education.

I asked a few questions as he went along, pretty much loaded ones. After question 4, half the group had left, as I had put the seed of doubt into them regarding this. The other half left when I was finished. Guy was so pissed. I reported his operation to the BBB, which turned out they were pursuing him already for fraud (not connected with Kirby, but still something they would run for fadeaway money).

As I cruise the job boards, I see more and more of this kind of garbage floating out there. Work from home, "government jobs", franchise work, etc... Terrible stuff. Funny thing is that people are falling for it. A few of my friends from college have fallen for it and are trying to get me in. Needless to say, they arent my friends anymore.

Insurance (no offense) is a scam as well. Being a "sales person" for one of these outfits can be lucrative. I tried out for one during college. One, flag should have been raised when they were interested in me (no experience, still in school, etc...). Two, they wanted a few hundred to a thousand dollars (the amount raising each meeting) for a license to sell for them. Three, they wanted a list of friends and family that owned their homes or cars, their addresses, contact information, etc... The only reason they were interested was for their "leads". I will say the company's name: Mutual of Omaha in Dayton, OH. Scamming trash.

Nothing can be done about this garbage. It is technically legal and they can do anything with any personal info given to them as it was given willingly. My friends, so called, think I am stupid enough or dishonorable enough to be scammed as they have.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Hey, you guys are all coming to the BBQ, right? I've got something I want to talk to you about.
    :shady:

True:
    Longaberger Baskets
    Pampered Chef
    and so on have some good items. My favorite knife is a pampered chef. Nothing special. It's a butter knife, wide, with serrated edge. I just like it.
    Pampered Chef stuff is very good stuff. I have 4 of their knives and lots of their other products. I'm hoping to get a couple of their deep dish pie stones this year to make apple pies in.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There's a good reason to let the Kirby or other vacuum sales person into your home: the "demonstration."

I'll let someone sweep my house for me. In fact, I don't think I can really gauge just how good that sweeper really is after sweeping just one room. I might have a better idea about buying it if, say, it worked just as well . . . in all of the other rooms.

When they're done, well, my rugs are clean and I don't really need a vacuum cleaner, do I?

:D

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Pampered chef stuff isn't that bad. When my parents die, I'm setting fire to all of my mom's Longaberger baskets. I hate those things (not my parents, the baskets). I regularly use a Pampered Chef orange peeler. Best dollar or so I've ever spent.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I buy drinks for all of my drivers here in Indy and Louisville. I also buy vitamins and gym memberships for them at request. I was spending a fortune on this but Its better to keep them healthy less sicks days and working out causes a better attitude.
    Regardless I have been buying vemma now. and the verve. I buy the product and have signed other people up as well It makes me money
    These things work for some people and not so much for others. I just happen to like and use the product.

That being said I don't push or trick people into it.lol I work out with a large group of people they all use it, and asked me how to buy and sell it.

So it works for me I love the product and I am actually making money instead of spending it on product I would buy anyway.

Top Bottom