• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    OH Sorry I miss read the title bar, .....
    mmp1.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh, painful memories.

The worst experience you can have with "multi-level marketing" is to know what's happening, but you choose to do it anyway for some reason (e.g. loyalty to the person suckering you). Beinf suckered is bad, but allowing yourself to be suckered is . . . worse.

On the bright side, once you learn the lesson, it's a lot easier to spot and a lot easier to say "No."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My own brother refused to talk to me for months and didn't even invite me to his own wedding because I refused to join one with him. He went to seminars that cost him hundreds of dollars and bought several thousand dollars worth of product. He kept asking me, don't you want to make $100k a year and drive a lexus? I told him that when he did, get back with me. He sold off some of his product but I'd hate to guess how much he lost on the whole deal.

I hate these things as well. They are great if you can sell ice to an eskimo but I'm not a salesman and I won't try pawning off any crap on my friends and family. You know the first people they always go after are friends and family. I have another friend who has asked a couple times to get me involved in some sort of liquid vitamins. I've avoided it so far and will just flat out tell him if it's mentioned again. I don't see this friend very often any more but not for this reason.

I can't stand the bogus reasons to meet, dinners or whatever either.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    not sure if this falls into the same catagory or not but several years ago I was job hunting and ran across an add in the paper requesting experianced fork truck ops. so I went to apply for the job. well I got there and the place seemed kinda odd as it was just a small office but I thought maybe the warehouse was on a different lot or something,I got my app and filled it out and the lady didnt even look at it she just said "mr so and so will be with you in a sec" hmm ok. well they pulled me into this office and started asking me all sorts of off the wall questions so I asked what the heck kinda company this is. come to find out they wanted me to go door to door selling vaccum cleaners:xmad::noway:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I about pulled my block to get a kirby salesman out of my house. I came home from work one day with a man standing in my living room. There were no vehicles in my driveway. Him and another guy invited themselves in while my wife went to put our dog up and the other guy left. I didn't think I'd ever get him to leave.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's nothing "wrong" with MLM if you're a "consumer"...

But they're certainly not any kind of "job" for me, personally.

I actually signed up to do Primerica about 4 years ago. I believe that what they offer really is "noble" in cause...but can be a little shady in customer-gathering practice.

And, heck, my wife and I just bought some Cut-Co knives the other day. I have to admit, the cutting demonstration WAS impressive. I don't know when I'll have to cut leather or hemp rope or cut pennies with scissors...but I could if I wanted to!

For those who don't think that you can make money at MLM? What about everyone that sells Real Estate out of an "office" with several other realtors? That's multi-level. What about most of the main-stream insurers (American Fam, State Farm, Liberty Mutual, etc)? That, too, is multi-level. Ever see an Avon vehicle when you're out and about? Again, multi-level.

Don't decry "multi level marketing" as evil; it ain't.

Unfortunately, though, the level of "contractor" that's just above the consumer, and the level just above that...leave a lot to be desired in their recruitment and "business" practices that does indeed leave a sour taste in many people's mind.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    True:
    Longaberger Baskets
    Pampered Chef
    and so on have some good items. My favorite knife is a pampered chef. Nothing special. It's a butter knife, wide, with serrated edge. I just like it.

Top Bottom